Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Lemon Peel, Marshmallow & Orange Blossom

If you love all (or probably even just two of the three) notes in this scent, you really owe it to yourself to get some while you can. It's the sweet return of the early 80's version of the Lemon Meringue Doll to me, which is a beautiful, billowy sweetness on a cloud of marshmallow. Alas, I get none of the Lab's amazing orange blossom note, but I'm delighted with what's on display. For those that love a good lemon-foodie scent, this is sheer heaven from start to finish. ❤️❤️❤️ 

On wet, I mostly get the lemon peel. As it starts to dry, I get more and more of the marshmallow until it becomes the main thing I'm smelling. There's some orange blossom in the back, pretty subtle, but there. It is nice and sweet marshmallowyness with some bright citrus.

I love all three of these notes, so let's see what happens!

I actually find it pretty well-balanced while wet, it's not as strongly lemony as I expected, the lemon is subtler and more pith-y, while the orange blossom adds a bit of floral. The marshmallow is sweet but not sugared. This is both less tart and less sweet than I was expecting, the citrus is bright but not juicy and the marshmallow isn't the strong sweet vanilla marshmallow of scents like Stekkjarstaur.

As it dries, the lemon fades pretty quickly, leaving a soft orange blossom + marshmallow scent.

I REALLY like this. Not cleaner lemon but more aromatic lemon. For me, there is a huge nutty sweet corn note, and it’s quite delicious. Kind of like the sweet corn mash you get at Chevy’s. Or some sort of sweet corn dessert that I’m used to growing up in Asia.

right off i smell lemon peel and something that's foody in a toasted way, which is not my favorite, it smells like a lemon cookie. i hope this dissipates soon. after the drydown it's primarily lemon peel with marshmallow. kind of nice, but i was hoping for an orange blossom marshmallow with a hint of lemon, and there is no orange blossom that i can detect and on me the lemon is quite strong.

I would love to find a citrus perfume my skin doesn't eat, so I wanted to try this to see if lemon peel has more staying power than regular old lemon. It does -- in that it doesn't flee the instant it touches my skin, but sticks around for a record fifteen minutes. 

I'm not sure how I feel about it while it lasts. It flips between a smooth citrus scent, with surprisingly tame marshmallow -- and smelling like those chalky Valentine candies, with fresh grated lemon zest on top and some bitter orange blossom. It seems to start to settle into the former, thankfully -- crisp but not cleaning fluid, sweet but not candied -- but then its time is up. I'm left with a whiff of marshmallow alone, which isn't my jam. That brief middle stage was pretty, but citrus and I remain star-crossed.

Citrusy marshmallow and a whiff of orange blossom. And then it dries to jet puffed marshmallows with a hint of lemon zest. If that's what you're going for, carry on folks. Medium throw and wear length.

I wish that I got more lemon from this, but the orange is a lot stronger to my nose, and it's a syrupy, artificially sweet orange more than orange blossom.  Very sugary, kind of cloying.  It does remind me of Froot Loops in the drydown, with the sweetness dialed way up.  Artificial citrusy tones and sugar. 

I went crazy for orange blossom this summer and got a lot of different orange blossom scents from a variety of companies. I think this might be my favorite. I do get the Froot Loops reference in the beginning, but then on me it fades to a slightly sweetened orange blossom and stays that way for awhile. Good lasting power on me, and the orange blossom isn’t too sweet or diluted with other notes. Very nice. 

This one dances right on the edge between being floral and a gourmand, which is amazing.  I love the Lab's lemon peel and orange blossom notes so getting this was a no-brainer for me.  In the bottle:  Orange blossom and Meyer lemon peel, with a little bit of burnt marshmallow in the background.  Pretty tight in the bottle, even after aging.  On, wet:  The orange blossom is still the star of the show here, but the lemon peel picks up a bit and starts to get more depth with just a hint of a nice fresh bitterness.  Drydown:  Settles back onto the skin into a sort of sweet citrus flower and lightly toasted marshmallow skin musk thing.  As many have reported on this one, though, the skin drinks it up and I do so wish it would last longer and throw farther.  Still, it's nice sitting here in a lovely cloud of sweet citrus and flowers while it lasts.

Finally gave this a real wear after decanting some for a friend yesterday and it is just so lovely. That lemon is perfect with the marshmallow. I don't get the orange blossom until a few minutes in, and I love that it doesn't take over. The marshmallow is chewy and this is very sweet. I love it.

Pretty good! In my case, this was mostly the marshmallow and orange blossom. The lemon peels gets close to smelling like bathroom cleaner at times. 

I would have liked more lemon, but this is still really good. I also agree with others that it resembles cereal. I think the marshmallow makes me think of Rice Krispie Treats. Marshmallow is still going strong even as the other notes have faded away. 

Definitely orange blossom with a nice tartness from the lemon peel. The marshmallow isn't particularly soft or fluffy, it's more just lending a gourmand sweetness to the scent.