Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VetchVesper

Smells to Work Out To - 30 Day Challenge

I'm getting pudgy, achy, stiff, and depressed.  :ugh:  That means ... 

!!! IT'S WORK OUT TIME !!!  

:joy: :bow: :rantrave::bow::thud:

I thought I might use fragrances to motivate me.  Today I wore Wanda, because I felt like roses, and she smells like a BADASS!  Rosy, but not too rosy, with some juicy, smexy wine, a touch of supple leather, and a touch of smutty musk to make me feel like it's ok to be sweaty.  This is what you wear when you do Zumba in stilettoes, or are perfecting your whip-cracking workout!  :whip: (Not me, though.  I don't have that kind of co-ordination!  Still, it's nice to feel like I COULD if I worked out more.  :biggrin:)

Anywho, anyone want to join me in my low-pressure, unplanned, and ill-conceived 30 day BPAL workout challenge!?  Whether you're going for that big booty burn, taking a stroll around the neighborhood, or sipping green tea between toe touches and cat pose, a little bit of exercise can go a long way to improve the way you feel.  

Rules!

1) :type: Make a goal for yourself.  What do you want to achieve in 30 days?  Is it to drop a few pounds?  Form a new habit?  Gain some flexibility?  Lift your mood?  Or maybe just find new ways to use your GINORMOUS BPAL hoard?!  Decide on your goal(s) and post it here.  

2)   :thumbsup:  Dash, spritz, or slather on some perfume.  (Preferably BPAL, but we won't judge.)

3)  :bow:  Do at least 20 mins of exercise, stretching, or fitness activity.  (Be as tough or easy on yourself as you like.  It's great if you can work out everyday, but if you can't, that's okay too.  This is about fun, experimentation, and feeling good about yourself.  Even if you just add 20 minutes of exercise to your week,  it's still a step in the right direction.) 

4):joy:Every time you exercise, come brag on yourself in the thread!  Tell us what you did, what perfume you wore, and how it worked out.  Remember to cheer other folks on too!  :cheer: 

5)   :princess:    At the end of 30 days, tally up your exercise entries, tell us your favorite workout fume, and let us know how close you got to your goal!

As for me, my goal is to work out at least 3 days a week, lose 5 lbs by the end of October, and get my back less achy.  I did a 10 minute ab crunch workout on you tube.  (Eee gawds, I'm outta shape.) and 10 minutes of basic Yoga stretches. (Edited to up my goal to 5 days a week, because I can do it!)

P.S. To the moderators, not sure if this is the right place for this, but it's sorta perfume recommendations, possibly workout recommendations?  I saw there is a thread specifically for what to wear while working out, but this seemed a little more involved.  Anywho, lemme know if I need to merge stuff.  

Edited by VetchVesper

So into this! How FUN! Thank you for the motivation and starting a challenge. 💪

Wanda sounds like a good one for me to move up to the "hurry up and try" list of imps. It's been in my position for three years. 

I have been doing some corepower yoga classes online since March, and prior to that some local studios that offered yoga and HIIT heated classes. My best friend and I started working out together in December, so she has been keeping me virtually accountable and sometimes we even do videos together at the same time. How great to have online friends with the same interests such as BPAL to add another level to the experience! This came at a perfect time, because I am losing motivation to finish my full workouts since I pulled my hamstring a few days ago. 

My goal will be: Tuesday, Thursday and either Saturday OR Sunday, 1 hour yoga flow or mixed with HIIT/Tabata or some kind of more generally intense yoga with cardio class. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at least 30 minutes of class or one hour of walking (depending on the weather).  My rest day will be either Saturday or Sunday, whichever is clever. Ultimately, the goal is to get my ass moving every day. Sometimes I just sit at the computer ALL day. I work from home and am more sedentary than ever during the day than ever before. 

Today I did a 30 minute virtual vinyasa yoga class. I wore one I have had for years but never have worn, The Antikythera Mechanism- Teakwood, oak, black vanilla, and tobacco. I really enjoy this! The teak and vanilla together are rich and heady, tobacco is gorgeous and one of my favorite notes, and the oak keeps it from smelling almost too sweet. I think working out in this did take it to a bit of a cloying level, so this would not be one I recommend working out in. It's PERFECT for fall and winter, cozy, rich, and just sexy! I have several imps of this, so I will be moving one over to my favorites stash to rotate through daily wear options. 

VETCH!  What a great idea, I'd love to join you!  It keeps me motivated and accountable when I am "reporting" my activity and results in a group setting.  

My goals are numerous, but toning and tightening are the main focus. 

1) I'd love to lose 10 lbs by November, but losing a few inches is         more important to me than the number on the scale

2) Complete two back-to-back Tae-Bo workouts per day, 3x                 weekly

3) Walk a minimum of 15 miles per week, and get my average           mile time back down to 13 minutes (4.6 mph)

4)  One hour of weights, squats, and crunches 3 days per week   

This morning I was in the mood for some slinky Snek Oil.  I love how beautifully it wafts from heated skin, and it conjures images of long, lean limbs in body-conscious black leather.  It is so sexy.  Definitely a pre-workout favorite for me.

I took my dog for a short one-mile walk, brought him back home (he's old and doesn't have much stamina anymore), and then set out for the bike trail, walking another four miles by myself.  

Oh!  I forgot to relay how I'm feeling...tanned and fabulous and a little less jiggly, with plenty of energy to spare.  I may try to talk the husband into going out to the garage/ManCave and playing a few hours of ping pong with me this evening, after it cools down a bit.  

I am so down with this!  Thank you!  

PS: my formatting got jacked up after I saved.  Yuck!

Edited by Amazonia
Feeling and various edits

I'm in too!  I love this idea!!!

1) My main goal is to preserve my mental health by getting outside as much as I can.  A week ago I couldn't go outside because of wildfire smoke, and it just about pushed me over the edge.  So, grab a walk whenever it's not pouring down rain.  Subsidiary goals:  try some online yoga, cardio or strength training.  My daughter's school has a daily 20 minute fitness class I could try.  

2) Today's selection:  Gacela of the Dark Death.  Flipping beautiful!  Foresty scent to get me outdoors. 

3) I walked around Green Lake.  About 3.5 miles total from my house.  Takes about 45-50 minutes.   

4) I'm so glad I got my workout in today!  Gacela is a good autumn hiking scent.  Or autumn staying indoors scent, but we don't care about that.  Yay, @VetchVesper @Madame Mew & @Amazonia!!!  (Is ping pong a euphemism?) Yay, Wanda, Antikythera Mechanism and SO!  

10 hours ago, Lucchesa said:

(Is ping pong a euphemism?) 

Hahaha!  No, it really is Table Tennis  😂😂😂😂

@Lucchesa I know it sucks donkey balls to be stuck inside, but I'm also thankful you're getting some much needed rain in your area.  Should help with the air quality, and getting/keeping the fires under control, of course.   We had smoke haze all the way over here in KS last week, so I cannot imagine how bad it has been living near the source.   

Hugs to you :hug:

Workout SOTD: Lady Death Savage.  Power suits, Louboutins, cutting glances, and epic RBF.   She makes me want to flick my switchblade out at people who get too close to my bubble.  Bad bitch vibes, for sure.

Did the doggo mile with Chico (my old Pibbull), then another 4.2 miles.   Had 20 mph headwinds during the first leg of my journey.  I planned it that way so that I'd have tailwinds assisting my return trip... downhill with the headwind, uphill with the tailwind.  Thought I might die, but did not.  The 4.2 miles took 51 minutes to complete.

Left hip is a little achy, but that's normal for me during the first few days of consistent physical activity.  20 years of DH'ing in softball with a mean hip swing put some wear n' tear on the joint.  Going to soak in a hot bath now.

Ordered Rodney Yee Abs Yoga on DVD today.  Used to have it on VHS (omg I am freaking old!) and loved it.  Also got a new armband for my phone so I can use the Map My Walk app and distract myself with tunes while walking.

@Amazonia Woo! It's you! You sold me my RR, so now we know who each other is on FB! So cool that we are all working out "together"! Nice work, and nice choice on the Lady Death Savage. Badass name and sounds like it was made for a badass workout!

@Lucchesa Hope your air is clearing up quickly! Great job getting out there. ❤️

@VetchVesper Loving this challenge! Got me feeling accountable. I feel like I actually worked out super hard today!

Today I wore Revenant Rhythm, and it's glorious to work out in. I smell like a sexy hippie eating vanilla ice cream. I dunno, it's a vibe? LOL. 

I did a yoga sculpt class with 3 lb. weights. It was one hour. This was my first time using legit weights, albeit small, but they really level up the vinyasa flow. 

Tomorrow being Sunday is my rest day, but I'll pop in to state what my SOTD was if I get my ass moving. Hugs to all and happy Saturday!

Awesome sauce!  Welcome aboard, @Lucchesa!  So glad the air is clearing up for you guys. Send some of that rain down to California when you're done with it. 

@Amazonia, I love your Lady Death Savage description. :laugh:

@Madame Mew  Glad it's helping!  Me too me too!  You ladies are putting me to shame and inspiring me all at once! 

I walked half an hour today, but I also got two closets cleaned out, so I'm call'n it a win. :D. I wore Dead Leaves & Maple Sap which lasts FOREVER, and smells lovely. It definitely amped up the maple syrup on the walk, which was ok, but I don't know about for a hard core workout.  

I'm waiting for Monday so I can bust out some crazy dancersize videos without my husband snickering.  😜 Only my cats get to judge.  

Awesome workouts, everyone.  And CLOSETS, @VetchVesper@Amazonia, a 4.2 mile walk with hills and headwinds in 51 minutes is badass enough for Lady Death Savage, to be sure. 

Today, Elf!  Another walk, this one north to the little frisbee golf park about 1.3 miles from my house.  38 minutes all told -- I would have gone a bit longer but had to get back home to take my husband for a COVID test. 

@Madame MewYoga sculpt sounds interesting!  Do you hold the weights or are they the kind you wrap around your arms with velcro?

1 minute ago, Lucchesa said:

Awesome workouts, everyone.  And CLOSETS, @VetchVesper@Amazonia, a 4.2 mile walk with hills and headwinds in 51 minutes is badass enough for Lady Death Savage, to be sure. 

Today, Elf!  Another walk, this one north to the little frisbee golf park about 1.3 miles from my house.  38 minutes all told -- I would have gone a bit longer but had to get back home to take my husband for a COVID test. 

@Madame MewYoga sculpt sounds interesting!  Do you hold the weights or are they the kind you wrap around your arms with velcro?

Ooooo... Elf seems like it would be lovely for a forest walk.  I hope your husband is ok. 

Negative COVID test results landed this morning!  (As I was 99.3 percent sure that they would.)

Today's WOSOTD:  Dead Leaves and Vanilla Incense.  It really felt like early fall this morning.  I walked the dog to the local bookstore, about a mile away, to buy a birthday gift for my mother in law, then Abby wanted to continue on to the pet food store a couple blocks farther and get a treat.  When I got her home, I went back out and walked to the natural food store for a bottle of wine and some goodies for the gift.  (Abby can go in the bookstore but not the grocery store, and we had a traumatic incident this spring with her being abducted by a do-gooder who thought she was uncomfortable tied up in front of the supermarket.)  Anyway, 5 miles according to my step counter, not sure how long because Abby can be poky, but definitely a lot of time out in the bright sunlight, which emerged midday from the gloom of the morning.  DL & VI was nice but its staying power was not up to that of Elf, which lasted and lasted.  Maybe a better yoga scent than walking. 

@Madame Mew yes, it's me!  I guessed your forum ID quite a while ago, before we were FB friends.  I think you posted somewhere about RR, and I was like...that's her!

@VetchVesper I cleaned out my closets a while back, and it ain't no joke!  I was sore after sorting and lugging around several 30 gallon bags full of old clothes to drop off at the homeless shelter.  It definitely counts toward daily physical activity!  Don't feel shamed, you've got us to cheer you on 💜

@Lucchesa glad the covid test was negative, and wooty-woo on your five miles!  And OMG re: your dog being abducted 😮😮😮  

Okay, long story since I didn't check in yesterday...

My Hubs is on a 14 day quarantine and working from home.  His Coworker's live-in mother tested covid positive on 9/18, and Coworker informed Hubs (his boss) but CONTINUED TO GO INTO THE OFFICE on Saturday and Monday, after he knew his mom was positive!  GRRRR, big dummy!  Company sent them both home on Monday 9/21.  Hubs woke up with a respiratory illness Tuesday morning, immediately went to the Rapid Response clinic for a test, and came back covid negative.  Coworker finally went in and tested positive on Thursday, 9/24.  Hence, my Hubs was exposed, so they treat it as a positive, despite his negative test result.  I want to throat-punch Coworker.  Just...sheer stupidity.  

I took yesterday off as it was cold and rainy.  Caught up on laundry, grocery shopping, and general house cleaning.  I am not ready to utilize my treadmill yet.  It is so boring, and I wait until it is really too cold to get outside before I use it.  Today looks more promising, but temps are almost 40 degrees colder than Saturday... from a high of 92° down to 56° right now.  There's a saying around here: If you don't like the weather in KS, wait five minutes and it will change :wacko2: 

If it doesn't warm up enough today,  I'll either go upstairs and hit the Bowflex, maybe do a belly dancing video, or go out to the garage and do some kickboxing with my heavy bag.  Cannot workout downstairs with the Hubs planted on the couch all day in Zoom meetings.  I'll check back in later!

On 9/26/2020 at 9:31 PM, Lucchesa said:

Yoga sculpt is a blast! You hold free weights and modify the moves a bit. Once you're in chair pose or crescent moon, horse, warrior 2, or any other pose you add some flys or bicep curls for example. 

Yesterday, the husband and I worked on the yard. We planted a few herbs that we can eventually move inside, and in general just soaked up some sun (not me) and drank wine. I DID break a sweat, so that's good for a rest day. :) 

Will be back after my minimum 30 minute lunchtime workout!

Today feels like it's officially autumn!  The morning started cool and overcast, with a chilly breeze.  🍂 I'm LOVIN' it. 🍁    I tested out Solitary and Abhorred, which I believe I was frimped by @Lucchesa, a thoughtful gesture since I've been wanting to explore carrot seed.  :smile:   The fragrance started out a bit like Coiled Serpent, with a good bit of warm, slightly funky patchouli, but the carrot seed crept in after a few minutes adding a soft, wistful sweetness that was perfect for the gloominess of the day.  I really enjoyed this one as something warm and grounding, though surprisingly, it lightened to a skin scent before the end of my 30 minute walk.  For folks who fear offending their fellows in yoga class,  the low throw might be appreciated though. 

30 minutes of brisk walking; 30 minutes of yoga stretches! :joy: 

I'm experimenting with different yoga videos, trying to find routines I like.  I would love suggestions.   I'm a novice, but I'm naturally stretchy and bendy, so beginning positions can sometimes feel a bit unchallenging.  I'd really like to find some routines that give me a good stretch, build core strength, and focus on good form and breathing technique. 

Ugh.  Covid.  😕 My husband's workplace went through an outbreak about a month ago.  @Amazonia, hope he feels up to snuff soon.  @Lucchesa, glad it was a false alarm.  Also, I would have had some "appreciative" words for that dog-napping do-gooder!

@Madame Mew, gardening totally counts!  😜 I've actually been meaning to do some of that too.  I have a lonely rosebush that wants some companions.  What kind of herbs are you planting for the cool weather?

Edited by VetchVesper

I've been stalking this thread for a bit, but my workout scents are generally whatever I happen to be wearing on any given day. I feel like I spent so much time outside this spring, but as soon as it got hot and humid I retreated inside. Mostly I think my goal is to get outside more now that the weather is improving.

1 hour ago, VetchVesper said:

I'm experimenting with different yoga videos, trying to find routines I like.  I would love suggestions.   I'm a novice, but I'm naturally stretchy and bendy, so beginning positions can sometimes feel a bit unchallenging.  I'd really like to find some routines that give me a good stretch, build core strength, and focus on good form and breathing technique.

I quite like Yoga with Adriene, but you might find her videos too beginner-y. The person with whom I live in sin and I also like Leigha Butler - she may have escaped from the circus. Her videos tend to be more challenging. Both are on Youtube, but I think also have separate subscription sites. I also really like Eoin Finn, though I just have videos of his I ripped from DVDs ages ago.

Edited by a_bear
spelling

8 minutes ago, a_bear said:

I've been stalking this thread for a bit, but my workout scents are generally whatever I happen to be wearing on any given day. I feel like I spent so much time outside this spring, but as soon as it got hot and humid I retreated inside. Mostly I think my goal is to get outside more now that the weather is improving.

I quite like Yoga with Adriene, but you might find her videos to beginner-y. The person with whom I live in sin and I also like Leigha Butler - she may have escaped from the circus. Her videos tend to be more challenging. Both are on Youtube, but I think also have separate subscription sites. I also really like Eoin Finn, though I just have videos of his I ripped from DVDs ages ago.

Oooo!  Thank you!  I will check them out and report back.  :smile:  And welcome to the CHALLENGE!!!    Happy to have you.  Getting outside is a great goal, and I too am a hater of the heat and humidity.  I swear I'd be ten pounds lighter if our weather was ten degrees cooler.  

32 minutes ago, a_bear said:

I quite like Yoga with Adriene, but you might find her videos to beginner-y. The person with whom I live in sin and I also like Leigha Butler - she may have escaped from the circus. Her videos tend to be more challenging. Both are on Youtube, but I think also have separate subscription sites. I also really like Eoin Finn, though I just have videos of his I ripped from DVDs ages ago.

Welcome @a_bear!!! Great to have more inspiration and accountability. :) 

@VetchVesper my Cecilia Brunner climbing rose bush has blackspot, and I only got a few blooms from her after the spring which was so sad! I will just have to wait until spring to work on that bush though.  We planted some sage, thyme and oregano. The sage is hearty and in a nice big pot solo, as we use a lot of sage for brines and other things. The oregano and thyme are together, and we'll be able to bring that longer rectangular bed inside if necessary. We already had some rosemary in it's own pot, since it tends to take over. Gardening was fun yesterday, but I remembered the workout was sweeping the front and back yards due to squirrels taking all of our walnuts off of the tree and chewing off the fruit. They made a huge mess! 

Re: Yoga workout suggestions- I do Corepower Yoga On Demand. I think it's $20 per month, but my friend has the membership and she lets me use her login. Maybe you could split yours with someone? There are several options of types of yoga, but all based on vinyasa (breath to movement). They offer levels 1, 1.5, 2 and 3 so you'll definitely get your ass kicked with anything 2 and higher. There's also body weight sculpt yoga and sculpt which is the one with weights. They may offer some restorative stuff, but I just do some on youtube if I want something gentle. I am also naturally flexible, bordering on overextension which as I age is causing me some issues along with scoliosis. The teachers are great and walk you through the micro adjustments so you can really stay true to being in the muscle instead of the joint. I used to do their live classes, which were in 90 degree heat rooms. I have to say, I like doing it at home without heat so much more. You can also choose your class length! 30 or 60 mins and I love that option. 

@Amazonia OMG with that COVID crap at your husband's work!!! GRRRRR. Hope he is ok! ❤️ 

@Lucchesaso relieved for you guys! Glad he is clear of the vid! 

Today I wore some 10 year old Snake Oil. WOWEEE it was strong. It almost made me sneeze a few times after I built up some heat during my yoga body weight sculpt class. That was 30 mins. This class had a lot of squats and lunges, and it was really good! I was super restless so I took my lunch break a bit early to workout. My husband bought me a speed jump rope which arrives today, so I'll be trying that too!

I'm extra grateful for this community, and to now have workout buddies is AWESOME! 😍

Yay, welcome @a_bear!  The more, the merrier!

This morning, I could still smell the NAVA Vamp Patchouli Bat that I wore yesterday, so I layered Question Mark over it.  I tend to turn any vaguely unisex fragrance into "brawny manly-man", so I did brawny manly-man things today: 20 minutes of weightlifting, 4 x 25 squats, 4 x 25 reps on my Ab Coaster, and 30 minutes punching the heavy bag.

Afterward, I push-mowed our yard, then mowed the neighbors' smallish front yards on either side of our house.  Both are single women...one is a nurse, and the other is a high school teacher.  Even though I'm a chick, I felt very gentlemanly doing that while wearing my "brawny manly-man" scent 😉  But really, I just wanted to do something nice for my frontline neighbors.  

All of you Yoga enthusiasts make me wish I was stretchy and bendy!  I am def going to check into some of the program recommendations mentioned.  Working on my flexibility is probably a necessity at my age.  

@Madame Mew Aged SO is my favorite yum-yum!  

Edited by Amazonia

Welcome, @a_bear!  Hi, everyone!  Good workouts!  @Amazonia, my daughter has a heavy bag in our basement.  It was what she asked for for Xmas last year.  I have no idea what to do with it so have just left it alone, but she uses it regularly.  I like wearing manly man scents, too; she tends towards softer and sweeter (Daybreak and Irish Coffee Buttercream are favorites of hers).  @Madame Mew & a_bear, thanks for the yoga suggestions!

Today's WOSOTD:  A Demonstration of Affectionate Excitement.  It happens to be the first scent in my decant box, and I kept it but never reviewed it, so I'll remedy that now.  It started off woody, then softened and sweetened quite a bit.  A friend I hadn't seen for a while wanted to walk the lake, so I rode my bike to meet her, and we did the 2.8 mile circuit at something more like a stroll than a workout rate for me.  But it was a gorgeous sunny day and was wonderful to be out.  Then I rode my bike to the post office and back home, which got my heartrate up more.  And after that I walked a few blocks to a friend's house because she wanted my dog to check her backyard for raccoon smells.  Abby decided the raccoons had moved on. 

Today's scent is Startled Toad.  Appropriate, since I was startled during my walk by a random dude chilling under one of the bridges along the bike trail.  I didn't see him until he loudly exclaimed "HI!" and it damn-near scared the pee out of me.  He looked like Klaus from Umbrella Academy (Mmmm, dreamy).  Luckily, he did not throw his dick at me.  Ba-dum-chee  🥁  You gotta google the label art if you're unfamiliar, then you'll get that joke.  

As far as the scent itself, it blended pretty seamlessly with the various nature smells outdoors.  I could not detect it during my walk, but I can faintly smell it now.  My skin is sucking up everything I apply lately though, so that could be a factor as well.

Thighs were sore this morning, so I hung upside down on the inversion table for 5-ish minutes, which helps stretch things out a bit.  

Did the doggo mile routine.  Dropped him off at home, then headed out to the bike path.  I set out in the opposite direction along the path today, and walked the one-mile trail through the park at the head of the path.  After that I turned arounded and completed my normal four mile route, then home.  My solo walk was 5.5 miles, so 6.5 total for the day.   

Ooh!  I can smell Startled Toad more strongly now!  Slightly sweet, slightly musky, slightly resiny...I really like it.  

And guys...my thighs are already looking a little smaller and less jiggly.  I need to try on my jeans and gauge my progress.

All, I am following this exercise and your discussions with much joy, but haven't posted because my capacity to work out right now is very limited. I was, however, inspired by y'all to get on the treadmill and walk a mile on Saturday night. I was wearing an assortment of scents as I do nearly daily, but particularly You Get What Anybody Gets - You Get a Lifetime. Which, by the way, was not very nice for the first hour before settling into something alluringly woody without being pine or cedar. I'll try to post whenever I can get a workout in--currently limited by working too much and a lingering shoulder injury that has flared up pretty badly recently. At the start of the lockdown I was running a lot outside which felt great, but work was slower and my shoulder was less of a problem then. Would like to get back into a regular workout schedule though.. 

58 minutes ago, Seajewel said:

All, I am following this exercise and your discussions with much joy, but haven't posted because my capacity to work out right now is very limited. I was, however, inspired by y'all to get on the treadmill and walk a mile on Saturday night. I was wearing an assortment of scents as I do nearly daily, but particularly You Get What Anybody Gets - You Get a Lifetime. Which, by the way, was not very nice for the first hour before settling into something alluringly woody without being pine or cedar. I'll try to post whenever I can get a workout in--currently limited by working too much and a lingering shoulder injury that has flared up pretty badly recently. At the start of the lockdown I was running a lot outside which felt great, but work was slower and my shoulder was less of a problem then. Would like to get back into a regular workout schedule though.. 

Every little bit counts! Hope your shoulder feels better soon! You Get What Anybody Gets sounds very intriguing.

Well, today's scent was going to be Gnome until it decided to punch me in the sinuses with balsam and smoke, so I went back to Hay Moon, which I really just want to live in at the moment. I guess it's not the most inspiring scent, unless you are inspired by the idea of the baked goods you might crave after a workout (or anytime, really). It was looking very ominous at workout time, so I did a Fitness Blender video. It was leg day, and I am now a puddle. I recommend their videos if you're looking to mix up your routine - some of their programs are on sale for the price of an imp at the moment, but you can also find them for free on their site and on YouTube.

33 minutes ago, a_bear said:

Every little bit counts! Hope your shoulder feels better soon! You Get What Anybody Gets sounds very intriguing.

Well, today's scent was going to be Gnome until it decided to punch me in the sinuses with balsam and smoke, so I went back to Hay Moon, which I really just want to live in at the moment. I guess it's not the most inspiring scent, unless you are inspired by the idea of the baked goods you might crave after a workout (or anytime, really). It was looking very ominous at workout time, so I did a Fitness Blender video. It was leg day, and I am now a puddle. I recommend their videos if you're looking to mix up your routine - some of their programs are on sale for the price of an imp at the moment, but you can also find them for free on their site and on YouTube.

Thanks! And I am totally team Hay Moon '20 and totally get wanting to live in it. It's such a beautiful, comforting scent and my favorite release this year (so far). 

You Get a Lifetime really tests ones limits with the oudh at the start, but I'm definitely going to retest. Despite the wet stage it might be worth a bottle. I also just love the name. Though I'm trying not to hoard things for the sake of hoarding them.. Dreams Shape the World, also part of the Sandman collection, has a beautiful oudhy lavender too that I like and might upgrade for a sleep scent.

For workouts I think something like Dorian would be lovely, but I'm constantly testing new things as I buy my way through the pandemic (just BPAL)..

@Seajewel Welcome!  Any progress is good progress!

I missed Hay Moon and am sorry.  It seems to be very popular.  The champaca kept me from trying You Get a Lifetime; it rarely agrees with me.  But I LOVE Startled Toad.  Maybe I'll wear that tomorrow.  Good workouts, everyone!  And @Amazonia, frankly I wouldn't want to encounter Klaus under a bridge.  

Today I had a busy day and knew I had to grab a workout this morning before my lecture.  I managed to get in a 20-minute half walk, half jog.  And halfway through I realized -- I forgot step 1!  I didn't have any perfume on.  :sad:  I went home and applied Cat Event Exorcist.