Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

A Little Piece of Eternity

Lilith’s favorite city in the whole world. Clambering on a tire swing in the Garden District: rain-spattered olive blossom, Spanish moss, oak bark, and orris root.

This is very environmental.  Reminds me a bit of Halloween: New Orleans (the Atmo Spray).  

In the bottle it's all grassy oak, like the smell of dirt under a big tree in a park.  On me, it gets a bit of the dustiness from the orris root, and the osmanthus and/or olive blossom, kind of like the Panacea Succor... very calming, and a bit potent on the olive floral note.  It's a very distinctive, grounding sweet, slightly savory aroma.  It reminds me a lot of 'The Olive Blossom' mushy green soap from LUSH (which is amazing!).  The oak is still in the background being all oaky, and then with a bit more time, the olive blossom recedes a smidge to let the scent of Spanish Moss peek through, draping over the oak, which persists at grounding this in a very wearable, but still quite environmental fragrance.  

Oh this is wonderful. If Etienne de Boray Oak is the memory of an oak tree, A Little Piece of Eternity is the oak tree itself. I get lots of rain-soaked olive blossom, and this rain note is gorgeous. It’s not sharp or ozoney, but glistening and warm. Soft, dusty Spanish moss curls gently around the oak bark, and the orris elevates the scent and lends some sophistication and elegance. 

From this I got lots of olive blossom with touches of gentle rain, and some Spanish moss and powdery orris.

Curiously, oak was only a faint presence at our sniff-tests. Lots of olive blossom, though, and the rain note was a pleasing one. YMMV.

This is so pretty! I love the olive blossom note in this. Such a beautiful petrichor note that blends with the moss and orris. I am definitely going for a full bottle of this one. Spot on, took me right to the Garden District. :heart:

I mainly get olive blossom and moss. This smells like the green vines that make their way onto trees. It smells heavily of olive blossom to me. Good throw and wear length.

Beautiful -- the core of this is very similar to the oak note in Druid, but with a light green floral overlay instead of a soft woolen one.

Sweet olive blossom and the moss are the main notes on my skin. The orris root and oak bark come out more when drying. It's a soft and earthy floral. It's very nice and I didn't expect that I would like this as much as I did. The throw is a little low on me, but I don't have a lot of this scent so it's probably because I only used a couple drops. Super pretty, fans of moss and florals are probably going to love this.

Agree that the olive blossom is prominent, but my skin must be grabbing on to the oak bark, or perhaps it has grown stronger with age.

The rain-spattered quality of this scent fades as it dries, and it takes on a subtle cologne-like effect. Unisex, evocative of NOLA, gorgeous.

I always love an olive blossom scent, and a Little Piece of Eternity does not disappoint kn that front. There is something slightly acrid about it in the bottle, but on the skin that immediately disappears into green and olive goodness. The rain note is also very apparent, which is perfect for a wet and drippy Seattle day.