Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Walking My Daughter to Class

This Dorian variant isn't as lavender-heavy or sweet as The Serpentine. It actually starts off being really citrusy thanks to the bergamot and Dorian's white tea, and these notes float on a cloud of Dorian and vanilla. The lavender and oakmoss become more prominent with wear, especially the moss (I amp that note), but I'm still getting lots of bergamot, which smells kind of sharp alongside the moss.

I loved the early phases of this but am not as fond of the scent later in the day (when it becomes sharper), so I am going to see if aging helps smooth that bergamot and moss combo over. If not, I'll have to wear this one in a scent locket. :cthulhu: 

If you love a Dorian variant, put this bottle in your cart. Buy it. 

What a beautiful combo. It's definitely not The Serpentine, but it's a slightly more mature sibling (and maybe slightly more masculine with the oakmoss/bergamot moment). I love this Lilith lavender, and the bergamot and tea giving a citrusy salute makes think of Paper Phoenix briefly before it moves onto the bourbon vanilla note (and I'm a fool for the lab's bourbon vanilla in the right combo). This is one of those right combos. It ends up nice and neutral on me at dry-down with the Dorian, Lavender, and Bourbon Vanilla present, tempered by the bergamot/oakmoss.

My biggest gripe is that this lacks staying power. It didn't become sharper for me, it just went MIA. I'm a dabber though, so I may just need to slather a bit more? 

I really enjoyed this scent, it may be backup-worthy. 

Yup. I will echo what has already been said: if you love Dorian, don't miss this.

In the bottle: All Dorian. 🙂

On my skin: Dorian and bergamot 💜, then a hint of lavender, then a bit of oakmoss. 

Eta: I'm not sure if I actually like this or if I'm trying to like it because I typically love Dorian scents? Eh. I think the bergamot here is misplaced.

Eta2 Jan. 10th: the vanilla in this has become very prominent, which I wasn't expecting, and it is very sweet. I quite like this.

Edited by HerbGirl
Vanilla!

Lemony tea with a little freshly-grated bergamot zest, sweetened with a smooth vanilla. I’m not getting any oakmoss (which is A-OK with me), so I think it’s more of a grounding element for the blend. This is a beautiful Dorian blend.

This was quite pretty and would be a win for most Dorian lovers.

On me, Dorian led the other notes in strength, but the orange-bergamot, lavender, and bourbon vanilla were close behind. I never noticed oakmoss.

This blend is sweet, and almost made me think I'd layered Dorian with Pere Noel -- but this smelled more fresh and less candylike.

Bergamot, citrusy Dorian and a whiff of lavender. This one is basically a more citrusy and vanilla Dorian to me. Good throw and wear length.

Yep, very Dorian! It turns play-do on my skin for a long while, then dries down nicely. However on a cloth it is very Dorian but sweeter, and lifted? Like how Theodosius is testosterone oomphed, this is sweet oomphed? It's very unisex and gorgeous. I'll have to use it in a scent locket also, but definitely keeping the bottle.

Wet: Dorian with bergamot and white tea! A bright, citrusy Dorian mix, with bergamot being the strongest note.

Dry: The bergamot and Dorian are blended together better now; it really is a fresh citrusy-tea version of Dorian. 

Perfectly splendid! My favorite of this year's Lilith's that I've tested so far.

You know how sugar cookies often have a little lemon in them? This smells like lavender sugar cookies in the imp. On my skin, it gets brighter and the bergamot and tea both get stronger, but it still retains that slightly sweet cookie aspect to it.

Lovely!  To me, this feels like the offspring of Tattered Lace & Paper Phoenix. It has a bit more zingy citrus than Dorian but is very much in the same family with that smooth vanilla finish. I'm so happy that I blind-bottled this one!  :luv2:

eta: I bet this will go really well with Platinum Wig Spray...

Edited by alterosen

I never thought I'd find a scent where vanilla didn't amp on me, but I have. This is a very sharply citrus Dorian on me. The white tea and bergamot drown out everything else and I don't get much nuance. This is like Dorian following Kumiho to class.

YES!!! This is exactly what I was hoping it would be: something less sweet than Dorian, with the best parts of Theodosius. Bottle upgrade! (darn. never mind that. see below)

Edit: I was wrong about it being less sweet than Dorian. It appears to be a different kind of vanilla, a very marshmallow-fluff type vanilla.

This failed my slather test - too sweet for me.

Edited by rawgirl75

The Dorian is strong in this one.  Walking My Daughter starts off as a citrusy Dorian, with the bergamot and white tea notes prominent, floating on a cloud of marshmallow vanilla.  The tea fades, and while lavender never lasts on me, here it doesn't even really show up.  So bright citrusy marshmallow Dorian.  Sweet and spirit-lifting.

Took a little while before I could pick out Dorian, so at first it was heavy vanilla bourbon and lavender. I can't detect the oakmoss and bergamot but that's likely due to me not being familiar with those notes. But once it dries completely, it's a Dorian lavender vanilla dream.

This is a really nice blend. Starts of heavy and strong but mellows out to be beautiful. I'm still a little undecided if I will upgrade this yet, but this is perfect for those who adore Dorian.

Just received this today. At first all I could smell was the lavender, almost similar to TKO. (Might I add I’m smelling this straight out of the mail.) The lavender eventually calms down and then the sweet vanilla comes through. I’m not too familiar with Dorian, but this is a beautiful scent. 

Such a light vanilla lavender!! There is a sparkling sweetness with a hint of Dorian. Sadly, it was gone within an hour on me. Gone like it had never been on my arm! This may be good for drifting off to sleep. 

This very much smells like lavender white tea, extra-poofy and vanillic, with some beautifully aged Dorian emerging as it dries down. I was in love from first sniff, and am loving the drop of bergamot that is giving a not-lemon-but-better kind of limey fuzziness to the blend, as anyone who has smelled bergamot will attest to. I love how limey it gets over time, just like Lilith's First Concert, and how lime is not the top note but a beautiful grounding middle, as bergamot usually behaves for me. 

I also love how aged and just in general how amped this smells. Every note in Dorian is super extra here! So much fluffy lavender, so much vanilla, so much delicious white tea. The one note I'm not getting - and I'm so glad! - is oakmoss. French oakmoss must be very kindly, because it's not assaulting my nose like oakmoss usually does. I am so happy about that. But someone who's hoping for a strongly oakmoss blend may be disappointed?

On the other hand, anyone who wants aged Dorian will want to check this out for sure! Everything about Walking My Daughter to Class was a major win for me, and it's one of my favorite releases from 2020 period. Treasuring my bottle ❤️ 

Love the bergamot, which is good because there's a lot of it. Severin, more than Dorian, is what this reminds me of a while in... Alas my beloved Severin, we hardly knew you. 

Wet: The familiar lemony-tea-sugar of Dorian, with something tempering it slightly.

Drydown: Sweet, creamy, and citrussy, like a very sophisticated lemon meringue pie. Bergamot, vanilla, and Dorian share the spotlight evenly, with lavender and oakmoss granting just enough of a nod to gentlemanly cologne to dial down the foodie factor and amp up the sexiness.

Dry: It's basically Dorian reformulated to work on my skin the way it works on most everybody else. Soooo sexy and delicious. It's gorgeous!

9 out of 10 bones

I don't know how I haven't reviewed this, by fill level this is probably one of my most worn scents, it's easy to throw on and works for almost any occasion.

It's dorian adjacent, but on me this has a lot more of an herbal note, with the citrus rolling into that for sort of a hazy green scent with a heavy dash of vanilla, it's a fantastic neutral for that "oh you smell lovely"  but not obviously perfumed scent. At least compared to some of the stuff I usually pop on.

There's not a ton of throw on me, but it lasts long enough to catch it through the day, would absolutely recommend trying to track a bottle down for anyone who's a fan of dorian, or just for something light and easy, this is well on it's way to being the first bottle I'll have run through from full just for the sheer versatility of it.