Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Eucalyptus, White Mint & Lemon Peel

This blend is a fresh, ancient York Peppermint Patty commercial -- not the patty, but the person in white on a mountain top in the whistling wind.

Sweet white mint and eucalyptus. The lemon is quieter on me at first.

In drydown, the lemon comes out more. It reminds me of Lemon-Scented Sticky Bat more than straight-up lemon peel -- it's blending with the sweet mint and coming out like sugary lemon frosting.

After an hour, this is mainly a soft sweet mint, with just hints of the other two notes.

Initial impression of this scent is exactly what Casablanca said, except the white mint also really does make me think of a peppermint patty that you just bit into. It's chilly, bright, and bracing eucalyptus and mint, with just a hint of lemon. As it dries down, the mint fades to a quieter, peppermint tea sort of note, and the lemon peel is barely there. Drydown on me is a subtly minty, cool eucalyptus. I like it more in the decant than I do on my skin, but I haven't ruled out a full bottle of this yet, mainly because I would love to experiment with this as a room scent.

This starts off with the Lab's cool, sweet, non-bracing white mint note (one of my favorite mint notes! I also got the impression of a peppermint patty without the chocolate exterior), backed by eucalyptus and lemon peel. But it doesn't take long for the eucalyptus and lemon peel to gain strength, and they end up being the dominant notes after a while, with the lemon peel being the most prominent note after several hours of wear.

This is a really nice, refreshing type of scent. It's not something I need a bottle of, but I'll definitely be hanging on to my decant to wear when I need a pick-me-up.

Edited by doomsday_disco

This smells exactly like the three notes present and accounted for, in equal parts as far as I can tell.  This has a cooling, peaceful vibe and I absolutely love it.  A while back I was looking for the perfect "spa"-like scent.  Well, I don't think it will get any closer than this.  I'm seriously considering seeking out a backup bottle!

Looking for a perfect spa scent?  This is it.  In the bottle:  A very strong blast of eucalyptus and mint.  On, wet:  Eucalyptus starts very strong, like Vicks Vapor Rub, and then calms down.  I get an almost spearmint gum like note then with a hint of citrus. Drydown:  Minty spa water with...something clean?  Citrus not really lasting but overall effect is great for a hot day.