Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Since this photo is from November of 2019, we decided to make this a pumpkin and gingerbread waffle scent washed down with coffee and hot chocolate.

This scent would be at home as either a Weenie or a Yule. Equal parts gently-spiced gingerbread and pumpkin bread, to my nose, with just a weeee gentle hint of coffee. 

In the bottle: Pancakes! More like pancake batter in the bottle.

Wet on my skin: MMmmmmm, pumpkin pancakes. Or pumpkin bread. And just a whiff of coffee. Mmmmm.

Dry: Okay, this is already shaping up to be one of my favourite foodie scents in a while. SO GOOD. It's true-to-life, doughy, warm pumpkin waffles and gingerbread, or spiced pumpkin bread (pumpkin-gingerbread?) with a hint of hot cocoa and black coffee. This smells like an IHOP meal at midnight, on a -10*F winter night, when my dad and I used to stop and have breakfast for dinner after our holiday Chorale concerts, which are now cancelled by COVID indefinitely. When pumpkin pancakes are in season, of course. Heck, it's making me a little sad now...but also really, really hungry. 

Edited by DiesMali

Gingerbread, pumpkin bread, and whiff of coffee. This smells like a comforting fall/winter blend. Foodie, average throw, good wear length.

Been a while since I have reviewed any scents, BUT when I saw this one, I HAD to have it! Anything with coffee, chocolate, gingerbread and pumpkin!! And with ALL of these, insta buy!  I get every note sniffing in the bottle... and on,  I get gingerbread, pumpkin & coffee...not so much the chocolate note, but any chocolate scents seem to disappear on me, but this is so amazing! This is a comfort scent and perfect for cooler weather. It has medium throw on me. I recommend this for any gourmand/foodie lover! 

In the bottle, I could smell the chocolate in this pretty strongly, as well as pumpkin and gingerbread. Wet on my skin, there was no chocolate but a bit of coffee and a lot of pumpkin and gingerbread. It smelled so delicious and breakfasty, like a perfect autumn or winter breakfast.

Once it dried, for me it was almost entirely gingerbread with a hint of pumpkin. The beverages disappeared altogether. Still wonderful and warm, deliciously foodie. It had a large throw on me. My husband said he could smell me from all the way across the house. It also lasted overnight. I woke up still able to smell hints of it on my wrists. Well worth the purchase!

Okay, something about this called to me and I almost blind bottled, but I downgraded to a decant while agonizing over my must-have list. I should have gone for it, because it is *delicious*.  It goes on with an immediate blast of coffee, but doesn't go barnyard the way coffee sometimes does. Then there's pumpkin and spicy gingerbread and slightly doughy (but not too doughy) waffles, except nothing is too much, it all mixes into something positively delectable. After never buying any pumpkin scents, I went and bought a bunch off the secondhand market and felt like I had more pumpkin than I need in my lifetime, but this is one I'm going to be happy to add. The Liliths this year have been out of the world, and this one is another in the must-have list. No chocolate on me, which is good, as chocolate tends to go funky.

ETA: I think at the very end of the day the deep drydown has hints of barnyard or bitterness, which is something, for example, Guatemalan Coffee Bean SN did on my skin, but overall it's so well blended and everything harmonizes and it was so worth it. Did not happen the second time though, although I do prefer the initial stages to the deep drydown, it's still good, just faint after a while. 

ETA2: Waiting is just SO GOOD. It might be the best pumpkin scent I've tried and by that I mean the pumpkin is there but not the star. It's such a perfect blend of coffee, dough, pumpkin, spice, without being too strong or sharp in any direction. Every time I apply it I am amazed. 

Edited by Seajewel

In the decant: I'm getting a super buttery waffle infused with pumpkin and gingerbread spices, backed by some coffee and chocolate.

On me, the buttery, spice-infused waffle reigns. I was afraid the spices in this would be overwhelming, since There Arose Such a Clatter also featured pumpkin and gingerbread, and it was a spice bomb on me. But that is not the case here. I was also afraid of how buttery it was from the decant sniff. It is pretty buttery on me (like a butter-slathered Eggo waffle, if it contained pumpkin and gingerbread spices -- more gingerbread than pumpkin), but not overwhelmingly so. The coffee and hot cocoa are confined to background roles throughout wear, although there's a moment when the waffle dough and chocolate kind of make me think that this is a much more buttery cousin to Weihnachtsmärkte.

I'll have to wear this on its own for a full day to determine whether or not I need more of this, but the decant is definitely a keeper. :) 

On me, I'm mostly getting pumpkin waffles, but I'm not complaining. There isn't much spice or coffee, to my nose, just a fluffy golden waffle smell. I can smell the coffee in the background if I look for it. This brings back good memories, so I'll definitely hold onto my decant. ❤️

In bottle, gingerbread waffles (faint, mild gingerbread) and dark chocolate syrup all over the place.

On me the gingerbread calms down quickly and I get mostly instant cocoa with a little bit of tame gingerbread waffle batter and chocolate syrup. Still good, though I have another favorite cocoa blend.

I have loved this since first sniff weeks ago, but now is finally the time to review my favorite Lilith!

Gingerbread is super strong when first applied, but it blends in beautifully with the pumpkin and coffee notes. I personally can't smell the hot chocolate, but it could just be that the other notes are overpowering it on me. Pumpkin doesn't stay long on me either, so for the most part it's pumpkin spice gingerbread and coffee. There's also a faint butter note on me too.

It's the perfect breakfast scent! If you can only pick up one Lilith scent this year, I highly suggest trying this one if you love BPAL's foodie notes like I do. This would also pair wonderfully with the Pumpkin Latte Hair Gloss if you have it!

HOW!? I am so amazed at how delicious this smells. I bought this decant for my foodie best friend, but I decided to try it because, what the hell!? None of these notes are something that I would go for, besides maybe pumpkin as long as there were no spice notes listed. This will officially be my first foray into a gourmand full size BPAL. This is making me so happy. The staying power and throw have gone strong for hours! 

This smells delicious! In the imp, it smells of gingerbread, and buttery pastries, and coffee, but not black coffee. On my skin, it smells of gingerbread and pumpkin spice, with just a hint of coffee. I don't get any chocolate. Honestly, this smells exactly like walking into a cafe in late autumn, right after a fresh batch of spiced waffles have been made. It's too gourmand for me to actually wear, but if you love extremely foodie scents, this is a must.

More gingerbread waffle than pumpkin, although the pumpkin is there. The coffee tones down the spiciness of the gingerbread (I’ve tried other gingerbread blends that were too spicy) I’m not really getting hot cocoa, just the waffles and smooth coffee with plenty of cream. This is like building the perfect bite at brunch...it’s all there! Might need a bottle!

Okay, this is reminding me of what I wanted There Arose Such a Clatter to be! It is wonderfully sweet and settled six months later, lots of sweetness cut by the spices of the gingerbread and bitterness of the coffee. I think gingerbread is what stands out to me, but it really is in a waffley kind of breadiness; fluffy and eggy and griddled. A bit of pumpkin puree is mixed into the batter but it's not very strong or prominent. Honestly, the gingerbread and pumpkin spices completely meld in my nose and are almost indistinguishable. The hot chocolate is creamy but a minor player here. Do not fear the chocolate spectre!

I thought this was too sweet when it arrived, but after aging, I am enjoying this so much more, now that the spiciness keeps it in check. I want more of it. Dangit!