Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Please Scream Inside Your Heart

In the bottle, this smells gross. Like a fermenting sweet treat. I only mention this since a bottle sniff shouldn't deter you from trying it out. I don't get churros like everyone else. To me, this is fried dough that leans towards overly-sweet honey. Honey usually amps on me, so it's not exactly honey. It just leans that way as far as being overly-sweet. To me, this smells more like a honey bun, those Little Debbie snacks, more than anything else. It seems pretty single note on me, as well: sweet, fried dough. I have to breath real deep to get just a hint of cinnamon. After it settles, the fermenting part goes away, and it smells more like a snack you'd like to eat. It really takes a while for the cinnamon to make an appearance, and it's tiny, too. I can see the churro comparison now, but it's faint, and I feel like it's misleading. In any case, I definitely recommend giving this a shot to see if you like it.

Edited by torikitty

This is way different than I expected but in the best way.  It is SUPER reminiscent for me of The Strange Old Woman and The Pancake Bell which are my two all time fave dark and spicy gourmands.  I no longer have any of either of those for comparison so can’t say how close they really are.

But, now that I’m out of those this will definitely be my go to spicy syrupy dark winter scent.  I can’t wait to see how this gets with age.

Pure sugary dough dessert in a bottle. Smelt lovely and dried down great but it was too sweet for me 

churros!!! cinnamon sugary goodness. My only complaint is it seems to have way less throw and staying power than Please Scream Inside Yer Snek oyl, for some reason. light, fun, foody.

This is a LOVE!  I don't know why I snoozed on this for so long. Well, cinnamon is a death note here, so I was afraid....But now I have it and LOVE It!

I wager my bottle is aged as I did get it from a forumite. So, it ages well! 

In the bottle I was reminded of Mother Ginger. As it dries I really DO get Funnel Cake! 

This is BIG WIN for my skin chemistry!