Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VetchVesper

Smells to Work Out To - 30 Day Challenge

WOSOTD yesterday was 2007 Death Adder.  I got the doggo mile in late yesterday afternoon, but it was mostly a rest day for me, as I took hubby to the ER.  I could not watch him struggle to take a full breath any longer, and it was freaking me out.  I thought he had pneumonia again, and it was frightening, considering the circumstances. 

He has a bad case of laryngitis, but all other tests came back normal...lungs clear, no para-influenza, and no covid antibodies.  The eventual "diagnosis" was anxiety and hyperventilation.  Umm, NO.  We both have anxiety and know what an anxiety attack feels like, and he WAS NOT hyperventilating.  I detest doctors around here.  

I kid you not, the ER doc was more focused on my perfume than anything else.  Apparently I am becoming nose-blind, because he could smell my Death Adder through his mask, and made it a point to compliment me every time he came into the exam room.  Every. Single. Time.  It eventually became uncomfortable and awkward.  After the fifth mention of how good I smelled, Hubby was justifiably annoyed, and in his extremely raspy voice, he told the doc to stop flirting with me, or he was going to knock him tf out.  

When we got home, hubby asked "Are you wearing your Snake Oil today?  Is that made the doctor lose his damn mind?"  😂  

What a day.  

@Amazonia I'm so sorry to hear you had to go to the ER!  Glad it's not Covid, but I hope you get a better idea of what's going on with your husband and he starts to feel better. :(

Grand plans for gardening today, and working out too. Mustering myself for the effort. My Frosted Pumpkin Spice Cookie was still stinking good this morning, but I added some of Sixteen92's Mercy Lewis to the mix, and I'm enjoying the blend. Not sure what it will do with sun and sweat, but we'll see. 

Hi hi exercise team!

I've been a bit behind in my posts. I am totally neglecting my homework to write this rn lolz. 

This morning I wore Western Pygmy Blue, which was a unique ashy tobacco coconut soft experience and did some morning yoga. Pleasant but also kinda yucky, I liked the initial application, an unfolding blueberry blue dusty vetiver tobac, but am having car air freshener and Grandpa's ashtray memories on the drydown. I am feeling ambivalent about riding my bike to my studio across town as my bike posture bums me out and makes my back tired, however it is a beautiful day and freeee, and I will get to visit my cat buddy, and human buddies, if I get over there. I'm in love with those stupid lime scooters though and might potato out and scoot over.

Hmmm, my tracker tells me that my last substantive walk was 2 miles on Sunday, and I did yoga and kettlebell on Monday testing Alice's Evidence. The cinnamon was really uplifting and cheerful.

@Amazonia your needy hubs needs to get in on that exercise game. Fitness couple!!! I used to have back pain, and really involved yoga, dance, walking was the only thing that would relieve it. I hope you feel better!

Xoxo!

Edited by Supertrooper Omni
Typos

Thank you, my wonderful workout buddies!  He is much better today, and I really feel dumb for overreacting and forcing him to the ER, but better safe than sorry 🤷‍♀️  I think part of it is that he didn't fully grow out of his childhood asthma, as a common cold hits him much harder than it does most people.  I do try to encourage him to take walks with me, but he prefers a casual strolling pace, and says I go too fast for him 😂

Today's WOSOTD was Pumpkin Spice Snake Oil.  Mmmm, such a yummy Autumn scent, even though it's back up to 95 degrees today.  Indian Summer, for sure.  I was finally able to take Chico for his mile around the neighborhood, and then get in another 4.5 miles on my own after that.  It is HOT outside, and PSSO had some mega throw!   I really enjoyed being able to distinctly smell my perfume today, so I may stick with the strong spicy scents for a while to let my nose reset.

@Amazonia be sure to check behind you for creepy doctor.... LOL Seriously though, glad the husband is ok. Good job getting outside in that heat! I would wilt. 

WOSOTD: Fake News. I have never hated another human being in my life as much as the orange clown. I am actually having trouble grabbing it because I get so angry BUT I am using that as workout fuel. Beautiful blend, starring patchouli! I really love patchouli, especially while working out. I've noticed the trend already. I used to wear Revenant Rhythm for yoga and I miss it, but now I can add this to the mix and preserve the precious that is RR. 

30 minutes of yoga - C2 (intermediate vinyasa flow in CorePower Yoga code) and I was kinda struggling with the damn hamstring again. I think I'll do some jump rope after work today. :) 

Maybe tomorrow I will do something with Pumpkin!? 

Love to all of you, and sorry for being MIA -- I was in California visiting family.  And kind of a tough trip.  Yesterday I got up early to walk my sister to work since I was leaving a couple hours later, so I got a nice AM walk in but forgot to wear any perfume (too early for my brain to be online).  I put on Alice afterwards because my mom likes it and I knew the comfort would be good in the airport and airplane.  

Today's WOSOTD was October!  Perfect for this morning, nice crisp early autumn day.  I had to go to the hardware store, which google said was a 29 minute walk each way, and I had exactly an hour to do it, but it ended up only taking 40 minutes, even with time finding and buying the item I needed.  My fitbit has gone off the rails.  It gave me a bunch of steps for washing my hands.  I'm really annoyed at this.  

I need to break out some Death Adder!

@Lucchesa yay, glad you're back!  Careful with that Death Adder.  It makes people react some kinda way  :umm::lol:

@Madame Mew I have been boxing a lot, so creepy doc would be asking for a black eye LOL!

BTW...Hubby says he likes my new BPAL friends way more than he likes my IRL friends.

WOSOTD was a combo of Shub-N. and Chimera, over Snake Oil Bath Oil.  Oh, and Pumpkin Spice Dragon's Milk HG.  I went all out spicy, y'all.   Ohhh, so good!   

Walked for a combined total of 6.5 miles today, one with Chico, and another 5.5 after.  The weather is gorgeous, so I just kept going.  I am sore as a mofo now, and really looking forward to some gentle yoga this evening!

On 10/5/2020 at 5:41 PM, Madame Mew said:

@Kelthara Happy to share! ❤️ I found the post in the BPAL Parlour on FB: 

1. Pull three cards

2. The center card describes the main theme/notes/elements to your scent

3. The cards on either side of the center give additional details, nuances and descriptors to the scent the cards are guiding you to

Ooh I love that, thank you for tracking down the post!  💜

Hahaha @Amazonia you are welcome to stop by our shrine any time!! 😂😂 Taika and Jeff are the best, and especially when they're together. I don't know if any of you have ever seen joint interviews with the both of them, but it makes me cry-laugh every time and I mean, who doesn't love a good laugh?

Monday through Wednesday is a reeaaal busy time for me, with Tuesday and Wednesday being the worst, but I have been keeping up, albeit not perfectly. On Monday, I did a 20 minute yoga session with Adriene, during which I was wearing four different Lilith scents because my order had come in earlier that day haha. I sadly missed Tuesday because I was overwhelmed, but Wednesday had one of my classes unexpectedly cancelled, so snuck in a 40 minute yoga sesh! I wore The Bear Prince, which always gives me a 'fresh' feeling, and also is one of my favorites, so overall a solid choice. 😊

Haven't done yoga yet today, as I was out and about for most of the day, and I don't know if I have it in me to do it tonight. I did do quite a bit of walking, so it hasn't been an entirely potato-like day. We shall see if the energy comes to me, but it's already 7pm and I just wanna wind down and chill for the rest of the night. Today was my day off and tomorrow is back to work until next Thursday, so I just think I'll cut myself some slack and take the night off too.

I think I'm gonna have to make peace with the fact that I might not be able to work out on Tuesday or Wednesday (for the next few weeks anyway, my schedule will likely be different next semester), or both, and not beat myself up about it. It's really a time management/procrastination problem more than anything else, but scheduling time for exercise always feels very overwhelming on those days. I've been thinking about trying to do it first thing in the morning, but I find that pretty difficult. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I find it hard to focus on anything for longer than 15 minutes before I've had some food! One of my professors suggested I just have a spoon of almond butter first thing for a little energy and to trick my brain into thinking it's had some food already haha, so maybe I'll give that a go. Apparently that's what she does before yoga and it works great for her!

I freaking love Death Adder, so does the husband soooo you're onto something @Amazonia I would love to dole out a black eye to a creeper. I love that your husband likes your new friends! My husband calls ya'll (BPALers) my witchy friends. So cute IMO. 😹 Also, boxing sounds super fun. I will have to look into a bag for the garage. The garage now has a pullup bar, mat for jump rope, a weight bench and select tech weights, courtesy of the other half. I bet he'd be into it!

@Lucchesa I've never had a fitbit, but do you recommend them (even with yours being on the fritz)?

@Kelthara Don't stress yourself out... we know how life goes and support you!!! ❤️ Good job being a non-potato!

Today was a potato day for me. It seems that my rest day is trending on Thursday, not by choice but by my body's choice. The hamstring needs love and I just had no motivation and a super busy day at work. Tomorrow, we head to the OR coast for some mushroom foraging. Looking for chanterelles and lobster mushrooms. This will involve much hiking, but at a slow pace. Hoping for a good haul! 

Non WOSOTD was a layer of Banshee Beat with Strawberries, Red Musk and Bourbon Vanilla which was inspired by one of my faves on the FB BPAL pages. It was lovely. How could it not be, though?

In other exciting news, I have just received my Lilith shipping notification from the lab which will arrive on Tuesday. Huzzah!

6 minutes ago, Madame Mew said:

My husband calls ya'll (BPALers) my witchy friends

MINE TOO!  I am dying right now :rofl:

Thanks @Madame Mew 💜 And huzzah for the shipping notification! And, similarly, don't beat yourself up about today. It's just a hard year! My friends and I were discussing how we dress in this pandemic the other day, and they were basically like, oh yeah sweatpants all the way (we are all grad students so we work from home). And I was like, well, I personally like to get dressed so I can feel like a human doing a job and not a panicky potato. Long story short, we've christened this year the year of the panicky potato. 😂 Also this is not a judgement on the sweatpants-wearing folk by the way, whatever makes you happy, you know? And to be fair, I'm a flowy clothes kinda person, so I'm always comfy regardless haha.

Also, I failed to notice this earlier but yes, I can confirm that Death Adder makes people react some kinda way!! I loved the scent very much but my skin did not. Thankfully my little snek has found a new loving home with @Amazonia!!

ETA: I am 100% on board with being y'all's witchy friend 😂

Edited by Kelthara

Hi, witchy friends!!!  Today I put on In the Forest and took my dog for a hike at Carkeek Park. Less than an hour but it was a lovely day and wonderful to be out in the autumn woods. 

@Madame Mew, no, I don’t recommend Fitbit. My original and very expensive one was a gift from my best friend. I liked it a lot — it even counted heart rate and stairs. But it went blank shortly before the one year warranty expired, and they sent a replacement, which only lasted a couple months. I replaced that with the cheapest possible Fitbit just so I’d stay with the platform for my friend’s sake, and now I’m having the overcounting issue, which apparently is really common. My dad has had his Garmin fitness tracker for three or four years without problems. And if you have a phone with you all the time, most of them have pretty good step counters.

Hi hi my health goth sisters!

Tested Delight and Grief when I was doing my yoga with Adrienne this morning. Florals are not typically my thing, but these were very nice once everything got very warm, you know? I'm feeling way better today. Trying to motivate myself to do my homework currently. Planning a weekend hike, or ritual in nature after I finish all of these assignments. Rewards! Goals! Exciting lunches in the future?!

I felt pretty gross yesterday, so I skipped Thursday and was pretty grumpy. Such bummer energy. I ended up sleeping and vegging out. I hate playing detective, because I never solve my biological mysteries. Too many anxiety dreams? a cold, something I ate? Depression? Dehydration? Low vitamin? Ovulation? Inhaling too much smoke? Too much caffeine? No fever though, thankfully. Then like that, it disappears! @Madame Mew it must be the changing of the seasons. I hope you score big on your mushroom hunt.

Wednesday I had a 4.82 mile walk while wearing Voodoo with my buddy. Had also done my morning yoga. It was lovely! The weather's finally getting fall like. Leaves on the ground in the Bay area!

Also sweatpants and pajamas 24/7 are cool again, because billie eillish and internet girls wear them, 4 r3al. You just have to remember to wear a beanie and something neon colored. Really!

Ahoy witches! We're all doing so well! Go us.

Did a 30-minute session with Adriene today. I wore Berzerker because I am obsessed with it and have hardly worn anything else since I got my imp on Monday. I sense a bottle in my future! It is a pretty strong scent, but I didn't mind it as a workout buddy, perhaps because it was fairly faded by the time I got to the mat. By the way, I love that so many of us are yoga-ing with Adriene! I just love her. I know this is way in advance, but if anyone is down to do the new 30-day challenge in January, it could be fun to do it together.

4 hours ago, Supertrooper Omni said:

Planning a weekend hike, or ritual in nature after I finish all of these assignments. Rewards! Goals! Exciting lunches in the future?!

That sounds delightful, and I wish I could access natural spaces more easily! I don't drive so it makes it harder. I moved to the US last year and I discovered very early on that you're pretty much fucked without a car haha. I have since made lovely friends with cars but, sometimes you just gotta go and sit in the woods by yourself you know? But I hope you get to do all those things and that you're feeling better!

So glad to see folks popping back on here!  Yay for all of y'all!  Keep it up!  Keep it up!  :cheer:

Thursday, I gardened for an hour and a half and, after a nice, long shower, did a half hour of yoga while wearing Dragon Snack HG. I agree with @Madame Mewthat patchouli is lovely for yoga. :)

Friday has been a doozy of a day with little time for working out and lots of time for family emergency. 😕 Thoughts, prayers, and well wishes appreciated. I'll probably be out of commission a couple of days. 

Okay okay I give, I'll try a patchouli blend for yoga today! 😊

I'm really sorry to hear about all of this @VetchVesper, sending you and yours all the love and all the good vibes, I'll keep you in my thoughts, and take good care of yourself. 💛

Sorry for the double post, but quick daily update: did a 40 minute yoga session with Adriene today! Did not wear any scent, patchouli or otherwise, because I have been trying so many things lately that my skin has been a little upset with me. Didn't really get a reaction, but I feel like I'm about to, so I let my skin rest for the day (it's happened before so I know the signs now!). Will cautiously apply a couple of my Liliths after I shower, because I want to continue getting acquainted with these lovely scents. 

Hope you are all doing well! 💙

@VetchVesper All the love in your direction!!!  I'm sorry things are hard right now.

Hi, witchy workout friends!  Yesterday I wore In Templum Dei, one of the Only Lovers Left Alive scents that I find autumnal.  It's a wonderful lightly spicy resin.  I walked around Green Lake.  The weather was blustery but dry, then it poured all night.  But I managed to find some non-raining times today.  This morning I put on Canis Major and did a jog to the postbox about a half mile from my house when I realized our mail had already come.  I read somewhere that jogging 5 minutes a day adds time to your life.  I did about 7.  But my knees are not happy about it.  Later in the day Canis Major had faded, so I applied some Bogle and took a 45 minute walk.  I used to love Bogle, but it's a little sweet for my current tastes.  This evening I did a 10 minute yoga from a YouTube video. 

I too have always had a thing for Jeff Goldblum.  I'm so glad you don't find that weird. 

Just popping in to say "Hi" to my Witchies and give an update, since I'll probably be scarce for a bit.  I have my three (almost four) year-old granddaughter Koneko for probably the next week.  I picked her up Friday afternoon due to a crisis with her dad and his girlfriend.  Grown Kid Drama.  I am over this BS, for real. 

Anyway, I'll have to find ways to incorporate Koneko...I call her Neko...into workout time, though she does help keep me from getting too potato-ish by virtue of the fact that she's three, haha...

@VetchVesper love and light and positive vibes your way.  I know we are all thinking about you and yours  :grouphug:

I'll talk to y'all lovies again as soon as I can 💜

Hello my Witchy friends! I SO love all of these titles!

I hope all of the rough situations work out for you @VetchVesper and @Amazonia 🖤

Good news over here... the husband and I foraged about 6 lbs. of mushrooms. On top of the chanterelles and few lobster mushrooms, we found 3 giant porcinis! We made some steak with mushroom sauce and it was glorious. I found some chanterelles as large as my hand. It was about 4 hours of hiking, so I felt a great sense of achievement on Friday. :) I don't think I had any perfume on!?

I haven't worked out since Friday, so I'll be doing at least 30 mins of yoga today and will report back tomorrow with today and tomorrow's updates!

Hello, witchy workout friends!  I've got some catching up to do.  Sunday my workout scent was The Illustrated Woman.  Damn, why don't I wear that more often???  It's so good!  I walked to the post office in the rain and got very damp. 

Yesterday's WOSOTD:  Blood and Judgement So Well Commeddled.  A lot more almondy than leathery from what I remembered.  My son and I took our dog for a little hike, about 40 minutes, in a local park. 

Today:  checked the date and am wearing the 13 from October 2017, one of my favorite 13s, with spices and coffee.  I walked to the post office (again, I'm writing dozens of GOTV postcards) and did a little extra turn around a small park in that neighborhood.  And I'll try to do at least 10 minutes of yoga this evening. 

Good luck with the grandkid, @Amazonia!  I hope things are working out, @VetchVesper.

Huzzah!  I am back!  Mostly.  Sans some blood after my yearly physical.  Have been too busy to do regular exercise, but I did manage to get a few hours of gardening in this last few days.  I will update this evening.

Tentatively poking my head in here... after months of neglecting my yoga practice for various reasons, I finally had some serious mat time today and wore Fighter. Cause, y'know, wellness is worth fighting for. Anyway, seeing this thread pop up has definitely been pushing me to reclaim time for yoga and I wanted to say thank you to y'all. Much love! 

4 hours ago, niffler said:

Tentatively poking my head in here... after months of neglecting my yoga practice for various reasons, I finally had some serious mat time today and wore Fighter. Cause, y'know, wellness is worth fighting for. Anyway, seeing this thread pop up has definitely been pushing me to reclaim time for yoga and I wanted to say thank you to y'all. Much love! 

Yay, welcome Niffler!  I love your avatar.  Giraffes are among my top-five favorite creatures!

@VetchVesper glad you're back, too!  

I wore a variety of NA decants today, namely a combo of Cinder Vanilla and Moonstone Nag Champa Seahorses (with a dab of Purple Potion that I couldn't really smell over the incense).  Holy cow.  I neeeeed the Seahorses.  SERENITY NOW!

I did a few sets each of chest presses, bicep curls, and deltoid flies, and about 10 minutes on the stair-stepper early this afternoon.  Then I went out and kick-boxed my heavy bag for 30 minutes while granddaughter drew chalk art in the driveway.  We then took Chico for his mile walk.  Afterwards, we "played" ping pong, which really means I'm teaching her hand-eye coordination and chasing after her wild shots 🙄  Better than vegging on the couch, I suppose.

My hubby's Xbox died on Saturday, with my new yoga dvd stuck inside 😠

I already feel pudgy after missing five days of movement.  Gonna have to get creative with a three year-old in tow!