Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A fiery deepening gloom, or the last dregs of shadow before dawn: black pomegranate, black lilac, indigo blossom, amber, orange peel, bergamot, velvet myrrh, and eucalyptus blossom.

Oh - this is gorgeous!

Wet: Eucalyptus and pomegranate, along with what smells like white lilac (which smells like honeysuckle to me). The scent begins to sweeten almost immediately after application. 

Drydown: It becomes a sweet floral. I get purple, slightly powdery lilac now, and a touch of herbal sweetness from the indigo. The eucalyptus is adding some freshness, but it doesn't go cough drop or medicinal in any way.

It stays sweet lilac and indigo for about three hours. At that time a non powdery amber and myrrh join the lilac. I associate lilac with spring/summer, but this has a rich warmth that makes it a good autumn scent as well. It's comforting, and is a good representation of the period where it isn't quite night, but darkness is beginning to envelop everything. There is peace and calm, everything becomes quiet, and the scent of flowers is permeating the air. My description fails at getting across just how pretty this is. The world is going crazy right now, but this scent brings me peace. Thank you, Beth for creating something that makes me feel cocooned in safety and brings back memories of playing in my grandmother's yard when I was a child. The smell of her lilac bushes just before I was called back into the house because it was getting dark. Brilliant.

This starts out feminine, but as time goes on it becomes more gender neutral. Throw is low, and it becomes a skin scent after about 3 - 4 hours. Wear time is good.

5 out of 5 stars.

Dark lilac, myrrh, and a whiff of pomegranate and amber. It's mainly a dark lilac blend. Good throw and wear length.

In the imp I immediately recognize that wonderful, strange green bloom from Odic Force. Eerie and glowing with just the tiniest camphorous edge, not enough to read medicinal but just gives a sort of jolt. It contrasts with the sweet pomegranate underneath beautifully. On my skin other notes start to join in, particularly the lilac and the myrrh. They deepen the scent, making it more heady. It's very much a cool-toned purple scent. Delightful. 

I have no idea what's going on here but it is lovely. Reminds me more than a bit of Armani's Mania for women - the original black cap not the awful newer one.

It may be last in the list but eucalyptus is the first thing I smell in this, backed up by lilacs and just a touch of pomegranate. I don't get the orange peel or bergamot at all, so if citrus isn't your thing don't let it put you off this blend! It's a very pretty gentle herbal/floral scent with some soft resins supporting it. It feels a bit more mature than something I'd personally wear, maybe because it reminds me of some older metaphysically-inclined folks I've met in the past.

This is a cold purple, dark but with a glimmer of warm light hiding just at the edge of your vision.

Without looking at the notes: Nautical has an elegant purple flower element with some powder like violet powder?  I don’t normally like violets but it has wisteria or lilac that captures my heart.

Okay I looked at the notes. It's lilac  and I love lilac and this really does it for me. The dry down brings out this wonderful complex dark stuff in the notes turning it very elegant.

This is so hilarious! I can smell the notes as if they were lined up next to each other!

Enter the lilac - with a dark quality. Enter the pomegranate - red, sweet, and sticky.

Bam, eucalyptus - but with a softer flutter, clearly the blossom instead of the leaf juice.

I can even smell the velvet - there is a fuzzy fabric quality that's like a layering over the notes. Crazy!

It's like a purple blend with lots of dark red and black swirls in it that dance and make some note pop out, then disappear again to give more room to others.

Even when dry, this smells pretty similar to the wet stage: A bold lilac with a fruity sweet undercurrent of pomegranate, overall a very floral and purple quality.

Nice and fun and not like anything else I own.

Lilac bergamot scented dryer sheets. That's basically it, lol. No pomegranate, no orange peel, and no amber. It's not what I expected at all. Not horrible, but definitely not something that deserves an upgrade. Could be amazing with the right skin chemistry, I suppose.