Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

2020 Aesthetic

So...this is a gorgeous Raspberry scent. I hate comparing one company's scent with another's but in this case, I have to. If you like Raspberry Kobalt from another very prominent perfume oil company, you will most likely like this. Just my opinion but it is a very similar scent and I absolutely adore it. Love love love.

Thissss is fantastic! It smells like a fancy raspberry and cherry jam—perfectly tart and sweet and juicy! The raspberry is a bit more prominent than the cherry to my nose.

Sweet and tart black raspberry and cherry (or raspberry and black cherry -- something smells like a darker fruit) jam. 

This is a fun fruity jam scent. I didn't anticipate the darker fruit scent I'm getting from something here, and I love it. I want to find the food version and smear it on a scone.

This is a hard no for me. The notes are intense--I could swear there is some perfume-y amber in there--and the end result comes off like an overly scented home candle.

This is all about the raspberry note on me. I get zero cherry from this. It smells like a squished raspberry with a bit of sugar, and it's more realistic at first, but then it becomes more candy-like over time (but also kind of makes me think of that raspberry Crystal Light drink mix that was popular in the 90s).

I was really hoping to get some cherry from this. Alas. If you want to smell like raspberry, though, give this a whirl.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Wet: Sugary raspberry jam! The cherry is hiding.

Dry: Still sugary raspberry jam, but with an added plastic scent. (Not uncommon for my skin to turn raspberries into plastic, so YMMV.) The cherry is still hiding. 😐

This one is so fun! Like others have noted, this is very raspberry-forward, like all other scents with cherry (which I adore), I do have to hunt for the cherry. Sweet, tart, and candy-like.

Great for a mood pick-me-up when you need it.

Tart, delightful raspberry. It's sweet and candy-like. A definite mood booster. ❤️ 

Ugh, this one hurts: All I get is plastic sweet, like if a Strawberry Shortcake doll was actually raspberry.

Disappointing, so it’s a 2020 aesthetic indeed.

Sampled my sister's decant. Unfortunately, raspberry notes from any house I've tried always turn artificial on my skin, and this is no exception. I don't really get any of the other notes, just this sugar-free raspberry kind of smell. At least my sister's skin chemistry treats raspberry better than mine! 

I can't wear sugar most of the time and fruit almost always is terrible after a minute on my skin. A glorious minute which makes what they do all the more disappointing. But this called to me so I grabbed a decant and on first sniff this was red Kool-Aid when you would rip open the little paper packet complete with a little bit of sour dust right up the nostril. Which is utterly delightful. 

After a couple minutes this is lovely sweet raspberry but very faint. I get a hint of that slightly plasticky note that others mention but it disappears after just a couple of minutes. It never does that awful rotting fruit to generic perfume or the weird screaming sugar tends to do but it just doesn't last for me which is a bit sad since otherwise it's lovely. 

This goes on strongly raspberry, and the review that noted that this was the same kind of raspberry as Raspberry Kobalt is dead on; I actually tested them side-by-side after I was also struck by that similarity.

As it dries it stays tart raspberry candy. I love this raspberry note, but I think I prefer it with the vanilla from Raspberry Kobalt. This is a very pure raspberry hard candy scent, which is nice but lacks a little bit of depth. I wish more of the cherry showed up but it was never more than a bit of a whisper while the scent was wet.

Mmm... Dark magenta, raspberry, fruity smell. Sweetness of sugar and red fruit. Not cherry forward like the Lupercalia 2020 Cherry Bomb collection. No medicinal/lozenge quality, just smeared raspberry jam sugariness. Hasn't turned into a plastic-lip balm smell like strawberry can do on my skin.

Raspberry! When this first goes on its sweet, fresh raspberries. I think I detect a smidge of vanilla, but that may just be the sugar, which is sweet indeed. At points it does seem to lean into that artificial, strawberry shortcake doll sort of feeling, but I actually don't mind it. The scent is soft and I fear it may fade off fast, so I'll have to report back on its longevity.

I do like this, but whether it's bottle worthy or not is still up for debate.

This is a scent that smells better applied than it does in the decant. On me, the raspberries and sugar amp up to overpower the cherry so it doesn't smell completely like cough syrup. I would have to agree with the Strawberry Shortcake comparisons, but to me that's not a bad thing. It's somewhat an artificial scent, but I'm not getting a plastic smell like others have mentioned, it's more of a candy scent in my eyes. It's pure raspberry sugar with a small bit of cherry in the background. I think it turns a bit powdery once dry, but it's not a baby powder smell, more like powdered sugar.

I love it enough to hold onto my decant and upgrade to a bottle! This is a great scent for fruit lovers though, especially raspberry. I'm sure this would be good in a locket as well if cherry morphs badly on you, since raspberry is by far the strongest note.

Edit after wearing this a bit longer: the throw is pretty great! I've got some scents that I have to put my wrist directly to my nose to really smell it, but I can smell this fine about a foot away. It does turn more into a jam like scent after some time, I can't stop sniffing myself! Will for sure have to get a bottle of this, I wonder how good this will be aged?

Edited by fairybites
More info

Raspberry candy, very pink, very sugary, somewhat artificial. If you love sugary blends though, give this a whirl. Good throw and wear length.

If only 2020 had actually smelled like this.. maybe we would have had a year of sunshine and rainbows, instead of a year of dumpster fires. 

Artificial cherry and raspberry that turns plasticky on me, and too much candy sweetness for my skin. If I could dial this down to maybe a 3 or 4 then perhaps I would enjoy it.. but this one goes to 11 and it’s just too much, I want to get off of this ride please, it’s not fun. Hmm.. very 2020, now that I think of it 😳