Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Banana Bread

This opens up with a quick pop of candyish banana, but that immediately settles down and the scent turns into the loveliest, very lightly-spiced banana bread with little chunks of walnut. This is a great comfort scent, and really nice for autumn in my neck of the woods (where it's just about always hot). Foodie, but not overly so.

In the bottle: Sticky-sweet, overripe mashed banana. 

Wet on my skin: Sticky-sweet, overripe mashed banana that quickly fades to a perfect, lightly spiced, warm banana bread. 

Dry: Mmmmmmmmmmm, banana bread. If you've ever smelled a really good loaf of freshly-baked banana bread with a little spice to it, you've smelled this. It's perfect. 

I smell the sticky-ripe banana-ness of this one even as I open it two feet away.

This opens as the stickiest, banana-est bread you might ever know. It smells too sticky to detach from my finger into my mouth.

As in DiesMali's review, the banana smells kinda overripe -- almost mushy -- but it's baked into a warm banana bread with a nice light spice to it. The spice and bread become more prominent for me as this dries. The sticky banana also settles down.

This is a fun gourmand blend.

I get classic banana bread that has just been set on the counter to cool. It's browned on the outside and dense on the inside. (Don't eat it yet; you'll burn your mouth!) It has great staying power and moderate-ish throw. 

A year or two ago -whever the last round of Chaos Theories happened - my CT luck held out and I received a *wonderful* Chaos Theory from the Lab that smelled like the BEST spiced banana smoothie of all time. I lamented at how frequently I really want bananas scents to smell like that - like fresh-cut real banana instead of banana taffy - and how infrequently that actually happens.

Until now. 

Don't get me wrong- I LOVE candy-like banana scents. So it wasn't risk-taking for me to pick up a bottle of this. 

BUT it's also a really, really pleasant surprise that I now get to have TWO banana scents from the Lab that have this similar real-banana scent in them! As it warms and then dries, the complexities of the perfume really shine, spices emerge and for those that are fond of the Lab's baked goods type of scents, you will want to run - not walk - to snag you summa this. 

In All: A cozy banana-bread-warm-foodie confection that will keep you cozy through the long winter months that lay ahead. ❤️❤️❤️ 

Banana Bread is a blast of banana teetering on the edge of being Laffy Taffy-like in the vial, but once applied to the skin, it does smell like a squishy, overripe banana before it turns into a buttery, nutty bread scent on me. The banana ends up being pretty faint on me and isn't as strong as the buttery bread and walnut notes.

I wish the banana lasted as long as the other notes on me, but perhaps this just needs a few more days to settle. It definitely smells delicious, though. :yum: 

This smells so warm-banana-y when you open it! Like fresh-baked bananas splitting out of their skins in the oven. The rest of the bready scent comes through soon afterwards. and it's sticky, sugary, flavorful goodness. Yum!

This is spot on! Already, after only having it for a few days, this is less laffy taffy banana in the bottle and pretty natural banana on the skin. Wet there's a bit of something sharp, almost a boozy note, but that goes away quickly as well.

Dry, this is a warm, sticky banana bread with walnuts. Some spice comes out, too, and I could see this being fun around the holidays! Again, just a spot on take on banana bread and definitely glad I got a full bottle. 

Edited by deadlyves

I decided to wear this on the day I'll be making banana bread and this oil does not disappoint. It smells just like bread and ripened bananas with a hint of vanilla and some cinnamon, possibly some other spices and nuts too but it's a little hard to pick out. The banana note itself doesn't last that long, around 30 minutes on me before fading into the background. But I don't mind it too much because overall the scent is still a winner in my book. The throw on this has also been fantastic, probably the best BPAL I've tried when it comes to that. Maybe because it hasn't been aged or because I put it in my elbows instead of my wrists?

I bought a decant of this and decided to grab a bottle on the forum before even trying out what I had, but I'm glad I did. Banana bread is one of my favorite things to bake and this scent makes me really happy. It's perfect for getting in the mood to bake and definitely one of my favorites so far from the Liliths!

Edited by fairybites
Just noticed I said Weenies instead of Liliths

Foodies are tricky on me, especially the bready ones.
I’m getting the artificial banana blast right away, then it skips away, leaving me with subtle spiced sweetness, a hint of the bread that I wish to smell like. 

Maybe someday I’ll find a blend that gives me the dense chewy sensation I’m craving... it’s not this one