Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is so beautiful and well-blended! I love the Lab’s honey dust, and here it is beautifully complementary to the lavender cream and white patchouli. The white patchouli reads almost citrusy—it’s a light, grounding, woody presence that’s not as rich or stanky as other varieties of patchouli. 

This is one of my favorites from the Liliths I blind bottled, which is saying a lot because I had a great hit rate this year. It's really beautiful. The minute I put it on my eyes rolled back in my head. It's very much a cousin of the Skin Musk, Cream, and Honey Dust trio, but I like this better. There's almost a berry or citrus quality at the start, the lavender is very well-behaved (which has been true of all the Liliths I tried this year), the patchouli is not at all biting or dank (honestly, I don't know where it is in this blend, but I guess white patchouli is very smooth and mild), it all comes together in this beautiful blend that I just can't do justice to, except to say that it's a must-try. 

The gentlest lavender, sweetened by the honey dust. I can't wait to try this decant on my little grandson!

Sweet cream, honey dust (almost like Skin Musk, Cream and Honey Dust) and and a very soft herbal-floral lavender.

The puppy paws seems to be a soft "fur" musk, like in Ivanushka.

I'm not getting the white patchouli here, or maybe I'm not familiar enough to recognize it.

Wet: Whoa, this is beautiful. Warm honey dust, and a touch of lavender. The "puppy paws" note smells a lot like skin musk to me.

Dry: Close to the wet stage, but the lavender is harder to find now. Still, an incredibly warm, comforting scent. This is one I could see myself wearing to bed!

Harlow's Lace, is that you?

This features the same dark, thick, caramel/toffee-like honey note from Harlow's Lace (that is reminiscent of Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids). It is the only note I get from this for hours. When it finally calms down, I can smell a bit of lavender cream, and a touch of the white patchouli, which adds a little sophistication to the scent (it's the same one from Butterflies, Flowers, and Jewels Attending).

This won't be a bottle upgrade for me since the honey dominated so much on me, and I was here for the lavender cream. But it is sweet and comforting.

I seem to amp honey dust, though not regular old honey. In the bottle, this is a lovely, nuanced scent, with lots of the same milk note I love in Milk Moon 2020, toasty honeyed warmth, and a wisp of lavender. Unfortunately, on my skin, the honey dust turns to butterscotch candies and drowns out the other notes. I had the same issue with the recent honey dust trio. After an hour or two, it starts to get some nuance back, but it never loses the candied aspect. The wear time and throw are impressive. I just wish my skin would let me keep the way it smelled in the bottle.

Oof. This one is a nope. Honey is usually a deal-breaker for me, but since Etienne de Boray Oak worked so well for me, I thought this might too. I get a perfume-y lavender clashing with the sharp, sticky sweetness of honey. This one goes in the swap bin!

I agree that this is almost the same as Harlow’s Lace, without the cognac & labdanum twang. Thick honey dust and that puppy musk are overwhelming all else and mount an invasion against my nose. Thou shall not smell anything else!
I didn’t put it on, but my baby girl tried it. It was kind of charming for her to be wearing such a youthful comfort and toothache-inducing scent. Might keep the decant for her, but I doubt I will reach for it myself. 

White patchouli is the strongest initially but pretty quickly mellows out to let the honey dust through. Lavender is a little hard to pick out but it is there in the background, could just be my chemistry amping the patchouli. I have no idea what the puppy paws note really is, but whatever it is I can't detect it. Once dried, it's mostly a honey patchouli blend to me.

I like this better than I initially thought, although disappointed that lavender isn't stronger. I've tried patchouli from BPAL before in many blends, but I believe this is the first time I've tried white patchouli and now I'm eager to try more with that note.

Will keep the decant in case age brings out lavender, but I don't see a bottle upgrade. It is a nice and not overly strong scent, perfect for sleeping.

This smells beautiful and highly wearable in the bottle. Unfortunately, once it hit my skin something in this blend (I suspect the honey dust 😒) turns maple-syrupy. Such a shame. I love foodies, but don’t like to smell like maple syrup. There is a really nice, slightly suede-y note trying to fight through the maple syrup. 

I wish I got more of the lavender and white patchouli in my skin. I bet aging will fix this issue, so I’ll try to remember to report back! 

This is one of my favorite of this year's Lilith's batch. It starts off with lavender and quickly, the other notes creep in.  I mainly get honey dust, white patchouli and a smidge of lavender on the dry down. I think the puppy paws might be a type of musk which is blending well with the patch to ground everything. The effect is very well-blended, and somehow comforting.

I thought this one might be similar to Stinky, soft and baby powdery This one is all honey, though. Like really sticky, lush honey, with an herbal note from the lavender. I’m not noticing any patchouli, nor the Frito chip smell of puppy paws :) Just straight up lavender honey It’ll make a nice bedtime scent.

This is so not for me! The lavender cream is thick and sour, curdling very quickly on my skin, and too sweet and heavy when combined with the dusty honey. I can smell the cute "puppy" note from Pugsley and Are You Digging on My Grave?, and I'm hungry for it in a blend that lets it be the star or *A* star. I feel like more puppy musk and less (or no) cream would make this more of a winner on my skin.

Historically, the combination of white patchouli (a screechingly bright note) and honey is a punch to my sinuses, and while this is not that aggressive, it still is unpleasant to my sensibilities. It is totally my own aesthetic and not the blend's fault, but just important to note, in case you like or dislike this combo. In isolation, the notes in Boop are not dealbreakers, but collectively, it's all a giant nope. So so so glad I didn't blind-bottle this.

Wet: This smells delectable! Buttery, with the golden hues of honey coming together with the coziest creaminess.

Drydown: Soft and cuddly. The lavender lends its calming nature without adding much herbal or green to the mix. The cream is generously portioned and sweetened by just a drop of glowing honey. The patchouli lends warmth and grounding, but stays in the background. And call me crazy, but I think there really is some sort of puppy fur note!

Dry: Same as the drydown, only a touch more robust. A wonderfully adorable scent.

8.5 out of 10 bones