Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

A Demon and Her Unholy Basketball

Sugared red musk! With a bit of time I pick up a little of the gently-spiced pumpkin. This ends up as a pretty perfect balance among the pumpkin sugar and red musk. If I think about it, I can smell a tiny tiny hint of “char” that may be the puff of brimstone, but it is definitely not overpowering. I really love this one, which is a total surprise for me since I don’t usually love red musk blends.

Oh, how gorgeous this one is!

Musky, sweet pumpkin. I definitely get more pumpkin with a bit of musk, with a sprinkling of sugar over it all. Not getting the brimstone note as of yet, but I think that will emerge with a bit of aging and add more "edge". I love all the Liliths I purchased this time around, but I think this may be my fave.

The pumpkin sugar scent on the wand lured me to try this on, despite red musk's status as a gross note on me.

I quickly amped the musk to high heaven and low hell, and couldn't much find other notes.

This was much better balanced on my red musk-friendly companion (whose decants we were sampling). The early-stage mix of pumpkin sugar-musk was definitively and pleasantly autumn.

I tested this without first checking the description and notes. First impression, oh Beth's pumpkin, and not too much spice. Next up, red musk I always know you! Well, this is exactly as described. A perfect blend of sugary pumpkin and red musk, two notes I always amp, now in unison! I don't get any brimstone, though it would be welcomed. This is nice and light, but I have so many stronger red musk and pumpkin scents that I think my decant will suffice.  

Oh man this one is nice! The Lab's pumpkin with a sweetened but not cloying sugar, it doesn't go too fruity sugar as the note sometimes can, then the red musk emerges. There is something almost metallic in this for a while, but settles down into a pleasant, sweetened red musk with the pumpkin sugar sweetening it, but I wouldn't say this is pumpkin spice or vegetal really, it is more just a pleasant sweetened depth. No brimstone, although that could've been the fleeting metallic bit for a short while there.

Overall this is a very nice red musk I am so happy to have in my collection. It is unique enough to keep around. It doesn't beat Scherezade or La Femme De Satan, but it certainly rivals Flesh of My Flesh, Lust, La Lethe, and Spellbound. I think I like this better than Tombeur and Mircalla and certainly better than a small selection of NAVA red musk blends I own. I'm sure it will age nicely and I feel like this will be highly sought after for red musk fans!

Pumpkin-scented red musk. With a whiff of sugar. It reminds me to a little version of Pumpkin Queen. More red-musk, slightly more delicate, and slightly less pumpkin. Good throw and wear length.

This is a delight!  Lovely warm sugary pumpkin melded with fruity red musk.  I'm not getting brimstone, and I was hoping for that note to balance the fruitiness somewhat, and maybe it will develop with some aging, but I don't really care because the red musk isn't walking off with this one.  I get killer throw, which although unusual for my skin chemistry can happen with red musk, but it's usually all red musk and instead I get the musk and the warm pumpkin and sugar notes too, and it's really an upbeat scent.  And a safe-for-work red musk.  I applied around 6 last night and can still smell it this morning.  

SO glad I got this--it reminds me of a PS version of Fire HG almost! In the bottle: Lots of pumpkin spice sugar with maybe a bit more of a burn to it/some caramelization? On, wet: The brimstone note starts to pick up a bit. It needs to be fully dry before the red musk note starts to peek out, and unlike a lot of other BPAL red musk blends, in this one the red musk actually stays in the background/more of a middle note. Really liking this one; shoulda been a Weenie! 😃

The reviews really sold me on blind bottling this. Surprisingly, in the bottle, it didn't impress me much. It read as just "overly sweet". On my skin, the musk came forward, and the pumpkin sugar started showing off it's spices. It remains surprisingly "light" for something with brimstone. I guess that gives it an edge that keeps it from smelling too immature. Overall, it's good. I would wear it when I'm feeling Halloweenie, but I don't want anything to scream loudly. Just a nice pumpkin sugar in the background.

Sugary sweet and slightly artificial pumpkin with red musk. I can't detect any brimstone or "smoke" note in this. I think the red musk is a lot stronger than the pumpkin sugar. I'm really enjoying this. It's sweet and fun, but not completely foodie thanks to the musk. If only the pumpkin note was a bit stronger, but maybe some aging will fix that!

I knew this would be like Pumpkin She Sauntered Vaguely Downwards, and I was entirely right. In anticipating of this scent landing, I layered Pumpkin Sugar with She Sauntered, and loved it. A Demon and Her Unholy Basketball is actually a little lighter than Pumpkin Sugar's slightly caramelized pumpkin, so someone who wasn't into the thickly sugared part of the lab's pumpkin note could still do A Demon. 

I adore the brimstone note in both She Sauntered and A Demon, which is somehow cute and saucy, sweet and smoky. No part of it is bbq or char! Very hard to pin down if you haven't smelled it, but it's so strangely charming and I am thoroughly charmed. I will get that Lilith brimstone note in whatever blend it pops up in!

The red musk provides a sweetly spicy backdrop for the brimstone to shine against, and a little dusting of sparkly pumpkin sugar is just enough of a different top note to make this stand out from She Sauntered. But it's not so pumpkiny (or pumpkin-spicey) that I would only wear this in the fall. This would be such a fun, joyful scent to wear any time of the year. I'm so glad I have a bottle!

What a pleasant surprise! A received a decant of this for free and tried it out without knowing what it held. I love red musk blends and most things that have pumpkin are a win as well. The brimstone reminds me a bit of The Chapel, which is my scent for when I'm feeling demonic and badass. There's not too much sugar, so I wouldn't call this a sweet blend per say.  It's autumny due to the pumpkin but I think this would be wearable year round. I wouldn't say no to a bottle!