Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Shelter

I built this oil to help form a sense of fundamental safety, a solid bedrock that you can build from. This is an oil of stability and grounding that will help you find the strength to keep going.

This oil contains warm brown patchouli, angelica root, oakmoss absolute, lemongrass, vetiver, bourbon vanilla absolute, lavender bud, ginger root, spruce, vervain, three sages, and barley.

This one was really a surprise on me.  I didn't get any of the patch at all; rather, I got a very bracing, clean citrus vibe out of this, with little spicy hits of ginger.  This is really aptly named; there is something incredibly comforting about this scent.  Oddly enough, I also didn't get much of the lavender in this; normally I tend to amp patch and lavender but here they stayed politely in the background.  This one is all about the herby citrus front and center.

Like the reviewer above, I also got mainly citrus out of this. I ordered Shelter and Doomscroll Blocker at the same time, and I actually wondered if the labels got switched, because DB lists sweet orange as a note but it comes through very little, while this is quite citrusy. I don't know how many of the other notes I'm really picking up on, but there's a warm spicy backdrop that might be the patch and ginger. It's warm, sweet, and cozy, but manages to still be fresh and unimposing. Between this and White Rose the Twilight Alchemy Lab scents might be my new favorites!

... Florida Water is that you?
This smells citrusy, bright, full of ginger and a whiff of spices, and its just immediately comforting?

I was feeling all sorts of out of sort, but not anymore.

10/10, need to buy more.

I didn't know something could SMELL like comfort (if you like earthy, spicy, and citrusy kinda scents). 

It's amazing. It's like someone wrapping you in a warm, and soft blanket gently telling you,

"It's ok. Everything will be ok, I promise."

My soul is filled. Thank you! 

On 10/26/2020 at 12:42 PM, zankoku_zen said:

... Florida Water is that you?
This smells citrusy, bright, full of ginger and a whiff of spices, and its just immediately comforting?

I was feeling all sorts of out of sort, but not anymore.

10/10, need to buy more.

Oh, my gosh! This DOES smell like Florida Water! It's spicy, citrusy and immediately comforting. ❤

Odd. All these reviews mentioning Florida Water, and all I get is all oakmoss all the time. Then after what seems like an eternity of oakmoss, finally merging and becoming one with the oakmoss, there is no beginning and no end all is oakmoss...there is a hint of toasted barley. Like the kind used in barley tea, not in beer. 

It is heckin effective.