Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VetchVesper

Smells to Work Out To - 30 Day Challenge

16 hours ago, Lucchesa said:

OK, if you have oodles of money, ignore me, but does that describe any of us at this point?  

No...no it does not 😂 

And the fact that l didn't grab it immediately means that you are correct, I have reservations.  I don't need it, and I know I don't.  

Good afternoon, witchy workout friends! Hope you all had a good holiday with those in your bubble! ❤️

@Lucchesa Love Fake News, the scent only. LOL. You have a good point, and you're not boring. Even though that was not exactly directed to me, you are wise and I am taking heed. GOOD JOB on the steps and pong!

@Amazonia I'm sure your cooking was amazing!

@VetchVesper great job getting in a workout on Thanksgiving! Hope it was a lovely day!

Cannot believe it, I haven't worked out since Monday... almost a whole week! I was busy with work, actually the most busy I have ever been. My whole team was off for the holiday using up the PTO that isn't rolling over, and I was holding down the fort. Lo and behold, we got more order volume than we ever have in my 3 years of this job. I busted out 12 hour days for 3 days, and never took my PTO for Wednesday that was scheduled, because I just could not. I get to take another day off, plus was given a free day of PTO off by my boss for stepping up and handling alllll the shit. Otherwise, I was busy stuffing my face and lazing about on the couch binging on Netflix. I have to say, I am pretty sure it was much needed. 

WOSOTD: Love's Philosophy '16. I love this one. I put it on at 9 ish, started the 60 min workout at 10 and it was going strong the whole time. It's so pretty. It's much sweeter than my general daily wears, but since the pandemic started  I think my scent preferences have generally widened. So much beautiful, creamy vanilla. YUMMM. 

Happy to get back into my routine!

ETA: went for a walk with my husband and dogs on the waterfront. It’s a sunny, crisp day. We did about 2.5 miles over a few of the Portland bridges. I love where I live!

Edited by Madame Mew

On 11/27/2020 at 12:58 AM, Lucchesa said:

I was only baking for myself and my kids, so I only made one pie.  Pumpkin with a cocoa crust.  The crust was good and easy, made in the food processor.  I'm sure the filling would have been good too if I hadn't forgotten to put the sugar in.  It wasn't terrible; we put powdered sugar on top. 

Lol.  A very healthy pumpkin pie!  The cocoa crust sounds like a good idea though.  I'll have to try that some time.  I'm a fan of any excuse to add chocolate.  

I wore Indulgence today, b/c I needed some.  ;)  Today was crisp and clear in Houston as well, and I did some drawing in the sunshine outside.  I kept getting wafts of incense and thinking my neighbors were burning it (their a bit hippieish) then I realized it was me.   :D   I did 45 mins of yoga today, and it was nice to get in some good stretching and do some self checking.

@Madame Mew  Good on you for holding down the fort at work.  Hope you get some quality R&R for it.

Good job, @Madame Mew and @VetchVesper!!!  Today I wore The Contrast and took Abby for a walk she didn't want to go on.  About 30 minutes -- I put her in the car halfway through.  And yesterday I wore Sissy the Ascendant, which is like smoky rootbeer on me, and did about a 40 minute walk. The weather should be dry all week!

Hiya!  

Yesterday's WOSOTD was Oblivion.  I can't remember any specific impressions, other than it reminds me of Morocco (not a fan, sold my bottle recently), only better.  I did 45 minutes of Tae Bo cardio and 30 minutes butt/abs floor work.  

Today I am testing a mish-mash of scents from several houses.  The only thing I can positively identify is PSIYSO, coming from the hair tie at the end of my braid.  I swiped the bottle threads with the hair tie yesterday afternoon, before I secured my braid with it.  I am still in love with this sweeeeeet powdered-sugary Snake Oil.  I believe PSIYSO may very well be my favorite Snake variant, though my husband told me I smelled like root beer the last time I wore it 🤔😅  

Work out was some abs yoga, upper-body Bowflex'ing and weights, plus a few sets of squats and lunges.   Not trying to get the hair sweaty again 😉

Great job out there! It's a nice week here, rain on and off but was able to take the dogs on a walk after my 60 mins of yoga flow. It was nice to take it back a notch and focus on stretching and holding poses. 

WOSOTD: Waiting. OMFG this!  So, the Liliths were awesome, but somehow I have turned into a foodie and love Waiting. I got this for my friend, tried it on a few hours before lunch and it is so damn delicious. I am buying a full size and no one can stop me! Not even myself. LOL. 

Hi, everyone!  Yesterday I wore Dumb Cake and rode my bike to the U District to pick up a couple things I needed.  My fitness tracker clocked it as 2 17-minute bike rides.  There are hills in Seattle so I got plenty sweaty.  And @Madame Mew, I love your city too, and my son theoretically goes to college there (actually at the desk in his bedroom here), so when this is all over, I'm going to come take a long walk with you!

Today's WOSOTD:  Black Annis while I wait for Black Licorice Smut and DL & Black Licorice to materialize.  Abby and I met my aunt, uncle and mother-in-law at the arboretum and went for about a 2.75 mile walk.  The weather has been glorious.  Later in the day did another brisk mile to run an errand, and ended up with over 10,000 steps for the first time in a few days.  

Hi-dee-ho!  Been a bit lazy about logging my activity lately, sorry!

Wednesday's WOSsOTD were Australian Copperhead and Body Remember.  Witchies...this is one of my favorite combos.  Berries work really well on me, and always read very fresh and clean (as opposed to the requisite aquatics/greens...so yucky to me!) on my skin.  Something about the açai berry/coconut/snake oil combo is just magical after drydown.  It turns into a resinous spicy vanilla-berry that is just. So. GOOD.   Anyway, I did 68 minutes/4.5 miles on the treadmill that day, plus some weightlifting, and I smelled amazing for the duration.

Thursday was a rest/cleaning day.  I saw a damn mouse in my kitchen first thing in the morning, so I pulled everything out of the lower cabinets, moved the appliances, scrubbed and disinfected.  My cats are worthless chunky balls of fuk.

Today's WOSOTD was Antique Lace with a (SINGLE) drop of NAVA Vampire Bourbon Patchouli Bat.  The patch in VBPB is powerful, and one drop is all it took to dirty-up the innocence of the Lace.  Mmmm, verrrah niiiice.  Did an hour of Tae-Bo cardio, and my combo held up nicely throughout.  

@Lucchesa and @Madame Mew...I'm super jealous that the weather is still cooperating with outdoor activities in your neck o' the woods.  We had snow AGAIN on Wednesday night.  It was 17 degrees here on Monday morning, and below-freezing every night this week.  Uggghhh, I hate Winter 😠

Edited by Amazonia

@Lucchesa when this is over, I am so in for a long walk and chat about BPAL with you!!! Seattle is on my list to visit again. I have been once, and I loved Capitol Hill. Such great shops and eats. 

@Amazonia the rain has set in... but luckily we have very little snow throughout the year. Stay warm! ❤️ And yeahhhh that VBPB is so damn strong! I love it. Maybe your fat AF cats should get on that treadmill with ya! LOL!

I finally worked out again today. Yesterday (Saturday) I was a worthless bum, Friday I spent countless hours cleaning my house because it was sunny and I could see SO much gross shit and dust. BLECHH. I would say I had a workout that day. Anywho, WOSOTD -  Kabe Ni Mimi Ga Aru, Shoki Ni Me Ga Aru. Longest name ever. I love this one! Copal is only in two scents I have, and I love them both so I must love copal. Dry, sweet and fizzy? It reminds me of cola or something. Definitely a good one to work out with. Stayed on and amped nicely for my 60 minute yoga sculpt class. The instructor was Leslie again, and she is such a badass. Does all the moved with you the whole time and she is so engaging. It seemed to fly by. 

Hope you all are having a nice weekend!

Edited by Madame Mew

WOSOTD: You Are not Alone. Beautiful scent I planned to wear while lounging or winding down for bed. I suppose I got overwhelmed this morning and couldn’t decide so I grabbed the first imp I saw on my desk. This is not a scent to work it in but I wasn’t sure that I’d make it to a workout so whatever. Ended up doing an hour of yoga sculpt during my lunch break, so I feel good about carving out that time for myself!

Hi Witchies!  Is it Wednesday already?  Sheesh 😞

On Friday, I found out that my ex-MIL died of Covid on 11-28.  The immediate family didn't bother to inform my kids that their grandmother had died until nearly a week later.  I imagine it's pretty embarrassing for Covid deniers to admit that their parents have been killed by a "hoax".  Anyway...no substantial physical activity to report over the weekend.

Monday was treadmill day, and I stepped up the pace a bit as I was short on time.  63 minutes, 4.5 miles.  Wore Blueberry Suf and Snake Oil.  So, so good!  I think these SO/Suf combos eliminate the need to hunt (in vain) for a bottle of Snake Oil Jelly  Doughnut.  We had four friends over for my birthday that evening for a mini ping-pong tourney.  Socially distanced ourselves between matches by arranging our chairs in a large circle.  I forced hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes on everyone.  

Yesterday was an upper body weightlifting day, as my knee was kind of twingey and I didn't want to aggravate it.  Tore my MCL about 15 years ago and never got it fixed because...no insurance.  Every once in a while, I'll accidentally tweak it and be hobbled for a few days.  Wore Western Diamondback.  Powdery and soft.  Wished for more throw, but it will be nice for layering.  

Today I tried layering Western Diamondback and Boomslang.   It was nice while it lasted.  I cannot get (new version) Boomslang to stick around at all.  Waiting on an OG bottle from a swap, hopefully it's stronger!  I did 30 minutes of yoga with Wendy on Sculpt Yoga's YouTube channel, and 15 minutes of Hip Hop dance on...PopSugar?  Can't remember the name of the channel, something-Sugar, anyway.  My smellies had mostly disappeared by then, so I reapplied a random Chaos Snake.  I think it's rose.  I did 20 minutes of Tae Bo cardio, and 30 minutes of butt/abs floor work.  The Chaos Snake is GORGEOUS after an hour.  I normally hate rose, but it's really beautiful now.  I am huffing myself as I tap this out, and loving it!

@Madame Mew trust that I have thought about devising a harness and strapping my fat cats onto the treadmill.  I saw a giant hamster wheel contraption for overweight kitties, but... A) Not trying to spend 400.00 on it, and B) The Lazy Chunks would laugh amongst themselves and continue being fat balls of cat.  However...today Pumpkinhead busted through the french doors into my plant/treadmill room, and I found him curled up on the walking belt, so mayyyybe there's hope for him?

Anyway, sorry for the novella!  Talk to y'all later!

Popping in to log yesterday's activity...

4.5 miles on the treadmill, wearing Yipe and Temple Viper.  Couldn't smell either of them 😕

ETA: No, I don't have Covid.  My olfactory abilities are intact.

Edited by Amazonia

Witchy workout friends, hello!!!  I'm sorry I haven't been checking in.  I've been exercising pretty regularly, and wearing perfume pretty regularly.  But today I forgot to put any perfume on before heading out to play pingpong for an hour with a friend.  In the brilliant December sunshine.  In Seattle, where the sun never shines in December.  Win!  Now I'm testing Leather, Indigo Incense & Red Amber and Dark Chocolate with Sun-dried Tomato, Pink Peppercorn, Thyme & Comfrey. I hope you're all doing well -- @VetchVesper, maybe a 20 minute walk would be a good break from decanting? 

I've had a few workouts over the past few weeks but didn't check in! despite that, I appreciate all of you. @Madame Mew for the kind words the last time I posted and giving me hope that this lingering injury can be addressed, @Amazonia for checking in on how things are, @VetchVesper for starting this thread and encouraging everyone, and all of the rest of you, working out and enjoying BPAL! Yesterday I did a 3 mile run for the first time in two weeks and it felt good to get out there, and my BPAL of choice was Destructive Vagina of the Fox Spirit, which I am obsessed with since obtaining one from my BPAL fairy godmother. It isn't really a coffee scent other than at the start but more of a resiny oudh scent. Nag Champa is often too sharp for me but here the scent is so smooth and so beautiful. The oudh reminds me of Unicorn and Ram, which I adore, but with more oomph, more sharpness, but not in a bad way. What can I say, it's intoxicating. 

@Seajewel Welcome back! I’m so glad you were able to run yesterday! I don’t know that scent and would probably avoid it because champaca is one of my death notes, but the name is awesome.

This morning I gave a talk on the National Gallery in London. I wore Aziraphale because it seemed like someplace he would enjoy hanging out, and I was showing several slides of angels. Later I got in a quick rain-free walk to the library to return my books, about 25 minutes. 

Edited by Lucchesa

@Seajewel Hi again! Glad to see you're back in action!

Hello to everyone else! It's been a week since I've checked in, and that sure flew by. I know I wore Poinsettia Gown, Cotton Phoenix, Bow and Crown of Conquest, and Black Baccara's Silent night over the last few days. Yesterday, I went on a snowy hike to Trillium Lake (Mt. Hood area) and have done a 60 minute yoga sculpt every other day. Today was a 30 minute class. The food I ate yesterday and the gloomy weather definitely slowed me down today! 

Hi, lovelies! Since I wore Aziraphale yesterday, today I wore Crowley. I did about a 40-minute walk to the drugstore to pick up some photos I’d ordered. I got sweaty, which is kind of my goal. Crowley is still faintly hanging on, many hours later. My perfume was definitely the sexiest part of my day.

Today I gave a talk on Wayne Thiebaud, famous for painting pies and cakes and candy, so I wore Popcorn Ball Snake Oil.  It rained all day, so I wanted to do some kind of indoor workout, but I'm tired of YouTube interrupting with ads.  I realized my library has workout videos available to stream -- but they're oddball.  There were old Jane Fonda ones, a bunch of 20-minute ones (that I could in the future combine, like lower and upper body), some short paleo ones, a ton of Denise Austin.  I ended up doing 35 minutes of a Denise Austin video that had to be from the 90s.  PBSO held up beautifully, but the workout was definitely dated.  I went back in and bookmarked some that look more interesting -- a few from Gaiam, a Bollywood dance workout...

Hi all.  Apologies... I've been scarce with the check-ins.  Glad to see ya, @Seajewel

I have been active every day this week except for Tuesday, when I moved furniture and steam-cleaned the living room carpet.  I suppose that counts for something, since the couch and loveseat are heavy-ass dual recliners.  I think I was wearing the cinnamon-y KSSO Cream Soda and Cotton Phoenix that day. 

Sunday was 4.5 miles on the treadmill.  Cannot for the life of me remember what my scent was.  

Monday was Bowflex and weights, wearing Pink Lovebird + Snakes in the Pumpkin Patch combo.  Frickin' yum.

Wednesday was my 75 minute Tae Bo routine.  WOSOTD was a random imp pull of The Apothecary.  I kinda dig that one.  Idk what's in it, but the late drydown was really nice.  Maybe I should look up the notes, LOL!

Today was a 20 minute Figure 8 workout, plus Tae Bo butt and abs floor work, extra squats, and some bicep/shoulder dumbbell work.  WOSOTD was Tombeur, layered over a dab (cuz a little dab'll do ya!) of NAVA Bourbon Vanilla Nag Champa Seahorse.  Holy moly, Witchies.  That was some good gooood shtuff!  I may have found another layering combo to add to my rotation.

I'll try to be more consistent with logging my daily activity!

Ok folks.  I actually got a 20 minute walk in yesterday.  I was testing out the new Apple Spice Hard Candy, and it's a fun, cool, fizzy apple that was lovely for the clear, cool day.  It lasted for my walk, but not for long afterward. 

@Seajewel  Nice to see you back, and glad to hear you're injury is doing better and you've been able to work out.  :D  It's wonderful to see the thread is still helping y'all, even when I've been neglectful.  😅  

I'd love to see more/new folks try it out, but it's been lovely to see @Lucchesa, @Madame Mew, and @Amazonia keeping up with it and doing so well.  Thank you ladies.  You are inspiring and fantabulous!  

Today I'm wearing Two Frames for the first time - which is delectably yummy.  I have a bunch of leaves to rake later today, so we'll see if it lasts till then.

On 10/27/2020 at 12:40 AM, VetchVesper said:

@Kelthara Hope you are doing well.  :)  Looking forward to you rejoining us when you feel up to it.

Oh my gods Vetch you are too sweet for checking in on me, and meanwhile I just entirely dropped off the face of the earth!! I've been doing good just very, very busy, and needed some time away from screens in my down time. 😊I've been getting back into yoga last week, yay me! Although today was a gross rainy Sunday kinda day haha. Hoping to start strong again tomorrow though! I'll keep y'all in mind to motivate myself.

It finally got cold enough here to break out some cozy scents and/or some sweet favorites that I don't really like wearing in warmer weather, so I wore V'al HaNissim out on a walk the other day and it was perfect! Glad to be back, hugs all around :grouphug:

Hello and happy almost Yule to all of my Witchy Workout fam!

WOSOTD: Dragon’s Milk HG and Blood Pearl. I ended up going on a walk/hike with my husband and pups at Mt. Tabor. It was raining the whole 3 ish miles, right until we reached the car. We are awaiting our new dog coats so I made an impromptu set of doggy rain panchos out of plastic produce bags that I KNEW I kept for something! Lol. 

Today was a very full day. Along with stalking the Yule update and cleaning, I am making cinnamon rolls from scratch for the first time. Waiting for dough to rise is a bitch. 

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

@Kelthara I just ordered a bottle of V'al Hanissim from the brand new update since I am still kicking myself for not buying one this year.  Yules seemed like they would be up forever, but it sold out.  Welcome back!

I've had a couple of useless days -- I had racked up 100 straight days of meditation on Insight Timer and I broke my streak, and didn't exercise either.  Today I did a one-hour hatha yoga class online through my local studio.  It was a pre-recorded one available for subscribers.  My back is hurting because I've been sitting ALL THE TIME -- I really need to yoga more regularly.  I wore the TAL Joy and I highly recommend it!

@Madame Mew Rain here today too, hence the yoga!  Awesome ingenuity!  How did the cinnamon rolls turn out? 

@Amazonia You are kicking ass as usual!  @VetchVesper So glad our fearless leader is back!!!

@Lucchesa stillll rainin'! The cinnamon rolls were a success! I made a few yesterday as a trial run, and refrigerated the bulk of the rolls to do a second and longer proof prior to baking. They rose even more so I think extra successful? LOL. Very excited to pass these out to friend's porches. Best way to ding dong ditch!

@Kelthara I had fomo and also ordered V'al Hanissim in a blind bottle frenzy late night lab purchase for the Yule release... Thanks to you and Lucchesa's enthusiasm!

WOSOTD: Cotton Phoenix with the Brown Sugar, Fig and Oakbark trio. YUM! I did 30 minutes of yoga sculpt and today's workout was much better than the last few. 

@Madame Mew Yep, it POURED all day today and even snowed some. Supposed to be sun tomorrow. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Today I wore Velvet and did a 30-minutes Gaiam exercise ball video from the library streaming site. Definitely better than Denise Austin though it was new to me and I had trouble figuring out what they were doing a couple times. I’ll be sore tomorrow. Happy Solstice, everyone!!!