Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Booboo Eyes

Another gorgeous lavender blend! This lavender is clean, smooth, and herbal like French lavender. The sandalwood is a dry and subtle grounding element, and the lemon peel provides a zesty pop of citrus. A clean and soothing meditative blend.

I swear I've smelled this before. It's a very citrusy rose water and lavender with hints of sandalwood. ...

Wait, is this Gap's Dream? Or was it Gap's Om? Heck, I can't recall which one it was that smelled more floral. I think it was Dream. But that's what it reminds me of. 90s, teenage girlhood, and both a bright fruity floral and soothing. Honestly I might have to get more then.

This also smells really familiar to me, but I'm not sure why. It's youthful and soothing, but also somehow sophisticated enough that I don't feel weird wearing it. I think I mostly get sandalwood with a bit of something sweet and floral. I was worried it would go powdery, but it hasn't really changed at all since I put it on.

Wet: Lavender(on the herbal side), with sandalwood and rosewater. 

Dry: Everything smelled very "individual" on the wet stage, but when everything dries, everything blends together and it smells SO much better. Lavender, lemon peel, sandalwood, and rosewater - still no cognac. It's a sweet, somehow soothing, and also a very dry scent.

It's fascinating, and I like it much more than anticipated!

The lavender, rosewater, and lemon are the dominant notes at first, backed by the dry sandalwood. The lavender and rosewater combo are reminiscent of Blue Blankie, only this is a brighter scent, thanks to the lemon. It is evocative of the "unconvincingly sad face" in the description, with the lavender and rosewater combo being somewhat melancholy, and the lemon making the scent more playful. Over time, the sandalwood gains strength, and the scent becomes somewhat powdery on me. It ends up smelling like lemon squeezed over some dry, white sandalwood that's mingling with some rosewater after a day of wear.

I prefer this during the early phases of the scent, when the sandalwood isn't as prominent. It's not going to be a bottle purchase for me, as the lemon makes it too bright to be an effective sleep scent, and the powderiness I get from the sandalwood later in the day is a dealbreaker. I'm still going to keep the decant, though.

At first sniff this is LE-MON to my nose, but the lemon mellows and blends quickly. Husband smells the flowers. Roses are really tricky for me, but this is just the way I like them! The lavender, too, is really subtle on me, and that is NOT always the case. I love them all, but this one is tranquil and sweet, not a dry or sharp herbal. The package altogether comes off as clean cotton with a faint floral background and a trick up its sleeve. Unconvincing saddy face indeed! This is coy and feigned reserve, bright energy teeming just below the surface.  

Reminds me a lot of Lightning, which I love, but this lasts longer where Lightning leaves me too soon. Maybe the cognac weighs it down a bit more? Going on my full-size list. I will love this in the summer time!

Edited by groovyrooby

Starts off with lots of lemon, followed by the rosewater and lavender. It turned slightly minty on me but I'm not sure what note caused it. Sandalwood doesn't appear until well after it's dried down. It's a very pretty and calming scent! If you adore rosewater scents, I would add this to your wish list.

Not going to upgrade, but I'll keep my decant. This pairs especially well with Razors in a Doll's House hair gloss.

Wet: An innocent, nostalgic sort of scent. Soft, fresh rosewater with clean, comforting lavender. It reminds me of baby shampoo in a way, like baby shampoo glowed up!

Drydown: Youthful and pretty. Luscious botanicals deepened by sandalwood. I have to say, this is stunning. Each note is behaving and meshing perfectly with the next.

Dry: Clean and comforting, like being freshly bathed and lotioned. It smells like pure, old fashioned romance.

8 out of 10 bones