Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Dead Blonde

A wilting corsage of tea roses and white roses, bearing forensic traces of honeyed lip gloss and coconut oil suntan lotion.

Dead Blonde makes me think of Tippi Hendren and her life in film (and being subjected to so much abuse by Alfred Hitchcock, yet still coming out so strong and speaking her truth).  I admire her a lot.  Dead Blonde smells like a strong, empowering scent to me.

I love bpal's tea rose and white rose because they smell like being in a garden full of the most perfect, fresh, slightly dewy roses.  Nothing sharp or musky, just the sweet, dewy character of real roses.  And I especially love those rose notes when they're paired with some sweet notes.  I was a little worried about the lip gloss and suntan lotion in the description because I don't tend to enjoy a waxy or oily scent and that artificial coconut in suntan lotion is one of my least favorite smells.  I don't get that artificial quality from this scent at all, though.  The honey and coconut add a creamy sweetness to the roses, but don't really scream honey or coconut.  After a couple hours, the honey (I think) goes a little powdery, like a bouquet of beautiful white roses dusted in honey powder.  

I think that this is a beautiful, sophisticated scent. 

This is a unique rose scent... not nearly as "rosy" and not at all "red"...
These are pale, wan, wilted roses....leached of color and fervent with melancholy or embalming fluid.....
(it seems like there's a whisper in the middle of the embalming fluid scent in here, tempered with pale honey....)

Funeral roses left on the casket too long....their edges curling in the beginnings of decay...in this sterile, cool room.

She may have once been a party girl, but now she's gone to dust, her tan long gone....even her roses now, a remnant of what they were in full bloom.

Edited by Velvet Lilly

Sweet honey and rosy lip gloss. It's very sugary and almost reminds me of a bubblegum scent instead of a floral. I get a tiny bit of the suntan lotion, but like the similar note in Courtney, it fades fast and isn't that strong. 

Very pretty, I like this a lot more than I expected I would. One of my favorite rose scents for sure!

Interesting. This is totally an atmospheric scent. Definite wilting corsage with the most realistic tea/white rose. The eerie part about it is that there is a sinister dead scent to the roses, just a tad turned at the edges. These roses are pale and muted in color, definitely crisping up. Not sure how I feel about wearing that part, though it is incredibly realistic.

The honeyed lip gloss is very sweet at first but quickly dries into a slightly artificial and understated trace of smell. I only detect the suntan lotion on the occasional waft and it has a plasticky sort of coconut, but it makes the scent really come together toward the atmosphere it’s trying to create.

I’ll have to wear this a few times before I decide to keep it. Super interesting but not sure it’s for me.