Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Civil Twilight

I smell the honeysuckle in the bottle - and almost mistook it for magnolia - but on my skin it's a lightly floral peach, and the peach is juicy, smells very much like actual fruit rather than syrup. The amber is barely there, and the lemon blossom doesn't come out until the honeysuckle fades a bit after a few minutes. It's soft, pretty, feminine, totally summery.

Honeysuckle and lemon blossom. The amber barely peeks out after a couple of hours, and I don't get the peach at all. A light floral that burns down to a skin scent very quickly and fades out on my after a few hours.

The burst of peach is real. The other notes play supporting roles but that peach. That peach. I love it. The honeysuckle is fairly prominent and goes through a finicky stage but it smooths out. This perfume reminds me of the perfect sunset.

Eta: The honeysuckle is no longer finicky at all. And oh my goodness this has settled into such a beautiful scent. It reminds me of a perfect hot late summer day, sitting near a honeysuckle twined fence or tree, eating a peach, waiting to watch the sun set. I'm not getting much amber but the other three notes are perfectly balanced. So wonderful.

ETA2 June '21 This continues to age beautifully. What a gorgeous perfume! If I was to tie this scent to a city, I would tie it to Olympia, WA. I know most folks would be adamant about a patchouli scent for Oly but this just brings me back there...in the summer...I love this scent so very much.

Edited by HerbGirl
June '21 edit

Honeysuckle + peach, a lovely fruity-floral. The peach is very sweet and juicy, soft ripe peach flesh scent rather than a more tart fuzzy peach skin scent. I get very little lemon blossom, and the amber is around the base somewhere giving it a golden feel but otherwise pretty subtle.

This is definitely an orange-golden type of scent, very appropriate for the concept. Bright, sweet, and a little smooth.

This one started out so promising in the decant -- a burst of peach and citrus sweetness, darkened by the amber. Very evocative of the description and label art. Unfortunately, this one was a skin chemistry fail on me -- I'm not sure which of the notes went off (I think maybe the peach), but the combo of the notes that went off and the amber became weirdly powdery and sour. It's great in the decant, though, so will hang onto it for scent locket purposes.

Wet and in the bottle: Very very fruity, lush peach nectar, and not much else.

Dry: Has lightened up a smidge; there's a faint hint of honeysuckle in here now.

After an hour: A very vaguely floral peach, but it's still mainly sparkly peach. Reminds me a little of how a Bellini smells.

Definitely not a morpher! If you love peach, I bet you'll love this -- it's a fun, bubbly scent.

Edited by rhonorv

This is the peach note used in some of the Lupercalia blends earlier this year. The peach is rounded by the amber notes and stays radiant throughout its entire life span. It's not a sweet peach, but more of a canned peach. 

This is a warm, snuggly peach. The florals are there, a whisper in the background, but mostly I get a really cosy, amber-y peach tone. Glad I nabbed a bottle!

Civil Twilight is a lovely spring/summer blend.  It's mainly sweet peach on me with amber and honeysuckle.  The lemon blossom isn't appreciable when it's wet but comes out in drydown, a kind of creamy lemon-adjacent note.  Soft, feminine, very pretty.  

Civil Twilight is a pretty fruity floral scent. The lemon blossom and peach team up with the honeysuckle to create a bright, happy scent. There's only a touch of amber that peeks out after a while -- more of a sparkling amber than a dark one to my nose, but perhaps it is the lemon blossom doing that, as it ends up being the dominant note on me after several hours.

I kind of wish the peach had a little more oomph, and that the honeysuckle had remained a main player, but I do think it is pretty, and I'm glad I got a chance to try it!

This is a peak summer evening before the cool of night has set in. It's still warm, your hands are sticky from the overripe peach you had for dessert, faint florals hovering around with no breeze to move them. Primarily peach in the decant, the honeysuckle (and maybe a bit of the lemon blossom, but mostly just honeysuckle) show up a little louder on my skin. It reminds me a lot of Imp, especially in the level of sweetness, and worth a try if Imp's patchouli scared you off.

Civil is bright and peachy on me  Light and fresh like biting into a sweet nectarine  maybe a bit of citrus underlying. The citrus is really close to the skin. The whole flower peach settles into this glorious thing. It's gorgeous and I'm in love.

God, I love this! It's a super clean and fresh blend of honeysuckle and peaches with a slight touch of the lemon blossom. It's very sweet too, but I think the honeysuckle and lemon blossom keep this from being foodie. 

I don't usually wear fragrances based on seasons, but if you do this is THE perfect spring or summer scent! I have got to try out more honeysuckle scents now. I got a sniffie bottle of this and fell in love, so glad to now have two decants of this beauty.

I bought this hoping it would be a more peach forward or amber scent but its much more lemon blossom on me. I like it, but the lemon I feel overpowers the other notes which makes me sad. It is a lovely spring even summer scent however, and I think I will use it more during those seasons than for daily wear. With that said though its a citrusy floral scent thats fresh and "clean" smelling. Very bright, a little sharp, and happy.