Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Cannibal Lady Macbeth

I don’t think she’s too concerned with that damned spot anymore: blood musk, velvet oud, 11-year aged patchouli, and black fig.

Came off the mail truck today, so may revisit later!

In the bottle: That's some THICC patchouli. 

Wet on my skin: THICC, sharp oudh and earthy-woody aged patchouli, with a hint of blood musk. The combination is actually rather leathery on me at this point. 

Dry: This perfume is not for the faint of heart, or of nose. It's also definitely something you should not get if you hate patchouli or oudh. If, like me, you like some stanky dirt patchouli, you're going to like this. :D This scent is basically "freshly risen from the grave zombie noblewoman who just had her husband for a midnight snack." Thicc, woody, earthy, leathery patchouli-oudh-blood musk with just a tiny hint of dried fig to keep it from being nothing but blood-spattered soil. It was almost too much even for my skin when wet, and I wear patchouli extremely well (I have at least 64 full bottles with some kind of patchouli in them, if that says anything). The first few minutes were concerning, but it's fine now! Still a very patchouli-oudh-musk scent, not a whole lot of sweetness.

If you like stuff like Zombi, Nosferatu, Graveyard Dirt, and other zombie/ghoul/grave type scents, you'll probably like this. 

Whenever I see 11 year old or 18 year old patchouli listed as one of the notes, it's an instabuy for me. This is one dark, syrupy, gorgeous, vampy scent. The patch and blood musk blend into that combination that I adore. The oud and fig balance it out, neither too sweet nor too dry. This scent is perfectly reflective of the young woman Lilith is becoming... no longer a baby goth, but an awakening of womanhood and the power that it brings. Definitely upgrading my decant to a bottle.

In the bottle--a kind of fruity patchouli? On, wet: A really gentle kind of oudh, and a hint of musk...fruitiness is definitely there; listed note is fig but I am getting some deep dried plum also. Drydown: After a few hours you're left with a sort of fruity musky patchouli. Not what I was expecting but loving it anyway!

In the imp: super gnarly patchouli and sweet fig. On my skin the fig gets even more syrupy, and a deep deep red musk (no DBR that I can detect) overtake the patch, which smooths out underneath. It and the oudh give this an almost woody base. Inky is a good word, and I agree with DiesMali that it is almost leathery. Dark and delicious.

Fresh out the mail! This is super dark, woody musk. I was expecting more fruit, but I do like it! I can’t stop sniffing myself. As it dries, I’m getting more purple feeling patchouli, if that makes any sense? I don’t have anything like this in my collection, so my half bottle stays! I think this will age beautifully, and would layer nicely with my SN Pomegranate or the fig trio. Really nice blend, especially without any resting. I bet this will be even better in a few weeks. 

This is very dark and murky, but there's a bit of a dark sweetness too, I'm assuming it's the fig, but it almost smells plummy to me. This doesn't have the sharp overwhelming-ness of the red musks I've struggled with though I can definitely tell it's in there. I suppose partly it's just that the other notes, mostly the oud I think, are keeping up with it. I'm usually a big fan of dark smells, but this almost feels too dark for me. But it is very smooth and velvety darkness. Scary, but intriguing. It feels like it might improve a bit as it dries too, because the red musk and the fig are coming forward a little bit more to lighten things up (red musk lightening something up is not a thing I expected to ever say, but it's true here).

First applied, patchouli and oud are basically the only things I can smell. It takes a few minutes before I can detect the fig and I'm still trying to find the blood musk that gets lost in the mix. Some aging might help bring it out or more rest. 

This is super strong even when dry, be careful not to overapply. And this oil is not for those who hate patchouli and oud since they are the strongest notes. 

This is just an okay scent for me. I like patchouli, but I think the fig or oud is making this not a winner in my book. I might try and age this a bit more before I decide its fate, but this was a neat scent to try out and I'm glad I picked up a decant. 

If you're looking for a unique, dark and slightly fruity scent I think this is perfect for you. The throw is pretty good on this too!

Wow, this is a sexy one. To me it comes on as a strong fig and smoky oud. Then the patch kicks in. There's a dark but fuzzy layer of musk grounding everything. Total winner for those who like musky dark scents.

Patchouli, musk, and fig. This one smell darker and figgier, with some smoky oudh coming out. Good throw and wear length.

An elegant, smooth patchouli.  Not the hippie kind.  Is that what aging it 11 years does?  It’s all grown up now.  I’m also getting the blood musk note, but it’s not overpowering, like it sometimes can be.  I’m not really sure what “velvet” oud is, and I’m not picking up any fig.  Also, I’m not sure what unconscious association I have with this scent, but I know I have one and it’s a positive one.

Edited by tinyvulture

Cannibal Lady Macbeth brings me back to Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, another Lilith with patchouli and cherry; there is definitely cherry in the blood musk here! In the bottle and wet on the skin, the two scents are quite similar, with a patchouli that reminds me of the smell of bread rising combined with a very good neutral cherry top layer - not too almondy, not cough syrupy at all. Red musk is there too, but through a bloody layer that is really fun. The oud is kind, and the fig is not very prominent here. 

The real magic, though, happens hours into wearing this one. A mystical panoply of spices sparkles on my skin in a deliciously musky aura. When testing decants, it was one of those situations where later on in the day, my shoulder was smelling AMAZING and I just HAD to know which scent was there. Well, of course it was Cannibal Lady Macbeth! I have never smelled anything with that exact seductive blend of spices - saffron, cassia, nutmeg, pepper? and I'm sure a bunch of others that I am missing - and it is FANTASTIC.

I adore this blend and especially because it is one that gets better and better the more it hangs out on my skin. It's rare for me that scents continue to develop MORE over the hours that I wear them; usually they disappear completely within an hour or two, or dry down to just the base note (patch, etc.). The spices must really be doing it for me, because I smell like a spicy goddess six hours after application. Yessssss.

Oh man, I have a love/hate relationship with this one. 

In the bottle, this smells exactly like cherry tootsie pops. Like, full stop. I get the chocolate and the heavy duty cherry. It is sickly sweet in the bottle and made me scared to try it for a long while. Finally I did, and I am cautiously optimistic about the drydown!

I think the key here is to apply it very cautiously, only a drop or two max! When it dries down, the sickly sweet cherry burns off almost completely, and leaves behind a very lovely, vampy, and sweet incensed patchouli. I would say that the patchouli is completely different than what I am used to- I love patch but this one is a different animal. Very spicy and almost reads more like cherry tobacco than the typical earthy patchouli with the cherry element in play. The drydown is very worth it for this scent, though when it is wet I honestly have to force myself not to scrub it off. 

Definitely love the way this scent settles, and one that you have to try even if you hate it in the bottle. One of the wildest morphers I have ever tried, and BPAL usually delivers in spades with morphing perfumes.