Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VetchVesper

Smells to Work Out To - 30 Day Challenge

@Seajewelwelcome! I have stumbled upon some of your reviews and they’re great! 

Great job today, all! I don’t have much left in me today (brain-wise) after watching the debate..ugh. I almost forgot to check in!

Today I wore Snake’s Kiss for my workout. This one’s in my top 10, and I honestly almost didn’t put anything on because I was supposed to be working. It was a quiet afternoon, so I just went for it while keeping an eye on my computer which has multiple screens. I rushed into it but paused the class and put it on. Glorious as always! 

Today’s class was an hour of body weight yoga sculpt. Hella hard, lots of planks and my abs are feeling it. ‘‘Twas a good one!

Forgot to use my jump rope today, so I’ll add it to tomorrow’s efforts. 🤘

Since I took a day off yesterday and was MIA on the thread, I wanted to make sure I got my exercise knocked out this morning.   Instead of sitting on my duff eating breakfast and watching half an hour of tv, I walked 30 mins and did 30 mins of yoga.  So thanks for the accountability guys!  :D  Also, because I'm thoroughly impressed by all y'all's initiative, I'm gonna stop being a weenie and up my workout goal to 5 days a week.  I can do this!

Machu-Pichu was my perfume pick today.  It's not normally a fragrance I wear, but I thought the steamy, fruity, clean vibe might be nice for the warm, beautiful weather, and its low sillage (on me, anyway) might be nice for yoga.  I was right!  :thumbsup: Cheery and sweet without being sickening.  It doesn't stay on my skin very long, but after my walk, I replied to my shirt for yoga, and it worked really well.  

@Amazonia Nothing wrong with a lady being a gentleman now and then.  :biggrin:  What an awesomely nice thing to do for your neighbors.  And with a PUSH MOWER?!  Forget manly-man.  I think you're Wonder Woman.  Also -- I LOVE Klaus!!!  But no... I don't think dick throwing is one of his super powers on the tv show.  Maybe the uncut version??  :think:   And now you're hanging upside down?  Not Wonder Woman.  BATWOMAN!  😜  Seriously though, your workout routines sound amazing.  Keep firming those thighs!  And thank you for the inspiration.  

@Madame Mew  I looked up that rose and what a beautiful, delicate shade of pink!  And those clusters are gorgeous!  I have a Peggy Martin rose that makes clusters like that, though the flowers are not much bigger than a quarter.  It too gets the dreaded BLAAAACK SPOOOOT.  :pirate:   If you ever find a tried and true trick to killing it dead, let me know.  I usually end up just whacking everything back and letting it grow out new.  It's just so gratifying though when roses do put on a good show, we have to deal with their demanding and fickle ways.  😜 Thank you for the yoga recommendations.  Those are some great ideas.  And yeah.  I think I have the over extension thing too.  "What?  It's not supposed to bend that way?  *bends it that way*  Hey, why do my joints hurt?"  :think:

@Lucchesa I'm loving that this is turning into a dog fitness routine too.  Happy and healthier puppers.  And good job squeezing in your goal today when things were hectic.  :thumbsup:

@Seajewel  Happy to have you on the thread!  Believe me, I am no guru of fitness, and getting my neck and back in better shape after injury is actually one of my main goals.  Rehabilitating your shoulder totally counts for this.  Is it for your body?  Is it physical?  Will it make you feel better?  This is about you vs. you, not you vs. anyone else.  If you walked a mile you wouldn't normally have walked, that's already an improvement.  Pat yourself on the back!  :D

@a_bear Woohoo!  Sculpt that puddle!  I checked out Yoga with Adriene today.  I'd actually saved a video of hers for neck stretches, so I did that and checked out a longer one for hamstrings and lower back.  Great recommendation!  I really like her focus on form and body awareness.  Thank you.  :smile: 

P.S.  @Madame Mew I think watching the debates should count as an exercise in PATIENCE! 

Edited by VetchVesper

Oh oh! Me too me too!

I have been doing a lot of yoga with Adrienne and YouTube Pilates. About 30 minutes daily or an hour if I'm feeling some kind of way.

I used to go to the Y and do classes, dance, weights, ellipticals on my days off, but my covid shelter in place changed my routine big time. 

Coincidentally I had testing my imps when exercising for a few weeks. As I can non-committally test drive and then wash them off if I don't particularly enjoy them. Convenience!

Today I tested Lust, which do not inspire lust, despite the many reviews lol. I don't have much to say about the scent, but it does seem like the backbone of many other scents in the catalog. 

Also psa: do not over indulge in liquorice to tea, as you will poison yourself. Don't be like me!

Welcome, @Supertrooper Omni! And I’m too lazy to tag the rest of y’all, but good workouts, everyone! Today I got inspired by @Amazonia’s long walks and put on some Startled Toad (which I thought I had a low partial of and it turns out it’s a whole bottle, woo hoo!). It was my last day to make a return at TJ Maxx, about 2.5 miles away, lots of hills, so I walked instead of driving. From there I met my son at the vet for Abby’s annual physical, a good ploy for making my son get a little outdoor exercise. He walked home while Abby  was being seen, and I walked her home when she was done. 13,500 steps up to now per my fitness tracker! And Startled Toad was great.

Great job, @Lucchesa ... you sly one!

@VetchVesper hell yeah, you can do 5 days! Great job. I gotta try Machu Pichu! Re: the debate... YES. I think it counted. I also broke my no weekday drinking for a martini to deal. LOL. Good thing I did an hour yesterday! Re: roses... I'll keep you posted and look up yours! Also, joints wise, I had a physical therapist and building core strength along with doing your very best to not hyper or overextend is mucho important now and forever. ❤️ 

@Supertrooper Omni woo! Welcome! I've always wanted to try a pilates class. Tomorrow is my 1 hour day, so maybe tomorrow!? Lust is not my jam either. :)

For anyone I left out... keep kicking ass and thanks for keeping me accountable!

WOSOTD: Paper Phoenix. One of my faves. I only have one bottle, and last summer I wore it almost daily. It's great in the heat, kinda just a perfect perfume IMO. I need more. I think by the time I finally worked out, it was mostly gone. I put it on about 8 am and didn't work out til 1pm. No matter, it's still a fave. I'll have to retest at the end of this!

Today I did about 25 mins of jump rope, to the best of my ability. Added in active recovery squats and high knee marches. WOOWEEEE it's hard to jump as an adult. I was sweatier than a whore in church! LOL. No offense to whores, they cool. Anyway, it's quite the workout and it was really fun to set some music with a good cadence and bounce around. I tried some tricks I did back in grade school and ended up whacking my shins. I then took a bath with some Boo oil and then gave myself a chemical peel. My face stayed flushed for hours after the jump rope. I will be adding this exercise every day. It's fun!

ETA: I love hay moon 2020! 

Edited by Madame Mew

Y'all are so inspiring!! I had been doing Yoga every single day for 118 days until last week. Yes, you read that right, ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN DAYS. I had never stuck with the practice so long before! I was so proud of myself and then I fell off the wagon because life got overwhelming, and I'm smack-dab in the middle of the academic semester and OH GODS that time is always scary as hell and makes me feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. Mostly it makes me feel like I have no time to do anything, and it's hard to prioritize things like exercise, even though it should be a priority.

But anyway!! I will do my very best to resume my good habits tomorrow and join you in this challenge! I usually do one Yoga with Adriene video on Youtube per day, two if I'm feeling energetic and have the time. I'll shoot for one for now, as I get back in the saddle. It really was doing wonders for my mental health so I really should get back to it. And now that the weather has cooled down considerably it's really lovely out and I may try to incorporate some walks as well, because being outside is also fantastic for mental health reasons. I'm hoping to sort of coax my ego into keeping me accountable and make me do the thing by posting here (look, I don't usually listen to my ego because frankly he's a little bit of an asshole, but he can be helpful sometimes!). And I do love the idea of picking a specific scent to work out with. Wish me luck!! 😊

ETA: forgot to say, thanks @VetchVesper!! this is such a fantastic idea!

Edited by Kelthara

55 minutes ago, Kelthara said:

I had been doing Yoga every single day for 118 days until last week. Yes, you read that right, ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN DAYS.

This is amazing. I can never even make it 30 days straight.

YAAAAY!  @Seajewel @Kelthara @Supertrooper Omni glad to see all of you joining in!  And damn, Kelthara...that is an amazing run of consecutive Yoga days!

Yesterday was kind of "Meh".  The last day of the month for Hubby's job is always intense (he is the Site Director for the local office of a collection agency, and end of month is always a push to hit collection goals).  I acted as his "assistant" for most of the workday.  Long story, but I used to work in Legal and Compliance there, and my position was "eliminated" in a mass (permanent) lay-off, along with 11 other people in my department, in early 2018.  The person who inherited my job duties is always on vacation (her husband is a commercial pilot, so free flights to anywhere), and she always shoves her work off on my Hubs while she's gone.  Since that used to be my job....well, you get the picture.  

Anyway, I felt like some original Temple Viper yesterday morning.  Holy smokes, that stuff is gorgeous and lasts ALL DAY on me!  After the workday was over, we went out to the ManCave and played PIng Ping (no euphemism, lol!) for around 3 hours off-and-on.  The calorie burn was probably offset by a few Michelob Ultras, though. 

Temple Viper is very calming and meditative for me, which I needed to overcome my frustrations, as I am not an accomplished Pong player.  I hate it when he beats me, and that happens a lot.  He has been playing since he was young, and introduced me to the game just a few years ago, so the skill levels are a bit lopsided.  I need help to keep my Zen about myself since I am competitive AF and hate losing.  Temple Viper definitely helps keep me from "taking my ball and going home!" LOL

Seems like the weather won't cooperate with my walking routine today, as we have high winds and the temperature has dropped again.  I'll check back in later!

Thanks guys! I wasn't trying to brag, I'm just legitimately floored that I lasted this long. @a_bear, so I never went for much longer than 30 days before (maybe 45 was my 'record'?), but I found that what helped me this time was to think of it as an act of self-love rather than simply exercise, if that makes sense? I know this sounds a little sappy, but changing my relationship to it  and thinking about it as time for myself, to take care of myself, really helped! I also let go of the expectations and just did the thing. I'm really not flexible at all, and I would get pretty frustrated with that before, now I'm mostly like... "Well, I'm just doing my best, no big deal if it doesn't look perfect!". So I don't know, maybe that could help you too? 😊

I looked at my little exercise journal (makes it sound fancier than it is, I was just keeping track day by day in a notebook) and it had actually been 2 weeks since I fell off the yoga wagon! But I'm so excited because today I did it, and I mostly credit y'all for that, so thank you. 💜 I had been wearing Morocco HG + perfume oil so I just left that on, and it was a good companion for exercise. It makes its presence known but it's not cloying or overpowering, and I just really love Morocco, it feels like a happy scent to me!

ETA: just realized that you guys were talking about Yoga with Adriene previously! I really love Adriene, and she's really helped me change my outlook on exercise, as described above. I feel you could find videos for all levels on her channel, but it's true that most are beginner to intermediate, which tbh works really well for me haha.

Edited by Kelthara

M'kay, I'm back.  My WOSOTD is a combo of Tombeur and Snake Charmer Res.  To me, Snake Charmer just needs more depth and fullness.  It's too...thin and reedy?...on it's own.  Tombeur is just a hair too masculine for me in it's early stages, but the late drydown is gorgeous.  The remedy is to layer them together.  The combination of the two marry in perfect harmony, and is just sublime.  That being said, I would love to get my grubby paws on some original SC.  I bet it's glorious by now!

Today I was pretty sore, so I took it easy and dusted off my Wii.  Yes, they still exist.  I did over two hours of Wii Fit Plus...45 minutes each of Rhythmic Boxing and Hula Hoop, a few rounds each of several other activities, and then another 20 minutes of really basic Yoga poses.  I realized that my lower back is pretty jacked up.  I knew my neck and left shoulder were in bad shape, but the lower back was a surprise.   So...I really need to check out this Adriene of whom you all speak. 

Afterward, I did another 20 minutes of Wii Sports Resort, mostly fencing and bowling, just for fun.   

I'm hoping tomorrow will be a bit warmer and less windy so I can shoot for another 6+miles.  Chico is getting annoyed about missing his walks. 

And BTW @VetchVesper...I'm much more Gamora than Wonder Woman or Batwoman.  I cannot count the number of people who have said that I look like her.  My oldest granddaughter was so convinced that I was Gamora that she stood next to the cardboard character cutout at the theater and yelled "This is my Grammaw!" to everyone who passed by.  The first time we watched GOTG 2 together, she stared intently at me until I finally told her, "Baby, that is NOT ME" 😂

Edited by Amazonia

Today was a travel day. Lots of errands to run this morning — groceries, bank, pet food — but no structured workout time until I got to the airport and passed security. Then I had about half an hour to take a walk.  Dragging my luggage. I think my fitness tracker has gone off the rails, though. It thinks I’ve walked over 6 miles today which I find hard to believe. Though I did have to walk back to the bank because I left my ATM card there... I knew it was going to be stressful so I put on Water of Notre Dame before leaving for the airport. I’d say it was neutral — more of a meditation than a workout scent.

Hi, @Kelthara!  118 days is amazing! I’m glad you’re back on track.  Awesome work, everyone!

This morning, my lovely felines decided to wake me up at the ass crack of dawn, and by gum, it was chilly outside!  All you northerners probably think that's normal for October, but for Houston, it was quite a shock.  Anywho, I walked for 20 minutes, wearing Destroying Angel in honor of the mushrooms that have been popping up around the neighborhood.  I was half-inspired to write a tanka about them; I'll post it, if I find the other half.  After the walk, I gardened for half an hour.

I'm quite fond of Destroying Angel.  It's one of the few mushrooms scents that doesn't turn to baby powder on me, and it's quite lovely.   it smelled sweeter and cleaner than normal, with the earth note made milder by the cold. 

This evening, I did 20 mins of bedtime yoga with Ariadne while wearing Sixteen92's Chloroform.  It's sweet and snowy, and lacks any lavender, so we'll see if it lives up to its name.  ;)

@Supertrooper Omni and @Kelthara, lovely to have you!  And thank you for joining in.  :D  Kudos for getting back on the yoga wagon, Kelthara!     

@AmazoniaMore Marvel than DC, aye? 😛 Have you ever cosplayed her?  Also, we gotta talk more about perfume.  I think our noses are related. 

Day 2 of yoga in the books! I had a case of "it's Friday and I'm lazy" and almost didn't do it, but found strength in thinking of all you! And I was thinking, well damn, if @Lucchesa can find the willpower to take a walk while dragging her luggage around, I have no excuse for not doing yoga in the comfort of my own home. 😂 

I did a 40 minute session with Adriene, and also walked for maybe 40-50 minutes? Mostly because I went to see some friends and then back home. I still had on remnants of Siren Song Elixirs' Yennefer (Bold) when I got to exercising, so I picked something that wouldn't clash with it to reapply. This turned out to be The Lilac Wood, which is a scent I love but usually tend to wear as an evening and/or sleep scent. It worked really well for yoga though, especially in the more meditative poses where I felt like I was just in my own private magical forest.

Tomorrow I have a flu shot scheduled in the morning so I'm not sure I'll be able to do yoga, these things usually kind of knock me out for a day and make whichever arm receives the shot pretty much unusable (so no plank poses for me haha), but I think I'll walk there and back. The place I'm getting it done is about a half hour away from where I live, and it's a really nice walk so that should be good! Weather's supposed to be lovely, too. Might do some light bedtime yoga in the evening, just to keep that habit of doing it every day, but I'll see how I feel!

I love reading all of your exercise and scent adventures, and I'm definitely super curious about Destroying Angel! Adding it to my to-try list.

Edgar Miche, Mysterious Explorer.  Leather!  Not too active today but walked my sister's dog for about 20 minutes this morning.  

I am ashamed, I have not been on my reports!

Wednesday, I did jump rope and squats as active recovery, but I ended up hurting myself. I was wearing some crappy old sneakers that I put on to jump rope (my husband says you're supposed to wear shoes) and when I was doing squats, I tweaked my knee. It started to hurt more and more as the evening went on and got kinda swollen. 

Thursday morning, my knee was still pissed. I have been nursing a hamstring pull on my other leg, so I took the advice of my bestie and took a rest day. I wore the Menage A Trois - Dried Strawberries, Red Musk and Bourbon Vanilla. So stunning. It's one of my absolute favorites. Got one for my mom and I immediately ordered a backup as soon as I smelled it!

Friday, I pulled tarot cards to choose my scent, on the advice of someone in the BPAL Parlour on FB. LOVED the idea. I ended up wearing Eostre of the Dawn. It was a really beautiful day yesterday, perfect for a "sunny" scent. This one always makes me feel feminine and sexy. My workout was a Yoga Sculpt - 1 hour with weights. The husband got select tech weights from Bowflex, and he came it to me using them (set at the minimum option of 5 lbs) while doing some donkey kick thing where you are in table top position and put a weight behind your leg and make a motion like you're stamping the ceiling. Great glute exercise! He was like "oooohhh nice" lol. I was feeling myself. My husband and I ate clam pizza and had some chenin blanc at the pizza places' patio. Extra fun evening, but I ended up drinking a little too much later...

Saturday morning (today) I awoke with a hangover. It was a doozy. I did a yoga body weight sculpt class which was an hour. I figured sweating it out was my only option. Glad I did it, because I was pretty much right as rain by noon. Usually, I would be in bed until 5 pm with the hangovers I get, so now I KNOW that sweating it out WORKS! I did not put on any BPAL, cause if I don't feel well, I don't want to end up associating the precious with nausea. After I was feeling better, I put on Rapture Pig. 

I'll be doing another hour tomorrow, since my rest day was on Friday this week. 

Great job to all of you and welcome to the newcomers! 

Edited by Madame Mew
spelling

Ahhh, a little time to myself so I can catch up and check in.

Question....does anyone else's husband/partner get all needy and attention-starved when you begin to devote more time to yourself, and especially to your body?   Mine is very much like that.  It is fucking irritating.   He's going back to the office tomorrow, so I'll be able check in daily with no wahh-wahh shit to deal with.

I've been mostly stuck inside the past few days.  The high winds have been a bit much, combined with the lower temperatures.  It makes my ears/sinuses hurt to walk when it's windy and chilly outdoors, so it has been Ping Pong, Wii boxing and Bowflex since Friday.  

Friday's WOSOTD was Mme. Moriarty 2007.  I was preparing a package of goodies for a sale, and I was decanting a sample of Mme. into an oversized vial.  The caps for these particular vials are extremely hard to put on at first.  As I was trying to cap it, it flipped out of my hand and Mme. splashed all over my tank top.  I could literally TASTE Mme for the rest of the day.  Husband and I played Pong for several hours that evening.  I smelled ahhhmazing.

Yesterday's WOSOTD was Monsterbait: Underbed.  Workout was Wii boxing and Hula Hoop for an hour.  Doesn't seem like I'm doing a whole lot in the moment, but boy-howdy...I can definitely feel that my back and oblique muscles have been working afterwards.  I did 30 minutes of various balance and stretching exercises after boxing, then about 15 minutes of lifting on the Bowflex and 2 x 25 crunches on the Ab Coaster.  After all that, I realized it had warmed up considerably outside.  I wanted to get a walk in, but I had paid too much attention to myself already, and Husband was bored and lonely *insert eyeroll emoji here*

Looks like I may be able to get a good long walk today.  NO WIND!  

@VetchVesper, yep I am a Marvel geek, but I do love DC as well.  I would totally marry Batman.  Christopher Reeve/Superman was my very first celebrity crush as a child.  And can we talk about how hawwwt Gal Gadot is as Wonder Woman?  Ugh, just too cute. 

It has been suggested by many people over the years that I cosplay Gamora, but according to a Sam & Nic Chapman tutorial I watched...that green makeup is a real bitch to perfect.  I may try it somday, just to see if I can pull it off.  My cousin is pushing me to do Storm, now that I've let my silver hair grow out.  The last time I did any sort of costume was Jessica Rabbit for Halloween, back in 2014 I think? 

Hubby will be distracted by football today, so I'll pop in briefly and let y'all know how things go later on!

Wow @Madame Mew, you're a proper fitness expert! Also I'd love to know more about using tarot to determine your scent of the day, that sounds really fun!

Yay for the husband going back to the office tomorrow @Amazonia! Also I had to google bowflex, I definitely thought it was some kind of archery schtick (which, I don't know how one would do that indoors?? 😂). I'm not super well-versed in the DC and Marvel universes, but I love Thor Ragnarok, primarily because Taika Waititi is one of my favorite people on this planet and I will watch pretty much anything he's involved with. (Also. Jeff Goldblum.) And yes, Gal Gadot is absolutely one of the most absurdly beautiful humans I have ever seen, holy goddess!!

I got a lot of walking done yesterday, even more so than predicted, and ended up doing over 10k steps, yay! Didn't do any Yoga because I felt blergh from the flu shot and like someone had punched me in the shoulder repeatedly. I know, I sound like a complete drama queen, but I don't like getting vaccines done (please don't read this the wrong way I am most definitely PRO vaccines lol). On my walk, I wore Druid and Elf HG, which is always a great combo, and a favorite for a slightly chilly walk.

Today, I did a 45 minute session with Adriene, and forgot to wear a scent, oops! I think I'm gonna challenge myself to wear scents I tend to wear less, it should be a fun experiment. As long as I remember to do it! Those long yoga sessions are always a very interesting mind exercise because they reeaally try my patience, I'm not so good with focusing on one thing for such a long period of time (unless it's a really good novel), so it's also been really good in that sense.

@Kelthara Yes, I absolutely think mindset is a big part of it. I need to be better about reminding myself also a) 10-15 min > 0 min and b) I will feel better afterwards! Also, I, too, am a big Thor Ragnarok and all-around Taika Waititi fan (and Jeff Goldblum, too, lol).

Oof, when was the last day I posted? Wednesday? Thursday was a recovery day, Friday I didn't end up doing anything, but I went for a hike on Saturday and a shorter walk today. Mixed bag fitness-wise, but I have discovered that Theoi Nomioi is a great pick-me-up scent. Maybe if I'd put it on a little earlier it would've helped me motivate myself to do at least a little bit of yoga on Friday.

Edited by a_bear

@Kelthara <3! The tarot card scent thing was to just shuffle and pull three. The first card I n the middle and then one to the right , one to the left that add to the first card. Subtleties I guess! I’ll circle back with the post I found when I find it!

@Amazonia You’re not alone! I too have a somewhat attention hogging husband. What time am I off, how long is my workout, what time am I done? lol! I just keep standing my ground and point out that he gets his time to workout when I am actually working. He seems to need many reminders...

WOSOTD: Death Cap. I was inspired by destroying angel a few days back. I did 30 minutes of yoga and walked my dogs, I think about three miles. I can’t say I noticed it at all while I worked out, but that’s fine with me. One thing I realized just now is that I’ve always layered it and never really wear it solo. After a shower, I wore Boo and went on my walk. I’ve probably worn four scents today.  

@a_bear, Taika is my perennial unproblematic fave! His instagram is a delightful blend of his eccentric humor, urging people to vote, and various good causes he's involved with. Bless his little weirdo heart. And Jeff Goldblum needs no explanation, clearly. One of my friends and I will be roommates next year and I've been joking that we should have a Jeff Goldblum shrine by our front door. I mean, it's a good conversation starter, we might just do it. 😂 Wishing you good luck with your yoga endeavors today, you can do it!! And if you can't, well, that's okay, and be sure to be kind to yourself anyway. We all have days when everything feels hard. 💜

@Madame Mew thank you for sharing! And sorry for the kind of obvious question, I thought it might a whole thing where people came up with correspondences between tarot cards and scents haha! But relying on my own intuition works too, maybe I'll give that a go later today.

Good luck today everyone!

@Kelthara Happy to share! ❤️ I found the post in the BPAL Parlour on FB: 

1. Pull three cards

2. The center card describes the main theme/notes/elements to your scent

3. The cards on either side of the center give additional details, nuances and descriptors to the scent the cards are guiding you to

Today I opted to wear The Coiled Serpent:  A potent yogic oil that stimulates the kundalini, provokes spiritual awakening, and releases the energy seated in your root chakra. It's not my style in general, but the mention of yogic oil drew me to it. Today I did... you guessed it... yoga! 30 minutes with a core focus. I was a bit disappointed with today's video. It was not the most cohesive flow, because the transitions were just awkward and I think they forgot a whole flow on the left side. I think I am just cranky today. My brain just kept going back to a call I had just gotten off of and I could not shake it! The tone of the person and the news they delivered did not match, and I was just replaying what I should have said and didn't. 

Shake it off!!!

I look forward to hearing what all of my BPAL peeps wore/did today! 😁

HAHA!  Taika and Jeff are 💜💜💜💜💜 

For the longest time I thought that I was a weirdo for having a massive crush on Jeff Goldblum 😂  I would love to visit and pay homage at your Jeff Goldblum shrine @Kelthara

Today's WOSOTD was The Black Temple Burlesque Troupe.  To me it feels dirty, but clean at the same time.  I don't know how to describe it.  That lemony black musk, I guess.  Chocolate Pledge, lol

So I introduced myself to Adriene today with her Full Body Flow (I think that's what the video was called?) and then Rodney Yee Abs.  Still too windy outside for walks, so I begrudgingly did 2.5 miles on the treadmill.  

I just realized...my back feels better than it has for as long as I can remember.  I didn't even know it hurt, until it didn't hurt anymore.  

Lol yes, my Bowflex is actually based on the mechanics of an archery bow.  It uses flexible poly resistance rods instead of weight plates.  

I have been naughty and neglecting my posts.  I took off Friday and Saturday, but Sunday I walked for half an hour wearing "A Kneeling Child Watching a Ghost Devil and Puppet Making Mayhem in a Room," which, by a happy accident, I learned smells divine when mixed with Aperatos Eros.  I've been on a black licorice kick, and A Kneeling Child... is tasty, but something about the feral musk and incense in Aperatos just sends everything through the roof.  Today I used the last of my aged imp of Elegba while I walked another half hour, and did an hour of gardening.  It smelled quite delectable and, possibly because of aging, was even heavier on the rum and more of a brown sugar syrup than the blast of rum coconut I remember. 

@Amazonia  Storm would be amazing.  I was officially hooked by the X-men cartoon as a kid, and it's always been my favorite of the mainstream comics, even if it's not always the best.  I too, love the Batman, though he seems like he'd be a real pain in the ass to be married to.  Also, Iron Man might be better in the sack.  But who am I really to turn down hot, billionaire, super hero playboys for husbands? 🤔 Meh.  What the hell, I'll take them both.  ;)

P.S.  I do need to step it up tomorrow, but I'm glad I am at least getting some exercise rather than being a lump.  So yay to improvement, even if it's small!

Edited by VetchVesper

hey hey! I’m sore. WOSOTD: Limitations. So somber and beautiful! Today was almost an hour of intermediate yoga.  my favorite part was practicing for a forearm stand. I didn’t get there but I loved the journey. Can’t wait to hear from y’all! 

I AM THE PUMPKIN QUEEN!  At least when I work out.  That's what I wore.  Half an hour of walking.  Half and hour of gardening.  After a shower, I did half an hour of yoga before bed, this time wearing Frosted Pumpkin-Spice Cookie which is deeelish.  I'm officially in Halloween mode. 

@Madame Mew  Looked that up and wow-wee!  Let us know when you get there!  :D

Edited by VetchVesper