Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Apocalypse Box

Apocalypse Box is a clean lavender laundry scent. The lavender and pajama cotton are the dominant notes for a while, and the cotton in this one smells nothing like Puppet Kitty -- it's very much the scent of clean laundry, like the smell you're hit with when you walk down the laundry soap aisle at the store (it also reminds me of the clean cotton note often used in wax melts). Eventually, the cardboard joins in, and it is super realistic! It really does smell like being surrounded by the walls of a cardboard box, which made me feel comforted. There's a fuzziness to this scent, too. I didn't get any tonka from this (my 'test' consisted of slathering it along the length of my arm before bed because I knew I would like it), but perhaps it will become noticeable with more rest or via the aging process.

I'm really glad to have a bottle of this, and I know I will reach for it often as a bedtime scent. But it's definitely one for fans of clean laundry scents.

This is definitely a clean laundry blend—and it’s a very pretty one! In the bottle I don’t smell much aside from the laundry, but on skin I get some of the sweetness from the tonka and a wee hint of lavender. It’s a clean and calming blend.

Clean, lavender-scented laundry. It's pretty and comforting and... IDK, kind-feeling? Like napping on top of the ironing pile, having just recently found the perfect fabric conditioner.

Wet: Agreed with previous reviews - this is fresh lavender-scented laundry.

Dry: Sweeter than the wet stage, but still a lavender laundry scent. 

I like this, but not enough for a bottle - I don't typically jam with laundry/linen/dryer sheet kind of scents. That being said, I'll definitely use up my decant as a sleep scent!

I don't get lavender at all but this the best smelling dryer sheet I've ever smelled.

I blind picked this one from the lab as my first Lilith. I haven't been reaching for it often because it's not one of my 'I am Woman hear me roar' bottles that I'm usually up for, but when I want it - I WANT IT. It's so fresh laundry pretty and I find it energy boosting and lasting. Crisp. Reminds me of being little and jumping in the laundry basket. So I really do love it and want to get a backup bottle because I would be really sad to ever not have my Apocalypse Box option. 

Clean lavender cotton. This one is definitely a lavender/white floral blend. Fresh laundry scent. Medium throw and wear length.

Hmm, the wet stage on this was very puzzling. It started out a very chemically clean scent, something I've never had happen with the oils I've tried that are similar to this. Maybe the cardboard or tonka was to blame, I'm not sure, but it was foul for a good bit. Eventually, it mellowed out to the clean laundry with lavender scent that I anticipated. But I'm not getting any tonka and the lavender is very faint.

Would recommend this for laundry lovers, not so much for lavender. Maybe aging will change this drastically and it'll come out more. No bottle upgrade for sure, hoping a bit of aging will fix this for me.

I love lavender scents for bedtime, and the Liliths are some of my most reached for bedtime scents.

I don't get a ton of lavender from this though, sadly, it's mostly laundry. It's lovely laundry though, clean and snuggly. I think it'll still be quite nice as a bedtime scent, it's just not as heavy on the lavender as I had hoped.

The "clean laundry" scent that is in Apocalypse Box is very different from Blue Blankie (one of my favorites, where the "clean" note is subtle but unmistakable). It really evokes the sense of thick flannel pajamas washed with fabric softener. Musky and a tad masculine. The lavender is hard to detect on its own, but it's definitely in there as a backbone to the laundry scent. I smell the cardboard too. Dry and clean with surprisingly good throw and staying power; I could still smell it very clearly after a shower. Unfortunately, it's not for me. I smell like I used a too much fabric softener, and not my favorite kind.

Edited by warriortwo

Oh my gods. Okay six months later, the things I felt about Apocalypse Box have only gotten STRONGER. This is Great Value laundry crystals, the kind that comes in a giant box with a scoop, plus a strong Kinkos/copy store vibe: a room full of copy paper, ink, warm machines running constantly. If you dig either of these smells, here's the blend for you. But it is so so so not for me.