Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Wisteria, Muguet & Lily of the Valley

LOADS of florals. Wisteria and lily, so it smells clean and flora. Huge throw. Lasts really long as well.

Unfortunately, the imp decapitated itself in transit, and this trio got on all of the imps and labels that it was in the bag with.

As you might expect, all florals, all the time. Weirdly, it smells like honeysuckle in the decant. I dunno why. This reads as a little less of a fresh/green sort of floral to me than other floral duets/menages I've tried, but the lily of the valley keeps things just a little greenish. Still, I sniff it on me and keep picturing a big pink bouquet. Not quite my jam as florals go, but this is still one to try if you're very much Team Florals.

Oh my gosh you guys, this. Okay short story, I wanted to try vintage Joy for years, researched batches, what to look for in a vintage, followed all the rules, then pulled the trigger on a factory sealed bottle for a decent price. I was disheartened when it smelled like plastic, indolic tuberose-like jasmine, and just cloying grossness. Totally unbearable, but I could tell what it could've been or used to be: heady, waxy white florals, vintage, yet timeless.

Well everyone, this right here, this is all of the good parts of that vintage Joy bottle. Absolutely gorgeous, expensive, 1940s type floral, no grandma smell, no old turned brown perfume. I can see why ladies lost their sh*t over a scent like this. If you were looking for something similar to Joy, w/o the plastic, alcohol, or crazy cloying bits, hunt yourself down a bottle of this. I was expecting something similar to Pele, and got Joy, Redeemed, lol. ❤️

Edited by RoseThornAndOak