Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Dragon Slide

Buttery cake and chocolate Andes mints fresh on, with a bit of true Lick It! like peppermint candy coming to the forefront.  The Andes mint chocolate fades pretty quick, perhaps that's the white chocolate angle, and then it gets some of the buttery vanilla ice cream notes like Detestable Putrescence, but then it settles and still gives me a strong Andes mint vibe.  Weirdly, after the initial whoosh of the ice cream richness, it goes a bit dark chocolate dry again and then...

Oh, yes, this is Thin Mints.

Oh maaaaaaan

<review ends abruptly>

Thin mint ice cream.

This is perfect. I was hoping for a certain kind of foody peppermint and this is exactly what I wanted. The chocolate isn't the honeyed cloying sort, it's just nice. Peppermint is the star here but is softened around the edges by a bit of chocolate and some ice cream. Delicious. Dries down to sprinklecake ice cream 💖 

And then disappears. No longevity. Maybe aging will help.

Edited by HerbGirl

This makes me think of Christmas! It’s like crushed soft peppermints (the good stuff) over creamy vanilla and white chocolate ice cream. 

Crushed peppermint over vanilla cake. It reminds me to a foodier version of Lick It With Consent. I sort of am really digging this. Medium throw and wear length.

In the bottle: I'm getting sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet cupcakey notes. On, wet: Peppermint and white chocolate notes start to open up pretty quickly, along with a deepening of the "cake" note. Drydown: This dries down to a sort of buttercream mint frosting on me. Not what I expected but a really fun gourmand.

Absolutely delicious. Sweet, creamy peppermint chocolate, rather light, being ya know, white chocolate. Once on my skin I get more of a light vanilla cake note. Tempted to eat. 

Came for Thin Mint ice cream, but what I got is white chocolate chips folded into vanilla cake batter with an eensy drop of peppermint flavoring. Cute! The name/label got the Dragon Tales theme song stuck in my head, so now I have that association with this perfume.

I'm so glad I blind bottled Dragon Slide. :wub2: It features Lick It's peppermint candy, accompanied by some white chocolate (it's definitely white chocolate and not a milk or dark chocolate to my nose) and birthday cake ice cream. The mint is prominent, but not bracing -- it has a cooling effect, but it doesn't burn. The sprinklecake ice cream is stronger on me than the white chocolate, making it a creamy, cake-y minty scent that I'd probably put in the same mint family as Snowblind (the atmo, not the perfume oil, which smells entirely different to me -- the atmo has a rice krispie/yellow cake feel to it that I love). In other words, it's amazing.

If you love the Lab's mint scents, you need this one in your life.

Edited by doomsday_disco

When I saw this scent, I knew it would be my purchase from the Lilith collection this year. Peppermint and white chocolate? Hell yes!

Bu after testing it, all I get is super thick, gooey, uncooked cake batter with waxy sugar sprinkles. And it is dead-on. This is not a bad thing - I love sprinkle cake - just unexpected. The white chocolate and mint is nowhere to be found.

Oh well, I can always use more cake in my life. 

Edited by crimescenecleanup

Wet: Gloppy cake batter, and mint

Drydown: Holy Andes mints, Batman. There is an undercurrent of white chocolate, and still a bit of cakey goodness.

Dry: Predominantly mint.

Overall: On my skin, this is less sweet than the Lick It series. It is cheerful and refreshing, with minimal throw. 

First thing, the throw on this is really great! The scent starts off as white chocolate, but as it dries the mint ice cream gets stronger and almost overshadows the chocolate. I agree with the above reviewer that it's similar to Andes mints or even a Peppermint Patty but with less chocolate. It's not super sweet because of the mint. This is a nice mint foodie scent and I'm glad I picked up a bottle of this. It's gorgeous.

If you have tried Lavender and White Chocolate Madeleines from the Winter 2020 release, the white chocolate note is very similar. I'm sure this would also work well with Stitched Together hair gloss.

Really nails that “ice cream” scent.  Like walking into a Baskin Robbins. Minty, chocolatey -- immediately ordered a bottle after sniffing this decant!

From the reviews, I thought this one might be more Thin Mint / chocolate mint ice-cream - but it's very white chocolate, creamy mint, cake note, on me! Which is fine and lovely; I just thought it might be a 'colder' sort of scent, and this is oddly warm and friendly on me! The chocolate isn't terribly strong; it's a sweet mint cream ice-cream cake. I'd say it's more similar to a baked-goods or cake-batter + mint scent, versus something like the Lick It series, which are colder and mintier to my nose. (I do like those too, though!)

And if it's ice cream, really, it's the melted sort - like you've swirled a big bowl of mint chip around until it's warmed up and become more ice-cream soup, and then poured it over some buttery cake - but that's not a bad thing at all! I honestly really like it, but I do generally like mint and sweet.

Awesome Husband: "it smells like...like a marker I once had, as a kid. like, a good one! one of those scented ones. like the mint one."

me: ..........

Edited by splendidissima

Just realized I never wrote a review for this one?!?! It’s one of my favorite BPAL scents ever!! It’s the perfect foodie mint scent! The white chocolate is perfect, the mint sweet and soft, and the ice cream just rounds it all out. It’s a comfort scent for me. So good :wub2: