Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Bergamot, Orange Blossom & Vetiver

Gosh this is beautiful.  I just got it yesterday, so it's still shifting around a little from traveling.  But I'm pretty sure I love it.

I was a little concerned about vetiver because it can misbehave and take over sometimes.  I'm happy to say vetiver is a polite voice at the party here, it speaks up at the very beginning but not too loudly.  At the very start this is a nice juicy orange vetiver scent but less than 5 minutes in, the orange blossom BLOOMS, an orange tinted white-ish floral note that is just divine.  There's a hint of powder around the edges but this isn't a powdery scent.  I can't comment much on the drydown, so far it seems to just fade off into light citrus loveliness.  Bergamot stays in the background for me, or maybe it's just backing up the orange blossom.  So far every time I've worn it, I keep reapplying to get that celestial floomf of orange blossom.  This is so perfect for late summer..  🧡🧡🧡 

Edit: yeah after a while this fades to a very light skin scent.  Perhaps a scent locket would help to extend that gorgeous beginning phase, it lasts about a half hour on me.  It's ok, I don't mind reapplying often!

Edited by forspecial_plate

If you love orange blossom, try this.  Buy this.  Beg/borrow/(don't steal, that's not nice). It's beautiful. 

Fresh in the decant and on the skin, it's orange blossom and bergamot. Very clean and very loud. I keep waiting for vertiver to rear it's head and turn the scent murky, but vertiver is nowhere to be found. At this stage it reminds me of 4711 cologne water that I had as a girl. Then it fades. And fades. Pretty soon it is a faint skin scent. A beautiful memory. Time to buy a locket!

This one is fantastic. The orange blossom stands out most in the decant, but the vetiver and bergamot assert themselves more once on. The vetiver never gets too loud, smoky, or murky -- here it's understated, a deeper green counterpart to the bergamot. I was worried this would disappear instantly based on other reviewers' experience, but five hours in it's still there. This is a really fantastic, fresh and clean citrus and green scent, with a hint of white floral from the orange blossom. Has a sort of expensive, old-school cologne water vibe. I almost wish the orange blossom were stronger on my skin, but the end result is still awesome. Gonna need a full bottle of this.

Bergamot and orange blossom. It's a sharp citrus blend and then it basically disappears from my skin after 30 minutes. Medium throw, low wear length.

Starts off as a clean citrus chypre executed à la 70s style, but slowly transitions into a smoky, clean and slightly soapy blend. Love! Reminds me vaguely of Oberon, but with a smoky element instead of a floral one. Lasted 4 hours on my skin.

Edited by theredkilt

I adore the summer scent of sweet musky floral orange blossom, so Bergamot, Orange Blossom and vetiver was destined for greatness long before I held the small amber bottle in my hands. The vetiver adds a bitter earthiness that binds the shimmering honeyed blossoms and tells a long-forgotten story of how you sobbed your broken heart into an orange grove at midnight; you gathered the dirt and tears and blossoms and clouds that floated across the moon and hid them all in the pages of an old diary because you were young and sad and then you burned the whole thing for incense as a middle-aged woman and thought wow that was a good choice even though it felt scary and sad at the time

The vetiver isn't showing up to the party for me, just the bergamot and orange blossom.  The combo is a bit sharp on me, like a slightly sour citrus cologne with a soapy undertone.  I like a sweeter and creamier orange blossom, but I think the lemony, bright bergamot is making this a little too sharp for my tastes.