Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Our Little Crypt Ghoul

Lilith among the graves waiting for the show to start: warm apple cider, wild sage and crushed grass, soft soil, big squirreltail, and dandelions.

As soon as I applied this, I immediately thought: Apple grass!

tumblr_msmieeiiPi1rebu6bo1_500.gif

I have been transported to New Earth!

Our Little Crypt Ghoul is all about the apple and the grass. It's a crisp, juicy apple without any spice, and it mingles beautifully with the grass note. There's only a hint of soil, far in the background. It's not an apple and dirt blend like All Hallows' Apple. The dandelion seems to be blended really well with the grass, so it's hard to pick it out.

Smelling this makes me happy. It's not the spiced earthy cider I thought it would be, but I am here for the APPLE GRASS!

Edited by doomsday_disco

This reminds me a lot of Sky City: Before—fresh, breezy, spring-green grass and a hint of dandelion fluff. I get a whiff of tart, green apple when first applied, but it quickly mellows into more of an apple cider (like cold, crisp, hard cider from a bottle). A refreshing and zingy green blend.

Oh, I like this. A lot. (Drat!)

Cozy but tart apple cider, dried sage and grass, with a little backyard dirt and dandelions.

A bit after drydown, it seems that there is also... a little light brown musk? Once this dries, I get occasional whiffs of soft, fuzzy, dry-grass musk that reminds me of Coyote. I wonder if "squirreltail" isn't just a grass, here...

But then that settles back into the blend, if it was ever even a thing. Ghost squirrel!

After that, this is a mild cider and dried grass blend. It's cider in a field, and it makes me want to drink a cold hard cider... in a field.

On me, the apple cider note in Our Little Crypt Ghoul takes over.  It's a very nice apple , reminiscent of the apple note in Samhain, but I was hoping for more of the dirt and sage and especially squirreltail.  I get apple cider against a grassy backdrop.  I'm going to keep the decant around a while to see if the other notes develop.  If you love fresh scents and apple, you need to try this. 

Our Little Crypt Ghoul is prominent on the apple cider and the grass, yet I’m also getting more nuanced scent of the outdoors mingled in.

It’s like a landscaped park right next to a forest, while the natural vegetation is turning and getting earthier, the park is pristine green, rolling  grassland. While strolling along the edge of the two, indulging in some apple cider along the way, a delicious breeze brings joy to my senses. 

This is heavy on the grass and apple, a very clean green scent. I don't think this really smells like apple cider to me, more like juice. There's a little dirt in here too but it's pretty faint to my nose. It doesn't last very long either, about 3 hours on me. I like it, I just wish the other notes would come through more (might help with aging) and the performance was better.

Since this is super duper grassy, I'd avoid this if you are mostly looking for apple cider and don't care for the grass note. This is a great scent for people who enjoy clean notes and would recommend this if that is your favorite kind of oils from BPAL!

Both in the bottle and after first being applied, there is definitely an apple cider vibe, but there's also a sharp note that makes it rather unpleasant. I think that's the sage, and my nose just doesn't care for the two together. It does mellow down to a nice cider-y scent though, and I don't think it wastes too much time doing so. There is definitely another aura around it that makes it not -just- cider -- so if you enjoy both cider and grass as notes, and want to see how they do together, I recommend giving this a try.

Apple soap. I'm sad. The grass and white musk and florals here give lots of soap vibes to me, and I'm not into it. Dirt, what dirt? This is just not a grassy, dirty, natural blend, sadly. Nor is it fruity or sweet. I actually like apple when it smells like real apple or apple perfume, and the dandelion note is really cute. Overall, though, the better notes can't make up for the overall effect of this way too clean, chemical-y apple. Happy I didn't blind bottle! 

I seem to remember being slightly disappointed when I first tried this scent, but I think I was just expecting something very different - mostly spiced cider and dried grass, and this is not that. Trying it again a year later, I really like it.

Mostly apple, grass, and sage. The sage & grass combo is very fresh and reminds me a bit of Mag Mell. Although the notes say warm apple cider, this cider is not spiced at all and smells more like cool, fresh-pressed apple cider to me.

I don't know what squirreltail smells like, but I don't pick up any dirt or dandelions.

When first applied it has decent throw, but it doesn't last very long on me.

Wet: Fresh apple crispness with something softer beneath it.

Drydown: Apples and... soap? *checks note list* Ah! The grass I'm guessing. Apples, grass, and just a soft, general feeling of fuzziness.

Dry: Darker once fully dry, with a bit of herbal sharpness. Still soapy and appley, but dry and earthy now too.

6 out of 10 bones