Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

The Choirs of Angels

A radiant blend of three frankincense oils, white bergamot, crystallized cistus, lavender, angelica root, and fiery neroli.

I don't know how to describe this except in terms of feel. It's golden, softly sweet, and ethereal. I can't really pick out the lavender and the bergamot and neroli are simply adding to the warmth and depth. It's a stunningly beautiful scent. 

I'm seconding that this one is totally gorgeous. I love frankincense and the three franks in this make it so resonant and golden . . . it's like if sunlight had a smell. The other notes give it depth but don't overwhelm the frankincense.

This is a mood. A feeling.
It's incredibly light, both in terms of scent and the feeling it invokes. 

The notes are blended beautifully and so completely that I cannot detect anything individually really, just this sweetness with something thats not quite citrus yet evokes that idea. The neroli, perhaps? The white bergamot? It's a faint floral/sweet lemon and it's utterly gorgeous.

One of my first ever blind bottle purchases, and I’m really glad I did.

This starts as a bracing salve kind of smell, like Barbasol shave cream in the red barber pole striped can, in a really pleasing way. Interwebz tell me this is “largely geranium and moss, and is about as old school as you can get.” I’m wondering if that’s angelica root, too? But somehow over the course of 30 minutes or so, the bracing sharp clean smell gives way to a warm glow. Dried, the smells absolutely of golden milk - not so much the milk as the turmeric: earthy sweet warm glowing. Maybe that’s the cistus? Dunno, but I love it. The final phase lasts a good long while.

This feels comforting, reassuring, and gives me confidence that greater forces are at work. I meant to be testing other things, but the experience and the final result keep reeling me in to this one. 

*edited to mention - this reminds me a lot of Tushnamatay.

Edited by groovyrooby

Bergamot, lavender, and frankincense. This smells.... uplifting and golden without being golden but you still that great impression of light. This smells comforting, and good, and smells like a pat on the head from the great divine. 10/10 would definitely buy this as a magickal oil. This would be a great oil for anything solar or Regulus.

If you've ever wanted a Crown of Light, get this. It sort of reminds me to some of the S&S series, particularly Luminous Crown, but more into the solar aspects of that.

I absolutely agree with the above reviewers on this being a very 'golden' scent. It reminds me of summer in the same evocative way Bastet does. It's incensey, but it's a bright, happy, playful incense, not churchy at all. The florals are creamy, well-blended, and very in-the-background. Like someone in Biblical Times got a whiff of this coming off of a departing angel and was inspired to create church incense based on it, but was never quite able to get it right.

I've recently discovered how much I love frankincense thanks to Drag is for Everyone, so I've been trying as many frank-heavy scents as I can get my hands on, and this is my favorite of the bunch so far!

Edited by rhonorv

The Choir of Angels features three soft, cozy varieties of frankincense that are brightened a bit by the citrus. Neroli isn't a note that tends to work on me, and there is a phase where it makes this a little too sharp for me, but it is nowhere near as loud as it normally is in scents. The bergamot is more noticeable by the end of the day, but I was never able to pick out the lavender. The resins are the star here, and I agree with those that said this smells golden.

I think this is nice, but I know I wouldn't reach for it over Hope and Fear Set Free for my frankincense fix.

This reminds me of the GC: Arcana.
If these two perfumes were related, I would say that The Choirs of Angels is the witch auntie, with her apartment filled with hanging dried herbs, resin incense, a bunch of plants and herbs growing, jars of oils…

while Arcana is the niece, who wants to be like said Witch Auntie, so she stuffed herbs from her mom’s kitchen garden into a jar of olive oil, and has crystals and glitter and unicorns all over in her room.

(I am subsequently both the auntie and the niece.)

While I agree with others that this does smell somewhat golden, it does have a muted quality. So white gold? 
It is resin, herbs, ritualistic. It smells like a workspace of an herbalist or a witch, or a healer of ages past. 
A lot of frankincense, with touches of herbs and very light neroli. Very smooth, medium throw. 

This is so lovely! The frankincense is definitely the main player for me, but I do get a bright, tea-like whiff of the white bergamot and florals when first applied. It's a very bright but placid scent, definitely not as sharp or astringent as some other scents I've tried along these lines. My only complaint is that my skin just totally ate this scent up—it had faded remarkably within a half hour. Might try this one on a scent locket and see how that goes