Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Pancua

Something Similar to Black Death?

I am now running super low on my Black Death supply and since it is a super old scent, I am hoping I can find something that is similar. 

Black Death: East African patchouli, bay, tobacco, golden amber, blackened sandalwood, orange peel, lemon verbena, clove, and a touch of lime.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Unfortunately, it's been a long time since I tried Black Death & my notes only say it wasn't as dark as I expected, so I'm just guessing:

Mr. Jacquel (Golden amber, hyssop, North African patchouli, and embalming spices) - a few reviews of Black Death mention this one as being similar. It might be a bit drier/dustier than you want, though. I find it takes a while for the amber to come out.

Luperci (raw, down and dirty patchouli, Gurjam balsam, and essence of Sampson Root sweetened with the heightened sexuality of beeswax, virile juniper, oakmoss, ambrette seed over honey and East African musk)- this is a sweet golden patch scent & the juniper gives it a brightness that might stand in for the citrus in Black Death.

The Wild Men of Jezirat Al Tennyn (red amber, Spanish moss, Indonesian patchouli, ambergris, sweet ambrette seed, red pepper, two cloves, and vanilla flower) - this is probably too spicy/clove-heavy but it does have amber, patchouli & clove (and I love it :) )

Aelopile (Glowing amber and citrus, labdanum, verbena, cedar, and oud) - this has the amber & citrus, but no patchouli, however, it is GC

Santo Domingo (An exotic, sultry blend of tobacco leaf, bay rum and heady Caribbean blossoms) - this is a long shot but it does have the bay & tobacco

Port Royal (Spiced rum and ship’s wood mixed with the body-warmed trace of a prostitute’s perfume and a hint of salty sea air on the dry-down) - this is a nice, unisex, spiced wood scent

Edited by alterosen

Sign in to follow this