Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Possessed Teen

It is very atmospheric. Really truly smells like the joy a mother of teens feels on the odd occasion they take a shower. Smells more like shampoo than soap, and perfectly catches those tender moments when my kids smell nice and are behaving well, and I smooch their clean heads. It makes me happy to smell this. But, I would rather they wear it than me. If only they would always smell just like this! Sweet. 

I'm not sure if my skin's eating the ash and incense notes or if this just needs a loooong time to age, but this is straight-up a 'freshly washed' scent and nothing else. I agree this is more shampoo-like, reminds me of Pantene I think? One of those shampoos you can get at the supermarket that's a step above the bargain fruit-scented stuff but not 'premium' like OGX.

I adore Sady Doyle's books and Dead Blondes and Bad Mothers is no exception. I am just discovering feminist theory, but it really spoke to me as a horror fan. As far as the archetypes go, I was particularly fond of the possessed teen.

Stay mouthy and sullen, young women. If you have to spew, spew on the authority figure who is trying to drive the feral wildness out of you.

As for the perfume - Ah, this is lovely. This was my surprise favorite out of this collection. 

We have really fancy soap as the main note and it smells so good- like the delicious moment when you crack open the wrapper on a really expensive bar, brand new. This ain't no drug store daily soap, this is the stuff you get in five star hotels in your gift basket.

So luxury soap that makes you feel clean and beautiful, and the whole background of the scent is this rich deep Catholic church incense, like they burn on high holy days. I'm not usually a big fan of incense scents but this is so true-to-life and so layered. I love it. 

It would be a great scent for days when you need to feel confident and together. It is definitely the scent of someone who owns their own power and will not give it away to someone else. It is a scent for the self-possessed.

Edited by crimescenecleanup

Soap and smoke with a little incense. The smoke was stronger when wet, but the soap became more prominent when drying. The soap to me is slightly floral, but that could be the skin musk maybe. I didn't think a clean soapy scent and smoke/incense would work together, but somehow they do. 

I'm really liking this. My only minor complaint is that I wish the smoke and incense were a little stronger than the soap note. Throw is pretty good too!

I'm not sure why this isn't more popular, this is awesome! It's sweet, clean, and fresh. There's quite a bit of Neutral/skin musk, like your skin but better, the soap is fresh, not bright and biting, just soft and clean. The ash lends a bit of softness on it's own, not cigarette or campfire in any shape or form. The incense is not deep dark, or super old smelling, just light incense smoke. It feels cuddly in the same way Boober does yet it is it's own scent.

This is one of my favorite new-to-me BPALs. <3