Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Fruit Moon 2020

Golden amber, sheer white musk, tonka bean, guava pulp, fig, ylang ylang, sugar cane, and a whole mess of bananas.

It's been a long time since I've been the first to review a scent!  

This is exactly  far better than I expected, much better!  And my expectations were high. 

I love bananas.  I eat them every day.  I have a small collection of banana scents from various sources.  

This one is really special.  It's banana-ey at first, yes, that's a given.  But the amber, the tonka, the sugar cane, give it is lovely, sweet, rich, vanilla-like base. The fig and guava give it just a hint of non-banana fruitiness, while the ylang-ylang adds a subtle creaminess.  

I am really pleased that I blind-bottled this one!   

Wet: BANANA!!🍌🍌🍌

Drydown: Fig and ylang ylang start to show up. Fancy bananas! Actually, bananas recede to the background quickly. Amber and guava start dancing around the fig and ylang and ylang.

Dry: This has a nice spa-like quality to it. Sweet, fruity, and comforting. Not entirely heavy on any one note. Very well-balanced, and a close skin scent.

Edited by torikitty

This opens with a BIG punch of ripe banana that quickly gives way to a more candy-like banana courtesy of the sugar cane, with a bit of background fuzz from the tonka and guava and a touch of earthy fig. Amber slowly spreads into it, softening and smoothing the sweet notes. The ylang ylang is a minor enough player that it's not hitting me with a migraine, which is greatly appreciated as I'm liking this blend a LOT. It all melds together to become something indistinct yet warm and sunny, holding just enough banana to make it unique among the fruit fragrances in my collection.

Low throw, so people won't be looking around wondering where the overripe banana is hiding.

Upon opening the bottle I was hit with a wall of fresh, ripe banana. A real banana scent, not chemical odor, as I had to explain to a friend. On the skin, it develops enough to allow the other scents to come forward. The guava emerges with sugar and tonka bean and the banana now lingers in the background as the musk and amber slide to the front. It's fancy and sweet. I would drink this as a $7.99 smoothie cup at a stall in the mall to cool off on a summer day. 

Edited by gamermouse

this is just a fun scent. I kept telling everyone around me, "I smell like a banana - in a good way" It starts out with this lovely, fresh, banana smell but then the other players start to join the party. The guava made an appearance and then a sugary musk settled in with occasional wisps of banana. Totally out of my wheelhouse and really glad I sprang for it

I am an avowed banana hater. I cannot stand the taste or smell of them. Through some kind of sorcery, I felt compelled to blind buy a bottle of this. I figured if anyone can make me tolerate them, Beth could... and she did!

Wet: Sweet, fruity banana liqueur. After a few minutes the initial blast of BANANA calms down. I smell something peppery/gritty beneath all of the banana, so the fig is giving it just a touch of earthiness. This is actually pleasant.

Drydown: Sweet banana and ylang ylang along with the faintest bit of fig. I'm not a big fruit fan, so I don't know what guava smells like, but it may also be contributing to the sweet fruit smell.

45 minutes after applying: The tonka and amber come in to give the aforementioned notes a smokiness. It almost smells like banana bread, but with a touch of smoke to balance out the sweetness. Throw is good for the first few hours, then it becomes a skin scent on me. Wear time is good.

I'm surprised at how much I like this. I thought it would be a novelty scent, but I would actually wear this on a regular basis. I think it would be good in any weather, and it's completely unisex. Fruit MOOOON is a win. Thanks to the video from Tom and Galen, I won't be able to say it any other way. 😉

4.8 out of 5 stars.

Lots of bananas and sugar on first sniff, almost reminding me of banana pudding. Some of other notes shine through more aftering drying like ylang ylang and the fig. Banana doesn't stay around much longer after the rest of the notes make themselves known.

I would have been all over Fruit Moon 2020 if I tried this before the Liliths, but now that I have tried both I much prefer Banana Bread. The banana stays around longer in that one and while I still enjoy this scent, the main reason I was attracted to this was the heavy banana note. If banana was the main reason you wanted to get this, I would chose Banana Bread anyday.

With all that being said, I'm glad to have tried it before it went away in case I wanted a bottle. But unless this changes considerably with age, I'll most likely swap this.

Oh man, this has gotten better with age. It's musky, fruity, sugary banana and guava with amber grounding it. The banana has mellowed with age and is less runts candy and now is golden, sweet, ripe banana. It melds with the guava to make the perfect tropical fruit salad sprinkled with amber and musk. 

I want to lick myself.