Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Rose Quartz Bedroom

Rose Quartz Bedroom is evocative of a rose quartz glittering in the light. I get pink roses and sparkly white musk from this at first, with touches of lavender, vanilla, and saffron, but those notes gain some strength after several hours of wear, significantly softening the scent and making it a little less rose-centric. It's a sophisticated, yet youthful rose scent that also manages to be really comforting because it features the best lavender and a floofy vanilla.

I'm happy I grabbed a bottle. :) 

This evokes an image of a high-end spa/hotel and I ain't even mad. I don't usually love roses, but this blend was too good to pass and I absolutely love it. When I want to smell fancy, but maybe not overly femme, I may grab for this one. 

It definitely gets better with time on skin, but I actually liked it from wet to drydown. The roses fade as it goes, which is fine for an anti-rose person. 

Really like it! 

This is so pretty! 😍 The combination of rose, white musk, and lavender starts out pretty strong; I found it clarifying and bracing at this stage, which wasn't what I had been expecting. But the sugary vanilla comes out as it dries down and turns the scent into this sweet, shimmery rose that I'd certainly imagine to be pink, like rose quartz. This is not as sweet and sugary as The Best Lies (I think the saffron and lavender neutralize those aspects a bit) and not quite as pillowy and gentle as Love from the Pickman series. But if you enjoyed those, you'll probably like Rose Quartz Bedroom, too. This is definitely one of my favorite rose scents I've tried so far.

Good grief this is gorgeous. And PINK. It smells like rose quartz looks. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist last night. Also, lots of throw. A little goes a long way! Another stunner.

I wish I got lavender from this!

Edited by HerbGirl

This is a pretty and clean pink scent. It does smell like it’s gleaming/sparkling a bit. I agree with feyofthefellwood in that it smells clarifying. The rose, white musk, and saffron read a bit lemony to my nose. It does soften and mellow a bit with wear. 

Edited by ellocentipede

Oh my gosh this is so lovely! As someone who has a very limited love of rose blends (and only from BPAL), this is another winner!

SO PINK! This smells like rose quartz would/should. When first applied, there is a whoosh of sparkle, almost effervescence, immediately following the first whiff, which is undeniably rose.  As it dries down, the notes are so well blended that I can't really separate the rest of them. It remains a lovely rose scent and never turns soapy on my skin. This is pretty, feminine, and oh so wearable for a young person as well as this grown ass woman.  I can't wait to upgrade my decant to a bottle! 

Pink roses, saffron, and a soft white/vanilla musk. This smells soft, innocent, and dreamy. Would be appropriate for a younger BPAL fan who is just dipping their toes into BPAL. Slightly powdery on the drydown. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: Sugary rose and white musk! Absolutely sparkling PINK.

Dry: As with most rose blends, this has gone a little soapy on me. That being said, it's still sugary rose, and has an ethereal touch to it. I'm not getting much lavender at all.

If rose blends work well on you, this is beautiful and worth trying out. Even though this ended up being a little soapy on me (ty skin chemistry), I'll be happily keeping my decant around.

I was prepared to compare this to Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs and it's not a bad comparison but this is more complex.

This is very clean, balanced and makes me feel calm, much like #2 Pencil. It's very girly, very simple, but I keep wanting to smell it. The saffron and lavender seem to do a good job of making this more than a pink powder puff. Lavender can turn into a tire fire on my skin, but this lavender seems to be behaving so far.

Someone else said this is the essence of pink, and I would tend to agree.  If some other rose blends are difficult for you to wear, this one is worth a try and may behave.  Usually saffron can't help but make itself known when it's in a blend on my skin, (hello! it's me! it's saffron!) but in this case it was just staying in it's own lane.  It's a well balance scent, but overall much closer (in my opinion) to many floral offerings out there from the big commercial houses and not the experience I come to BPAL for.

Super sparkly pink! A clean white musk, rose-tinted and a little lavender wisp. The lavender disappears quickly in me. As it dries, some of of the sugar, a touch powdery, comes into play. I don’t pick up on saffron. There was a touch of soap I was in the very beginning and it faded. 
This is more perfumey than I want it to be, yet still a very enjoyable scent. Very good throw & wear length. I slathered, and it’s kinda smothering me right now. 

Another Lilith I would grab if I wanted to feel fresh and feminine in the prettiest way. Someone get me a tiara!  :princess:

PINK!

Glittering white musk and very decidedly pink roses. I don't get any lavender and can't smell the saffron out right, but I can feel it scratching at the back of my nose. The vanilla comes out as it dries down and the rose becomes a bit less intense, but the sparkle doesn't go away. Very spa-day, B&BW spring/summer collection type scent.

I'm glad I tried this but I don't think I'll get a bottle.

This one is hard for me to describe. The white musk amps more than the other notes, but it doesn't quite take over. There is a soft, sweet rose hanging out with it. At times the rose and white musk almost smell a little like cherry blossom to me. At times the rose steps back and an herbal lavender mixes with the white musk.  This reminds me a lot of Right Atrium but with rose, or Pink Snowballs with white musk instead of snow. It's an airy, cool floral that doesn't go soapy or candy. I think this is what rose quartz would smell like. 

I was debating on and off about this one. I've seen a few spa related comments and very clean, spa like, office friendly scents aren't exactly my thing but... I love all the notes here and all things pink and princessy and this seemed like it could fit the bill.

Wearing it, I do get the spa comparisons, but think of a sparkly, princess themed spa than what I would normally consider a spa scent. I get the comparison to Pink Snowballs minus the snow note. It's a lot "safer" (as in, very mainstreamfriendly) than a lot of my usual favorites, but it's very delicate and dreamy, making it a lot more interesting to me than the usual office-friendly lineups I stray away from. The soft rose, white musk, vanilla, and lavender all come together seamlessly. It's a very pink scent, but a pale, delicate pink, rather than the candy-like bubblegum gourmandish pink that I tend to associate with a lot of my BPAL "pink!!" favorites.

It's very calming, more than I expected, due to the lavender. If you want a soft, dreamy, airy, delicate princess-like scent, this one definitely fits the bill. I'll be keeping my bottle, especially for my bedtime rotation. It's relaxing, soft, and perfect for that feeling of being carried away by a cloud.

Edited by Kanra

Very pretty! I immediately get the sugary vanilla rose and musk when wet. As it dries, lavender and rose become stronger and the musk starts to fade. The lavender in this is my favorite, and I can see why it's Lilith's favorite too. It doesn't overwhelm the other notes, just compliments them. This could be a beautiful sleep scent! It's a very clean floral and I would suggest trying this if you love any of these notes!

I am not getting a bottle upgrade because I don't wear scents like this often, I'm more of a foodie, but this was such a pleasant surprise and I'm glad I got to try this decant. 

Why I bought this: rose is a toss-up with my chemistry but the rest sounds like it could be divine. Lavender and saffron and white musk are all scents that work well on me.
Wet: Rose! A very perfumey, nearly-soapy rose.
Dry: Soapy rose, very sugary-sweet and drowning out anything else. Alas.

I held off on reviewing it to give it a chance to age. Unfortunately this strong powdery sweet. It has potential on the right skin but just too much on me sadly. 

Did I honestly forget to review this??? Ok if you want lovely Rose Quartz pink princess sparkles, this is IT! A beautiful, gentle sweet blend that feels clean and youthful. Feminine and lovely, the rose is snuggled into that divine Lilith lavender, the vanilla adds sweetness and softness, the saffron must be doing its thing in there keeping it interesting, and the white musk makes it sparkle! I put it on before bed last night and I keep sniffing my shirt because it smells so dreamy. 🥰

Was on the fence for this one, but got it at the last minute.  So glad I did!  I was inspired by "Heart Shaped Beanie on the Metro" re the rose notes in this.  In the bottle: Rose, lavender, and something else that I didn't put my finger on.  On, wet: Aaah, there we go:  Very light white musk/skin musk and saffron come out, along with a sort of sweet note.  Drydown:  This settles into a lovely warm sort of rose/floral sugar skin musk kind of thing.  Halfway between child and young woman; very well crafted and evocative.

Edited by Threemoons

Note that this is also a great candidate for layering with other roses; layering with Elizabeth of Bohemia HG today and it is amazing.....

A whispery vanilla rose, gentle saffron, and I’m not really picking up any lavender. Ethereal. Very light and pink like the qualities of a rose quartz! A little bit like a shampoo note but not bad. Like a chic spa as Happicuppa noted.  Sadly my daughter spilled about ¾ of the bottle but I’ll be rationing what remains!

Edited by tinyvulture

I'm loving this, it's mostly rose on my male skin with just enough backing notes to let me know there's something else there.  I don't smell lavender or white musk as I usually think of them (and I never can pick out saffron, I'm not even sure what it smells like).  Oddly, on me this is borderline 'cologne' scent like a commercial men's scent, but I can tell from the other reviews that that would be an exception and not the norm.  

I do agree this has kind of a bath product feel but that is just fine with me.  Rose doesn't always work for me but this is one of the good ones.