Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

#2 Pencil

In the bottle I smell tart, pink apples and fresh pencil shavings! On skin it remains the same, and the two notes are surprisingly really nice together. The apple is a bit more prominent than the cedar shavings—it’s crisp and tart and pink. The cedar is not sharp as it can sometimes be—it’s pretty smooth and mellow. 

I love this and it will definitely become a bottle.

Tart Honeycrisp apples (with a bit of that honey quality to them that Honeycrisp has), a little clean tea, and lots of cedar pencil shavings or cedar chest. Jasmine is present, but only as a light accent note that blends well into the apples and tea. Some of the honey impression I'm getting from the Honeycrisp could be the honeycomb; it reads at first like a part of the Honeycrisp apple type.

I also get a little pinkness in this, reminding me of little pink flowers.

In drydown, the honey impression grows a little and the apple tartness settles down. After drydown, the cedar is the strongest note, but it's still blended with the melange of other notes and the whole smells sweet and delightful.

Tart crisp apples, and a whiff of pencil shavings. Honestly, it sort of reminds me to those Asian office products that sort of have a smell. Like its a practical thing, but it also smells nice? Low throw, average wear length.

Wet, I'm getting sweet apple flesh with a hint of jasmine & apple peel. I hope the cedar & honey will emerge as it dries.

Dry: 8 hours later, both on my skin & in a locket, #2 Pencil is sweet apple flesh, with a light hint of flowers. If I huff, I imagine I can smell cedar, but I may be trying too hard. 

I'm glad I got a decant. I'll definitely re-test. Right now, I don't think I need a bottle.

This is the most delicious apple, tart but not too tart. So far nothing is overwhelming here. I don't directly smell the tea, but I know it's there. This is just well balanced and beautiful. It feels meditative. Like doing homework with elegant stationary. an apple snack, and expensive tea.

This smells like a honeycrisp apple backed by some smooth cedar. I never got any honeycomb. I think I caught a whiff of the jasmine at the end of the day, but it was so faint by that point that I couldn't be sure. The cedar becomes more prominent with wear, but it never manages to overtake the crisp apple.

The apple in this is really nice, but I wish the other notes had shown up on me!

Wow, this definitely does resemble a freshly sharpened #2 Pencil when it's first applied! The cedar eventually softens as the tea and apple notes amplify. I didn't pick out any honeycomb, my skin chemistry could just me amping the other notes. The apples remind me of Our Little Crypt Ghoul, another 2020 Lilith. So if you liked that, you may enjoy this one too.

The throw on this is pretty good and gets a little stronger once dried. But, the wear wasn't as great as I would have liked, this barely lasted an hour on me. I liked it and maybe with more age some things about this will improve. 

This is a really Cute with a capital C scent. It's snuggly honeyed apple tea, a little creamy, not too cedar-y. Cute but not wow? I don't know, I'm not mad at it at all but I am not in love. Caressing the Wild Rabbit is so much more Wow than #2 Pencil. I won't be hunting down more of this one, alas.