Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Please Scream Inside Your Snake Oil

Take Snake Oil and moosh it into a sugary fluff of lightly fried delicate dough. That is what this is, and I love it.

So you have Snake Oil’s sugary dark musk with extra sugar, and a light doughy edge. I’m not getting any powder that fresh Snake Oil can have when it’s fresh, either. 

I’m not a huge gourmand fan, but this stays mostly in the musk category, although some days it does read a little too sweet for me. Other days I could take a bath in it.

expectation:  snake oil sufganiyot, maybe? 

frankly, in the bottle this is rather unpleasant.  salty, savory something-or-other and snake oil.  blech.

eta:  reading other reviews, and yes, it is rather vegetal.  i couldn't put my finger on it. 

freshly applied, i had a millisecond of "oh no what have i done?" before it started to resolve itself.  then the snake oil pushed to the front of the line, and suddenly that salty yuck becomes a great counterweight to an extra-sweet snake oil.  what a cool transformation!  the snake oil continues to amp on me, and it's dusted with a coating of powdered sugar. it *almost* tips over too sweet, but that salty/savory note stays in the background, holding the leash.

it's hovering right over the line of delicious/foodie and musky/incense, which is an area that i really enjoy.   over time, the red musk is a LOT bolder than it is with og snake oil, as is the spice.

this is a very, VERY good snek.  delicious, but not exactly edible. extra-sweet, extra-musky, extra-spicy snake oil, with something a little bready fluffing it out on the back end.  

Edited by MamaMoth

oh.my.gourd. This is the shit. It’s SO good. The vegetal musks are there and warm, like working in the tomato patch on a hot Summer afternoon.  The vanilla and spices are smoky, and sensual. The funnel cake for me pops last, like scents wafting from a carnival across the street as you potter around the garden (is there a hint of soil?). Perfect throw and wear length. It’s so well-balanced between sweet, earthy, resinous and green. Hands-down my favorite (other than 2022’s 13, which I could absolutely bathe in). I know this was a happy accident and a special pandemic scent, but oh I hope it sticks around.