Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Rattlecans and Sliders

Strawberry ice cream, just as described! The strawberry is ripe and bright pink, and is mixed beautifully into the sweet, creamy ice cream. I’m pretty sure that this is the best strawberry ice cream blend that I’ve come across—it evokes happy childhood memories for me. 

Strawberry, creamy ice cream goop, and a whiff of cake and fog machine smoke. This smells like a sweet strawberry ice cream with enough fog machine smokiness to keep it from just being a sweet strawberry cream scent. Medium throw and wear length.

Definitely creamy sweet confection, swirled with strawberry syrup, rather than fresh strawberry. The fog makes the scent go powdery on me, and the whole combo is not really working well on my skin.
I got a partial for my daughter, and she likes it well enough.  

Wet: Right off the bat is cake batter ice cream! Shortly after, I get a whiff of strawberry - agreeing with @artisjok, more like strawberry syrup instead of fresh strawberries. Not getting any of the fog machine juice. 

Dry: The strawberry syrup has come out on top! This is like strawberry syrup on top of vanilla ice cream. Still no fog machine juice, sadly.

Melted strawberry ice cream.

I don't get any cake or cake batter here, and I'm not sure what fog machine juice smells like but I'm not really getting any of that either. This reminds me a bit of Rope Pulley from the Lupers, it's a strawberries and cream scent, but where that one leaned hard candy this one is straight into ice cream.

It's nice, and if what you're looking for is strawberry ice cream it gets that job done (with plenty of throw and longevity, too!) but it's a little straightforward. I have more complex strawberry-heavy blends that I prefer, and Strawberry Sufganiyot is my go-to for strawberry foodie scents.

Sweet strawberry and vanilla cake batter :wub2:. I'm not picking up any ice cream notes and what little of the fog machine juice I can smell is in the background.

The strawberries scent almost reminds me of 2020 Aesthetic's raspberry note: it's more of an artificial scent and in this case I would agree with the strawberry syrup comparisons. It is the quickest to fade on me but it still lingers in the background with the fog.

If the fog machine juice was the main reason you were interested in this, sadly I don't think this would be a good match for you unless you already have Fog Machine Juice Single Note to layer with this. It's still a nice scent so I would suggest trying this out if you love cake scents and strawberries, or if you just want to smell like Strawberry Shortcake for the day!

This is so nice. I might need a backup or several. 

I definitely smell each of the notes. I was worried I wouldn’t smell the fog machine note, but I definitely do. It’s amazing. Kind of like ethereal, slightly ozonic smoke; fog if you will :lol: This is gonna sound weird, but it reminds me of the smell of a fountain or of the holy water fonts at a Catholic church mixed with barely there smoke. The fog adds a layer of intrigue to an already yummy-yet-wearable foodie scent. 

Somehow, the foodie side reminds me of Infernal Lover (no red musk version), which has always reminded me of strawberry cake a little. It’s smooth, creamy and rich with that slight salt note that all the best desserts have. 

Yum :yum:

Strawberry ice cream on a foggy night!!

I almost didn't order this one, because I have more than my fair share of strawberry ice cream and strawberry cream scents. But in the end I couldn't resist. The fog machine juice note made it "different enough" to try.

On my skin, unlike some previous reviewers, I actually do amp the fog machine note upon first application which makes me really glad to have a bottle of this one! It goes on as a very foggy, misty strawberry scent. It's not a very heavy fog machine that practically chokes you out, but a very misty layer of fog, intertwining with the strawberry. After a while, the fog machine note disappears and it becomes a lot more traditionally strawberry. I do wish it stuck around for the entire life of the fragrance, but it sticks around long enough on me. If I had the fog single note I'd layer with that when the fog disappears.

Overall, I really like this one. I'm a huge fan of the lab's strawberry note (one of my favorite notes by the lab, and BPAL definitely does my favorite strawberry). It does remind me of Rope Pulley (another favorite) and similar creamy strawberry/strawberry ice cream scents but the fog at the start of the perfume keeps it from getting too redundant. It's simple and straightforward, but nice. I'm definitely keeping mine, and might search out the fog machine SN to layer.

Edited by Kanra