Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Teamama

Nova Nail Polish

A soft linear holographic top coat filled with holo microflake and iridescent shifting flake in two different color ways. It can be worn as a topper for any of the other Shards, or alone in 3-4 coats.

What, no reviews yet?

Nova is excellent.  The holo glitter & flake are gorgeous, producing an opal effect that is stunning. Teadaughter got full coverage with 3 coats. I just applied 1 coat over a pink creme, & it totally changed the look from a lavender-tinted pink go a silvery pink opal.  This is a stunner, everybody, buy Nova now!  

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I love rainbow sparkly things and the only reason I didn't buy this before was the description of a top coat, rather than a full polish - I don't do a lot of effects with my nails. But when I was buying backup bottles of favorite polishes, I threw this one in for grins.

In the Bottle: Silver full of shimmery glitter, on the pastel side of the spectrum. If I hold it side-by-side to my bottle of Nuclear Winter, the latter has the stronger, more traditional rainbow glitter.

One coat: Soft, smooth, and sparkly.

Two coats: I think this would be enough to wear as the base color. I tried a third coat and that got me to full opacity.

Verdict: We'll see how fast I go through this bottle. I will definitely try layering it over other polishes to see what happens.