Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Two Frames

This is it. This is the sweet lavender Lilith scent that will be hoarded this year.

The buttercream-frosted sprinkle cupcakes are super sugary and realistic. Sometimes I mostly just get the frosting from the Lab's cake scents, but in this one, I can smell the frosting and the sprinkle cake itself. The sprinkle cupcakes are accompanied by more than a sprig of lavender, and it is GLORIOUS. Those hoping for just a hint of lavender might want to shy away from this, but those that adore Lilith's lavender will be in sweet lavender heaven. The buttercream-slathered sprinkle cupcakes and lavender intertwine throughout wear. After several hours, I get a syrupy, almost waffle-like sweetness to it like I did from King Cake, but I only noticed that in the crook of my elbows and nowhere else where it was applied (wrists and neck). I can't wear Sprinklecake, because it turned to playdough on me, but I didn't have that experience with Two Frames -- so if you, too, didn't have luck with Sprinklecake but are still tempted, this is worth a try!

If you liked Carry Me from last year, but like the idea of MOAR LAVENDER and smelling like a much sweeter dessert, you will love this. But I think fans of any of the sweet lavender Lilith scents will be happy with this!

One bottle will not be enough. :wub2: 

Oh good gravy. I 100% agree with doomsday_disco on how awesome this one is. This is such a lovely, happy scent that manages to be calming and gourmand all at once. To my nose it smells like sweet, fluffy lavender with sprinkles! It's a bit similar to Capax Infiniti in feel, but without the ice cream. The lavender settles a bit with wear and the perfect sugar cookie begins to shine through--sprinkles and all. I will treasure this scent! ❤️ 

The cake is amazing, but the lavender without heavier notes to weigh it down is something I can't pull off at all, very bright almost medicinal. I'm sure someone who loves the lab's lavender would be very happy with this.

Edit: Okay, with aging the cake and lavender are playing nicely. In fact, the lavender is often more of an icing flavoring than an in-your-face oil now. I'll still have to see if this goes off when I get hot but for now all I get is delicious lavender frosted cupcakes.

Edited by patina

I'm surprised this one doesn't have more reviews! It's probably my favorite of the Liliths I tried this year.

The cake in this one is a yellow cake, the same kind of cupcake from Pink Lovebird. Instead of the cardamom in that one, this one is topped with clouds of lavender buttercream. I agree with the other reviews that said this was a stronger lavender than you might expect! A lot of "lavender" baked goods have the merest hint of lavender, and that's absolutely not the case here. This is a strong, bright lavender mixed into sweet rich vanilla buttercream.

The lavender keeps this from being one of the Lab's excellent "this is basically just cupcakes" scents and makes it more interesting and wearable. It's like TKO + Cupcakes and I didn't realize I'd be so into that but apparently I am!

Vanilla delight! The lavender is so smooth and gentle that I didn't sense it at first on my skin (it is a little more detectable in the bottle but still quiet). The overall effect with the vanilla buttercream notes strangely slightly reminds me of vanilla pipe tobacco, which is probably just a personal scent association with a vanilla note in the blend. It is lifted without any sharpness, and deliciously sweet without being syrupy or cloying. BPAL doesn't often release vanilla-centric gorgeousness like this, I can see it being a beloved favorite in years to come!

TKO and Love's Philosophy had a baby and gave it a buttercream smash cake and I’m here for it! Everyone in the house plus the dog loves this one. Seriously, my BPAL-loving pup barked at me to give it to him. 

ETA: I am so smitten with this scent I’m considering my first ever backup bottle! It’s that good! 😍

Edited by LadyLuckless

Two Frames smells like super herby lavender in the bottle, but don’t let that scare you. It melts into a lovely, creamy gourmand on the skin. 

If you’re a fan of TKO, this is likely a safe blind buy for you. 

Opens with a burst of herbal lavender, vanilla buttercream frosting, and a slightly odd, waxy note that I think is the sprinkles.

The lavender is potent to start, but it settles back into its seat before long, present but relaxed. Lavender is chilling because it smells lavender.

I don't smell cake from the cupcakes, just lots of sugary buttercream frosting. Happily, the sprinkles lose their slightly chemical oddness as they settle. They smell waxy and candy-like, and even multicolored, and bring images of themselves to mind.

The blend fades quickly from its early potency on me. After about 10 minutes, it's a soft vanilla buttercream with faint hints of lavender and candy.

Herbal lavender, and notes of both woods and vanilla buttercream. It's creamy, sugary, lavender. Medium throw and wear length.

This is the best damn lavender BPAL I have ever tried. Its creamy and soft yet sweet vanilla cupcake lavender frosting gahhhh I need to order more asap

Sweet lavender cupcake frosting!!! The kind of buttercream frosting where you want a huge corner piece of cake loaded with generously piped flowers. The lavender is like Daybreak from another Lilith year, very calming and relaxing. This is absolutely delicious. 

I ignored this one at first because, yuck- cake. However, the reviews inspired me to order a bottle and I am so glad I did!  This is stunning!  I love it because it is mostly herbal

lavender beautifully blended with vanilla and sugar.  I don't get "cake" so much as a very creamy, perfect lavender.  I have not been so taken by a Lilith Lavender (and I usually grab 'em when I can) since  Serpentine.  

Lavender-infused vanilla cupcakes!  I think out of all the foodie Liliths this year, I prefer Metal Twins over this one, which is a bit more “Eat Me”, that is, it has a weird Fruity Pebbles vibe on my skin.  I might try it as a sleep blend though, focusing more on the lavender than the vanilla and cake.

Lovely sweet cake with vanilla, buttercream, and lavender. Reminds me of a more grown up version of Sprinklecake, with lavender added. I bought this to wear around my 5 year old grandson and to let him wear. He loves it. Sadly, my daughter does not. He told me "mommy said the one with lavender is stinky." Well I disagree and will enjoy wearing this lovely scent.

Edited by Poenari
Sprinklecake!

Delicious vanilla lavender cake. Weirdly, the lavender isn't the strongest on me. It's definitely the buttercream and vanilla. Really good! Not sure why, but initially the lavender reminded me of mints like in Dragon Slide. I can't compared this to TKO since I have yet to try it, but now I am looking forward to it. 

Light, sweet cake with very herbal lavender. Beautiful onset, but is very fleeting on me. Disappears after a few minutes.

This is one of my favorites- it's freshly whipped buttercream with plenty of vanilla, paired with herbal lavender! The vanilla cupcake scent it there, but its smells almost like the cupcake was browned a bit in the pan before frosting it, if that makes sense! It's got a bit of that crusty caramelized cake stuck in the bottom of the pan if you overbaked it a bit. 

The longevity is fleeting for me, unfortunately, but it seems to be the same for a lot of the lavender based Liliths for me, so might just be a me thing? Definitely still worth slathering in- I adore this.

Very herbaceous lavender on one of those sugary sweet store-bought vanilla cupcakes. The frosting note smells dead on for those pre-packaged cupcakes you can buy in grocery stores. The lavender keeps things from getting too sweet, since it's more astringent instead of a soft floral.

I love this! It reminds me of TKO but with cupcakes instead of plain vanilla.

I got to try this thanks to a lovely forum friend, you know who you are, thank you!  

I do get the comparisons to TKO and that makes me happy!  

I love Lavender & White Chocolate Madeleines and it's hard not to compare the two, but Two Frames doesn't have that magical middle and late phase that LWCM has.  I think I would almost always reach for that over this, that scent spoiled me.  Two Frames fades a lot after the opening, maybe that makes it a better sleepy time scent since I'll be asleep by the time it fades..  Hadn't thought of it that way but I think that's the way to go with this one.  To the bedside table it goes! 

This was a very soft cupcake scent on me with a nice dose of lavender. Sadly I’m kinda over lavender for now so I’m letting this go. If the cupcakes were the dominant note I’d hold on to it. Perfect sleep scent for lavender lovers. Lower throw and staying power. 🌿