Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Blue Moon 2020

The spirit of the full moon is capricious, intense and passionate, yet still distant, aloof and cold. Luna herself governs glamours, bewitchments and dream-work, innocent wonder, transient pleasure and delight, the Moment, impulse, mystery and veils. The Blue Moon is one of her rarest manifestations, and this scent is formulated to encapsulate her most complex and profound nature:

Mugwort and bay, for psychic sensitivity…

Juniper, for divination through dreams…

Orchid and galbanum, for complexity, wisdom and noscere…

… with a potent lunar-charged blend of exquisite woods, moonflower, Madagascan ylang ylang, Florentine iris, wild juniper, starry bergamot, elemi, green tea absolute, palmarosa, cucumber, Clary sage, lettuce leaf, melilot trefoils, wood aloes, and pale creeping buttercup.

This is so well blended that it is truly difficult for me to pick out individual notes. It is an ethereal, aquatic floral that reminds me a great deal of one of my grandmothers, not that there is an "old lady scent" quality to it, but she loved a perfume whose name I don't recall. It suggests it enough that the moment it hit my skin I thought of her. I will wear it during times I want to feel contemplative. It has a low throw and long last.

In the bottle: Sweet, juicy white floral, with just a hint of something bracingly herbal in the background (juniper maybe?)

Wet: Still sweet and heady white floral. Like ajansuz mentioned, it's difficult to pick out the individual notes here. 

Drydown: Powder starts to peek its head out (boo), along with the woods. Its developing a little bit of an amber quality on me, but the white floral still dominates. 

I'm honestly note sure how I feel about this one. It definitely reminds me of a conventional designer fragrance more than Lab blends usually do (not necessarily a bad thing, just different). I do love a white floral, but I like them really heady and juicy, and the ambery thing is making this smell a little more mature than I prefer, bordering on old lady. It's throwing me off because I can't identify anything in the description that would translate to amber; maybe its the woods, and I'm just misinterpreting what I'm smelling. Still pretty, but not one I'll reach for often. 

There's so much going on here that it's tough to pick out individual notes! It's definitely primarily a white floral to me, especially in the decant -- the moonflower and ylang ylang stand out to me, while there's a sort of green, aquatic-ish undertone (I'm guessing that's the cucumber and lettuce). It does go a little powdery with wear, but stays primarily bright white floral.

In The Bottle: It smells very soft & quiet but otherwise, I can't identify it beyond a "perfume" smell. 

Wet: I have no idea, but it's gorgeous. I love it. I may wear this everyday (though a few of my staple scents might cry). 

Dry: Still perfection, but I am noticing SOME scent notes, but not easily. This is blended so well on my skin chemistry. I amp elemi pretty easily (it's a fav scent too & it it pulls the bergamot up a bit, which is nice as it's another favourite scent), as well as juniper. So I can smell both (though they are mixed in well). I can also find moonflower, iris, & the general woods scent. I have to hunt for all & it works best if I can smell the item then the perfume on my arm. So, it's easier to trigger my brain to remember those scents & find them, I can't for the others. Otherwise, it's just a wonderful blend that invokes a cool night time walk that makes you wonder what flowers bloom at night (it also made me think of a big of night blooming jasmine, but those are so much more cloying). 

Wear: About 4-6 hours.

Throw: Seems about a foot for the first few hours, then gradually reduces & the last two hours or so, you need to be right next to me. 

Final thoughts: Love it. When I bought it, I was so worried because that's a lot of things in a scent, but they blend so well. It's just perfection. 

Edited by TheLampades

I'm getting a gorgeous blue floral aquatic skin musk thing with this.  It's as lovely as I thought it would be.

This is a beautiful, etherial, soapy, aquatic floral. It's well blended and difficult to pick out individual notes, but I do sense the aloe. Not what I usually reach for, but I'm glad to have it in my collection for those times when I need a peaceful, soothing, dreamy scent. Medium throw and long wear length.

Tons of ylang ylang, orchid, iris and moonflower. This is like NIGHT BLOOMING FLOWERS ARE HERE, with ylang ylang leading the squad. Great throw and wear length.

You always wondered what ylang ylang smells like? Look no further.