Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Skin Musk, Cream & Honey Dust

This is really lovely.  Sweet honey dust and a non-sour cream note open this perfume:  it's cuddly, clean, and warm, reminiscent of Stinky but more refined and less baby-powdery.

This would be a great daytime scent or a great sleep scent, IMHO.  

i smell a slightly toasted cream and honey at first. i think the skin musk is quite subtle and making up the background notes. this is a sweeter more floral honey, not a beeswaxy one. this one is pretty linear on me and doesn't change much. 

This is gorgeous. It also morphs a lot on skin vs. locket. I wore it yesterday both ways; in the locket there's a warm, toasty, chewy note reminiscent of Harlow's Lace, if you're familiar with that. On my skin the honey and skin musk amp and mingle, and the toasted note fades. Both ways are fantastic. I blind-bottled this and it is a winner.

I put this on by accident about ten minutes ago because I grabbed the wrong bottle with the Menage artwork (look, there's not a lot of light in my apartment first thing in the morning and the corner was dark!), and figured what the heck, I'll review it as long as it's on. And then when I sat down to do the review... the scent was almost completely gone. I reapplied a little more heavily, went to make breakfast, and when I sat back down, it's still extremely low throw and fading fast. It's warm, creamy, not milky, I think the honey dust helps give it that "toasty" impression. Very mild scent, very pretty, but not something you want to wear if you want everyone passing within a couple of feet of you to notice, and on me it's just about gone after ten minutes.

This is beautiful. 

Does anyone else remember the mix-up with The Infernal Lover when there was a batch that was made and shipped without the red musk in it?  So rather than "a creamy, sensual, honeyed red musk" it was more like heavy, creamy honey.  So similar to Skin Musk, Cream, and Honey Dust, notes-wise.

This is The Infernal Lover (mix up edition)'s younger, more naive sibling.  The honey is softer and not as heavy and sticky smelling and the cream is a little more present here, while the skin musk is maybe there?  There's a sort of softness that I can't identify. 

I won't be needing a backup because of the similarities, but this is very nice.  If you're looking for something similar to the no red musk version of The Infernal Lover, you might give this a try.  It's not identical, but similar.

I went into this expecting something like O, and it does start out that way -- the honey is drier and more subtle than O, but combined with the cream, it's not dissimilar. The skin musk takes it into lighter territory, though. As it wears, the skin musk amps up and the cream and honey fade out -- they're there, but they're mostly giving the skin musk a slightly warm, toasty quality. It's basically a warm, slightly sweetened skin scent.

Musky honeyed cream. This is sweet honey, and honestly, this smells like a blend that should be used for Venusian purposes. It's like you're beautiful, golden, and a goddess at the same time. Men and women smell you and bow themselves to you and weep to touch you. I'd recommend this as a seduction blend if you can do BPAL honey or BPAL cream, or BPAL musk. If you can, then go get what you want.

This is very sweet on my skin, but quite pretty. It has much better throw than I expected, and fairly good longevity. I usually prefer more musky honey notes, but this is really nice for a sweeter honey. It's almost white honey like with regard to sweetness. Overall, this makes me think of toffee or cream soda, but made with honey.  

Very sweet, fairly bright, a little powdery, with an almost-sour note while wet.

There's also something that reminds me of grocery-store muffins. XD

It fades super, super, super fast; the honey and cream kind of linger the longest, but they fade a lot too.

In the end, it is insanely close to the skin, and you have to try very hard to actually smell it, but it is a verrrry delicate, light, warm fragrance. This would be perfect for when you want to smell nice but need something inoffensive. :D

I had in mind that this was going to be a really gentle your skin but better scent that had a hint of sweetness but I was wrong. On me it’s a very heavy gourmand, I like gourmands but it was just a lot more intense than I thought it was going to be. It was very warm pastry and sugar smelling, with an incredible likeness to a maple donut. Overall I think this is a startling but not unwelcome surprise.

This is not at all what I expected (granted, I don't remember ordering it, so I don't actually know what I was expecting? LOL). Cream is a tricky note for me, it often smells horrible to my nose, but I don't actually get the cream at all here. Or even the musk really. It's just honey, but a very different honey note than any of the Lab's other honey scents I have (and I have a lot of honey scents, I love it so!). This reminds me a ton of Lush's Honey I Shrunk the Kids. I'm not mad about it. Very gourmand though, not the subtle skin scent I thought it might be. Still, a keeper.

I sampled a friend's bottle of this shortly after it was removed from the website. It was good timing for my budget, because I would have nabbed a bottle for sure.

It smelled like its notes, which are all good for me: sweet cream and honey and a mild skin musk. The dust is subtle and pleasant. Yet the blend still had some extra goodness that went above my usual love of these notes and took me by surprise. So cozy and delicious.

Wet: Almost entirely that warm honey-dust note I like from Famous Kabuki Actors and Ghost Milk, with a faint creaminess underneath. The 'honey dust' note Beth uses doesn't seem to die on me like honey does, so I'm optimistic it won't powder out.
Dry: Lovely, mostly honey-dust, very sweet and musky. This is also the first BPAL I've ever worn that my cat didn't flinch away from, freshly-applied, when I petted her!

On me the cream and honey dust are foremost and it settles down to a musk. On me, it only lasts about 20-30 minutes before it fades to whispery musk. I love the lab's honey dust note though so I just make do with constantly reapplying! I agree that it is a cozy, warm scent that is great for wanting to smell "like yourself, but better", or as a sleep scent, or a cozy day at home. I'm so glad I grabbed a bottle of this.   

This is all honey dust on me! It's like a fainter Boop without the lavender. As it fades, the musk and cream get a little stronger but not by much. 

I definitely prefer regular honey to honey dust, so I think if it had that note instead I might enjoy this more. Not bad, just very very dusty and I've already got a bottle that's slightly similar to this but stronger.