Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Interlude

I let this settle for a day prior to testing it, but I think it may need a little more time to sit, because right now, all I am getting is COOKIES. The cookie note is somewhere between a molasses cookie and a gingerbread cookie -- it's sweeter than a gingerbread cookie, so maybe it's ginger and molasses. There was a time when I thought I got a little lavender from this, but it wasn't much, and it wasn't as noticeable as the lavender in Gingerbread and Lavender Sugar. If there's leather and dust, they are buried underneath the cookie note.

I thought this might like Boots from last year but with cookies instead of crushed grass. This is actually really different. I'm hoping that the lavender, leather, and dust will peek out more once this has more time to settle, and if they do, I'll update my review! But if they don't, well, I'm not going to complain about smelling like a backpack full of cookies. :lol: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

This is very, very pretty. Gourmand, but not overly sweet. I get a lot of cookie, and it smells like warm snickerdoodles (flavored softly with cinnamon sugar, not spicy or overwhelming cinnamon) fresh from the oven. The leather comes through a bit with wear, and it’s a really nice smooth subtle base for the cookies. This leather is not sharp, it’s well-worn and soft and snuggly. Interlude is a very comforting and warm blend. ❤️

Lots of cookies, a sprinkling of leathery goodness, and lots of warmth and cosiness. Like clean, spicy, slight floral leather. I really like it!

as always when I try leather scents I hope for lots of leather. 

wet: COOKIES (gingerbready/snickerdoodle?)

dust and hint of lavender follow up quick

dry: it has soured (possibly a sour leather note) with a sharp astringent note, which overwhelms the cookies (though they are still there)

it does settle down fairly well to leathery cookies

*edit hours later...it actually wears quite well. it's a warm, fuzzy, comfort scent

Edited by Roogna

Starts off as very sweet cookies and dust. The leather darkens it as it dries, but it's not overpowering the other notes. Lavender comes out after leather fades some, but it is very faint. So on me, it's mostly cookie dust and leather. Not sure what type of cookies this is, my first guess was chocolate chip since I had previously tried Baby's First Chainsaw. But I think it's closer to sugar cookies than anything.

Not sure yet if this will see a bottle upgrade. I was hoping for more lavender since that and the cookie notes were the main reasons I sought out a decant. But this is still lovely and I'm glad the leather wasn't too harsh in this like it can be in some oils I've tried. So if you are interested in this but the leather note is scaring you off, I say go for this regardless! On me, the leather just added some depth and didn't overshadow anything except maybe the lavender.

I love it. I mostly get the dusty lavender and cookies. I can't detect the leather, but I like leather so even if it pops up that wouldn't be an issue. This is lovely and delicious; to my senses a soft and soothing blend recalling a bag of cookies you found in your pocket (or backpack!) that are still good.

CELERY.

I kid you not.

I think this is probably an herbal salty lavender, and underneath, maybe a whiff of leather? However, if I'm not paying attention to the notes, and just close my eyes, and sniff, I get CELERY.

Good throw and wear legnth.

Holy smokes, this is an interesting one! At first, I get a blast of sugar cookies (reminding me of Mr Nancy) and a smack of cassia-like spice. Whoa, I say... whooaaaaa, sugar cookie overload! But wait.. here’s the leather! On me, it’s a hot, dark leather but it’s not sharp or rude - it’s old leather, not the new and shiny kind. The lavender? Well.. I know it’s there, but it’s very subtle. 

This is is like Monsterbait Underbed with leather. Interesting, but not for me.