Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VetchVesper

Smells to Work Out To - 30 Day Challenge

YAAAAAH!  @Kelthara it is great to hear from you!  I've been thinking about you a lot, so it's good to know you're doing well 💜 

@Lucchesa @Madame Mew thank you for keeping our little group alive and providing consistent motivation. I would have slipped back into slug mode long ago without the two of you checking in regularly. 

@VetchVesper I know you've been busy with artwork and decanting.  My package will be here today, and I am SUPER excited to see your work firsthand :joy:

Friday was a rest day, I think?  I can't remember...which means I probably didn't do anything.

Saturday's activity was an hour on the treadmill, wearing my beloved Blueberry Suf and Snake Oil combo.  I know I'm not very adventurous scent-wise, but I will never get tired of smelling like fruit-filled pastries dipped in Snake Oil.  

Sunday was a buncha Bowflex, while wearing original Inez.  It reminds me of the same playdoughy vanilla that I get from 'O'.  Call me crazy, but I actually dig the playdough vibe.  Inez is such a pretty scent, I just wish she had more throw.  She stays close, but I could smell her throughout my workout, so her staying power is pretty good.  Just a bit more 'oomph' and she'd be perfect.

Yesterday hubby and I went shopping for the grandbabies, dodging the smug anti-maskers for a few hours...fun fun.  I'm always ready to throw down in Walmart should the need arise.  Luckily, my mask doesn't block my epic stank-eye, so I have not had to roundhouse-kick anyone...yet.  All the hours of Tae Bo will come in handy someday, I'm sure.

Today I am indeed sore, with something close to pain in my right shoulder, which I need to be watchful of (it's a weak point of mine, frequently reinjured).  This morning was gorgeously sunny after the godawful slush of yesterday, and Abby and I took a brief walk, about 20 minutes, at one of Seattle's most beautiful parks after visiting a friend of mine who lives nearby.  I wasn't wearing any perfume because I wasn't sure if my friend had scent sensitivities or not.  But this afternoon I walked to the nearby grocery store for lentils, and by that time I was wearing Kabuki, which I just got in the Solstice Swap!  I'm so happy with it.  I'm still not quite at 10,000 steps -- perhaps I can walk around the block before I go to bed.  My friend mentioned seeing a  particular tree in Seward Park every day for 30 years, and that made me think.  What if I started every day with a walk around Green Lake?  Just make it the first thing I do every morning, rain or shine.  It would be an interesting experiment for January.

Go, @Amazonia!  Anti-masker dodging is a sport, right?

Edited by Lucchesa
Forgot to mention perfume! Duh!

30 minutes ago, Lucchesa said:

Go, @Amazonia!  Anti-masker dodging is a sport, right?

It should be.  Dodge, dip, duck, dive...and dodge.  I could start carrying a bag of red playground balls to hurl at people 🤣

Hope your shoulder doesn't give you grief for long!

I did 2 HOURS of leaf raking, while wearing Honey Taffy Smut, which is absolutely lovely.  I kept getting little golden whiffs of it.  So far, it's my favorite of the smuts I've smelled.  :yum:   Also... I'm not done raking yet.  😭

@Amazonia, donuts dipped in snake oil sounds pretty adventurous to me!  And glad your package arrived!  :D   Currently, Houston covid cases are supposed to be on the rise, so I'm mostly gonna duck and cover for the holidays.  If you open a can of whoop ass on some anti-maskers, remember to log your time doing it and let us know.  😜 

@Lucchesa, Sorry to hear about your shoulder.  Morning walks by the lake sounds like a grand 30 day challenge!  

On 12/20/2020 at 4:39 PM, Kelthara said:

Oh my gods Vetch you are too sweet for checking in on me, and meanwhile I just entirely dropped off the face of the earth!! I've been doing good just very, very busy, and needed some time away from screens in my down time. 😊I've been getting back into yoga last week, yay me! Although today was a gross rainy Sunday kinda day haha. Hoping to start strong again tomorrow though! I'll keep y'all in mind to motivate myself.

It finally got cold enough here to break out some cozy scents and/or some sweet favorites that I don't really like wearing in warmer weather, so I wore V'al HaNissim out on a walk the other day and it was perfect! Glad to be back, hugs all around :grouphug:

Right back at ya.  :hug:  Glad you're doing well, and don't worry, your not the only one to do a disappearing act.  :umm:...

😜 It's nice to hear from you again, though.

Edited by VetchVesper

Y'all are amazing, thank you for the love. 😭💖 I did a 40-minute yoga session on Monday, picked one that sounded a bit more challenging so I'm quite pleased with that! I think I'm gonna carry on with this trend, and pulled up Adriene's Yoga for Weight Loss playlist to explore. I wore Life the Sculptor, Moulds Unceasingly, and it was a great match for yoga. I'd say mainly because of the sandalwood, soI think I'm gonna try a different sandalwood scent today, maybe Anne Bonny? I'll report back! Yesterday, I accidentally skipped because I spent way too long on the phone with a friend and the day had gotten away from me by the time I hung up, oops. But today I yoga for sure!

@Madame Mew haha fomo is such a problem with BPAL!! I hope you enjoy V'al HaNissim, should be a no brainer if you like beeswax. 😊

@VetchVesper props on the two hours of raking, wow! Sending you strength for the rest of it. Good ol' raking sounds good to me, I have neighbors that are obsessed with leaf blowers and...why?? No offense if any of you use one, it's just. I don't understand. It's one of those weird American things to me. 😂

And props to everyone else still going strong!! 💙

@VetchVesper Two hours of raking is exactly the workout I need to do!  And pruning, I need to do a lot of pruning.  

@Kelthara Life the Sculptor sounds perfect for yoga.  I just walked today, to the independent bookstore to get some last-minute presents.  I wore a couple of decants I found that I'd gotten in a swap and forgotten to test.  Weenies of last year.  And then after dinner I walked a few blocks to get up to 10,000 steps.  Love to everyone -- working out is always good for me for dealing with holiday stress.

Edited by Lucchesa

@Lucchesa it was a perfect fit! And Anne Bonny worked pretty well too, as I found out yesterday.

I think today might be a no exercise day, some emotional stuff going on and I just want to snuggle up and watch a comforting movie. I'm okay, just need a rest and some processing time. I hope everyone is doing well! 💜

Whew!  Got the rest of those leaves raked yesterday while wearing Sinister Groundskeeper.  It's a nice, earthy blend with a bit of pine.  I like it, but I don't love it.  It was a good leaf raking scent though! The leaves took an hour or so.  Then we had a wind storm last night!  😅  That's ok.  I'm just glad my grass can get a little light, and today's weather is beautiful.  Hoping to get a walk in.  

@Kelthara  I actually enjoy raking leaves when the weather is nice, and I have someone to help, and leaf blowers are so noisy.  I do kinda wish I had one to get the leaves out of my bushes though.  I have a bunch of big holly bushes, and the dead leaves really get stuck in there.  Speaking of which,  @Lucchesa, when IS the best time to prune?  I need to prune my holly bushes (all my bushes actually) but I don't want to just hack at them.  I've heard around Valentine's Day is good, but by then, it's usually getting pretty warm here.   

I'm going to have to check out Adrienne's weight loss stuff.  I haven't been doing and yoga this last month, and sure enough, my neck and back have started hurting again.  Back to it, then! 

P.S.  I've got a Yule decant circle up, if anyone's interested. ❄️☃️❄️ 

Edited by VetchVesper

Hi errybody!   Yuletide greetings!

The last few days I've been busy with the house and gift wrapping, but I managed to set aside time for 4.5 miles on the treadmill today, while wearing All. The. Scents.  ALL OF THEM.  I finally got a chance to start digging into my Weenie decants...you're awesome, Vetch!...and my Lab order came yesterday, so I was giddily testing this morning.

Let's see...I started off with Doleful Pipe Organ on my left wrist (too sharp, I wanted a more dark, deep and brooding vibe), and Pecan Pie Oud in the left elbow crook (YUM. Spicy with a huge throw); on the right wrist/neck was Bleeding Walls (OOF! Getting a back-up), and right elbow was Pumpkin Doob (evergreen tree full of pumpkin guts, not skunky sticky buds like I expected, but then it turns into something really amazing after drydown...and completely disappears shortly thereafter 😞). 

So, yeah.  I smelled like a little of everything today.  Bleeding Walls was the clear winner, and I reapplied it after bathing.  Many hours later, I am still sniffing myself and scheming up possible layering combos with which to create a reasonable facsimile of Gothabilly 💜

I hope all of you have a lovely holiday!

BTW @VetchVesper...the Mayan Chocolate/Anaheim Peppers etc. frimp you sent is not something I would have ever thought I'd like, but...surprise!  It's really good!

@VetchVesper I don’t know anything about pruning! I just know I have a wisteria that has gotten way out of control, is snaking  up my cypresses, in and out of my fence, and around the top of the chimney, and while I did actually spend an hour today hacking away at it, I realize I need a professional to get up on the roof and do it properly. My step counter has gone off the rails again because it’s giving me 16,000 steps, and while I did walk about 4.5 miles today, first to one store then to another, plus the pruning, there’s no way I got that many steps in, and the last thousand or so came while watching Die Hard. Anyway, Sinister  Groundskeeper sounds like a perfect fit.

@Amazonia I too got my Weenies yesterday, but I only tested one: Dead Leaves and Black Licorice. It’s practically perfect except that it has no throw on me.

@Kelthara Rest days are part of the process. I hope you had a rejuvenating one. 

Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it!!!

Hello, dear witchy ones! Today I tested Dead Leaves, Bourbon and Bitter Almond and walked around Green Lake. I also, earlier, walked to a friend’s house for egg nog. I ate too much junk today and am headachy. 

Yesterday I tested Endless Corridors (LOVE!) and walked to the park to play ping pong for an hour with a friend.  Today I just got in a short walk before it rained and short yoga session before bed.  I wore Western Bonneted Bat this morning and tested Unsettling Portraits (interesting) this evening.  

Witchies, I wanted to drop by and let y'all know that I've had the granddaughter since Sunday, hence my scarcity around these parts.  Since this might turn into a fairly permanent thing, I shall refer to her by her nickname, which is Neko.

I may have a solution, though.  Neko loves to dance, and is always excited to move her little body.  For example, we did 30 minutes of Misty Tripoli Body Groove on Monday.  I used the opportunity to teach her "Jazz Hands" 😂  I'm pretty sure I was wearing DL Blackberry Red Patch (thanks Vetch!!!) that day.  Dead Leaves blends aren't my favourites, but the drydown phase of DL, B, RP is exquisite 💜

Also...why did my autocorrect change 'favorites' to the British spelling there???  Just caught that.

Last Friday and Saturday I did Bowflex sessions.  I would be hard-pressed to tell you what I was wearing both days, but for sure it was Pumpkin Doob on one of them.  And again, my skin sucked it up like Snoop Dogg chiefin' down a blunt.  Perplexing.  

Anyway, Neko and I made a commitment to work out today, so I'm hoping she doesn't get bored too quickly and i can get in at least an hour of something strenuous.  There are lots of carby foods associated with 4 yr old children, and I can already feel myself getting squishy.  Damn the menopause!!!

Miss you all! 

TTYL 😙

Hiya my dearest witches!

I've also been scarce around here, it's been a weird week for exercise, I was all in a funk but I feel good today and I think I can get back on that horse. I'm gonna give myself a few more days and then follow along with Adriene's new challenge in the new year (usually starts on January 2nd if anyone's interested!). I did go on a nice evening walk for about an hour last night though (wanted to look at that lovely full moon) which was really nice. I didn't wear anything special because it was a spur of the moment thing and I kinda forgot about perfume! I know, the horror! How could one forget about perfume?!

I'm excited to hear you love Endless Corridors @Lucchesa! I decided to part with V'al HaNissim after all (it's gorgeous but too rich for me) and I think Endless Corridors might be a beeswax I enjoy more. I'll report back when my decant gets to me!

@Amazonia I love the idea of you and Neko dancing together! I have dance parties with myself almost every day (seriously, it's so good for mental health! so much fun and gets you out of your head and inside the body, if that makes sense)  which... I guess counts as exercise? 😉

2 hours ago, Amazonia said:

And again, my skin sucked it up like Snoop Dogg chiefin' down a blunt.  Perplexing.  

I'm dying. 😂😂 I also can't wait to get my Pumpkin Doob decant!!

@Kelthara Yes, dance parties with your self definitely count as exercise!

@Amazonia I'm sorry Neko's parents aren't able to care for her right now.  She is so lucky she has you as backup.  And you're being super creative in the fitness with little ones department!

I just walked today.  Not particularly far.  It's nasty out, wind and rain.  I was testing DL, Tunisian Amber & Smoked Balsam and Sinister Groundskeeper.  Sorry to be so uninspiring!  The idea of a yoga challenge sounds great. 

Today I wore Against Idleness and Mischief (GC Mad Tea Party honey & herb scent) and walked around Green Lake in the morning before the rain started.  About 3.5 miles.  Tonight I walked a few blocks just to get up to 10000 steps.  I did foul up my shoulder so I won't be doing any yoga challenges.  It's standing poses for me for the time being.  Happy New Year, witchy workout friends!!!

@Lucchesa I love AI&M!  I will have to dig out my imp and give it a wear soon.

Okay, I have been pretty damn lazy.  Wednesday I did T-25 Stretch (basically strength-based Yoga) and Rodney Yee Abs.  I was wearing OG Boomslang that day.  It has a little more oomph and staying power than my newer bottle, so that was good.  

I haven't done a thing since Wednesday.  I took Neko back to her mom for the weekend on Thursday, then hubby and I went out to the ManCave to spend some time together that evening, playing dice and having a few beers to ring in the New Year.  I was wearing PSIYSO (which is one of his favorites) layered with Pecan Pie Oud.  Yummy! 

I have to go pick Neko up again tomorrow, and lay out some ground rules with her mom.  I am more than happy to step in and provide the care my granddaughter needs, but driving 70 miles round-trip twice per week, providing all the groceries and suitable clothing (her mom sends a duffle bag full of pajamas, a few random shirts and pants that are 2-3 sizes too small, and NO UNDERWEAR OR SOCKS!!!) is going to get expensive.  I also had to buy her a new coat and shoes last week.  I don't understand how a parent can be so oblivious to the fact that their child is SUPER TALL for her age (takes after her Gammaw!), and has outgrown her entire wardrobe.  I really wish she'd just give me guardianship or residential custody until my son has his shit together.  

Okay...I gotta go get my ass on the treadmill and do some Bowflex!  I am wearing Kabe Ni Mimi today.  I have a bottle, but was recently frimped a decant... @VetchVesper was that you?...and the decant has a ton more vanilla than my bottle.  Now I understand why so many reviewers raved about the vanilla!

Thank you for your encouraging words and sentiments, Witchies.  I need 'em!  And sorry I veer so off-topic.  Lots on my mind and I gotta vent, but still don't know how to put in spoilers 😐

Okay so...yesterday I did battle with the treadmill for (allegedly, probably more than) 4.5 miles.  The belt speed randomly fluctuates from 4.0 (where I set it) to 4.3 - 4.7 mph every few minutes, but the 15 minute mile pace reading doesn't adjust to the increased speed, so a new machine may be necessary come tax time.  Also did about an hour of Bowflex, weights, and various ab work.  Kabe stuck around for the duration.  I tend to turn it dank and musky, even with my more vanilla-forward decant.  Not sure which note I amp that causes it.

I'm off to go pick Neko up shortly, so it may be a few days before I stop in again.

Happy day three of 2021, everybody!

So yesterday, I crept from my cave and did a 30 minute walk as part of my New Year's resolution to getting back in shape.  The weather is being co-operative.  It's chilly, but clear and sunny. 

Thanks for the tip on the Adrienne challenge, @Kelthara.  That might be just what I need.  I'll check it out!

@Amazonia I'm glad DL and Blackberries found a loving home!  It smelled so yummy in the bottle, but just went sharp on me.  I'm not sure if I frimped you Kabe Ni Mimi or not.  If I did, it probably would have one of my decant circle labels on it.  I do love that one though.  Also, I'm guessing you are already aware, but just in case, Neko means "cat" in Japanese.  Very cute nickname.  😸

@VetchVesper funny you should mention that...Neko is a shortened version of her her full first name, which is (you guessed it!) the Japanese word for "kitten" 😉

@Amazonia No spoilers needed. You rant all you want. No underwear — that’s just profoundly sad. Again, that child is so lucky to have you as a grandmother. 

Welcome back, @VetchVesper! I’m glad the weather is cooperating for you. Here not so much. It poured all day yesterday, just relentless. Today the Sun came out briefly so I headed out for a long walk, about five miles, wearing Creaking Floorboards, which is nothing special on me. It’s pouring again and supposed to continue tomorrow.

@Lucchesa I'm so sorry to hear about your shoulder! I hope it gets better soon.

@VetchVesper the new challenge is fun! I did the first couple of days and really enjoyed them, will do Day 3 in an hour or two. I wore Druid yesterday (I wanted to feel comfy and Druid is one of my most loved scents, maybe even the very best one 💚). The day before... I'm pretty sure I wore Diana? In any case, I retested it recently and it's really lovely. It reminds me quite a bit of Auriga, which I love but is LE, so it's nice to know there's something in the catalogue that could be a good replacement if I ever need one.

@Amazonia, I'll reiterate what I've already said and what others have said, your granddaughter is so very lucky to have you! 💜 Also mad props for keeping up with your workouts despite this stressful situation. 

Hi Witchy friends!

I have been absent AF! Been working out, been wearing all the new Weenies and older Yules, but just had to unplug from the computer upstairs. It's too "work vibes" and I wanted to cherish my not having to commute up my stairs. I am not good at texting on my phone, so I just have been a lazy person about this portion. Much love, happy holidays and happy fricken' new year to you all! ❤️

Most of my workouts have been yoga or snow hikes somewhere around Mt. Hood with my husband. It's been nice, but I feel like I need something to switch it up here soon. Maybe I'll try some barre classes or something. Been living in Endless Corridors (cannot wait to try V'al Hanissim) and blending Flickering Lights with allll the things. Got that idea from Natalie Green on FB who I love and her recommendations for layering are usually fun and nothing I would think of. Also, Yule-wise, wearing Frostbitten Snake Oil, Dorian, and blending all those with Flickering lights. Fun stuff! 

@Amazonia you are a badass, and you have the biggest heart. Sending you and your fam all the love. PS. put Kabe in my mask yesterday, and did a PO run and forgot and it was just glorious. 

Hope all you other witches are doing well, and @Lucchesa that your shoulder is feeling better!

Hi, all!  My shoulder is not feeling better, but I have been trying to grab walks when it is not pouring down rain.  Today I wore Giant Vulva (I was doing a lecture on medieval marginalia and figured the artists would appreciate the sentiment even if they didn't recognize the culture) and walked to the pharmacy, then a little bit farther to try to get up to 10,000 steps but since I spent so much of the day at my desk, I'm still 1000 shy.  I may go for a half-mile walk to correct that. 

@Lucchesa sorry to hear your shoulder is still pissed! Just ordered a bottle of GV and my long sought after Lithograph of a Mountain Goat from a forumite yesterday. I’m looking forward to trying GV, especially. Good job with the steps!

WOSOTD: TAL Honey Rose v45. I love this one! It lasted for so long. It’s comforting, slightly sweet, perfect rose. I did some yoga with Adrien on YouTube. I needed to take a step back and really stretch and do some good old fashion yoga. The slow burn is real. It was day one of her 30 day thing. A few days late but I’m here for it.