Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is a dusky, night time jasmine scent, a little bit fruity, with some light benzoin around the edges.  It has a light and airy quality to me but it's deceptively strong.  My partner smelled it from the next room!  It's definitely a "purple" scent.  I think the red mandarin is just blending with the plum for the overall fruity feeling.  I mean, I almost expect the oil itself to be purple (it's not, as far as I can tell in the bottle).

This is a beautiful night-time summery scent!  I usually get along just fine with jasmine, and I love this one.  I think the benzoin is giving it a "lift", with that light incense around the edges.

I really love this and I'm not sure I can do it justice.

It starts very heavy on the jasmine wet and in the bottle. Quickly as it starts to dry, there's a round soft fruity sweetness of plum. Im not familiar enough with benzoin or orris absolute to know if I'm smelling those in addition, but there's definitely more going on here that blends so nicely and rounds it out to something deeper. I can maybe pick out some of the honeysuckle. 

This is somehow both dark and light, it smells like sitting alone in thought at dusk on a summer evening. It's calm, sweet, hopeful, but there's also something a little heavy weighing you down. There really is a pull to this, a longing.

Big explosion of indolic tuberose or night jasmine - like moments after a full bloom on a humid night when there is just a bit of brown spoilt edges around the white petals. Very intoxicating. Then after that wave of floral, it leaves behind a clean scent that's reminiscent of, strangely, drier sheets in a more natural and soft form. Beautiful transition.

Edited by momopeche

When this was new, the jasmine was quite strong. Nine months later it has become the softest jasmine I have smelled in a perfume. It smells like a magical summer night. I think it's the benzoin and orris  that make the jasmine softer, while the honeysuckle and red mandarin make it a bit sweeter without really becoming sweet. Plum gives it the darkness that makes me think of night when I smell this. But in fact everything is so well  blended that I don't really pick out notes, I just smell that it's very, very lovely.

Received this as a decant, and I'm going to need a big one. This is a nice fruity plum with a little minty greenery from the florals. This is more what I imagine when I think of 'perfume' in a classic sense. It's a rich, complex scent with great throw but still feels light and airy. Floral stays on top with a sweet-tart plum honey combo floating on top. This totally scratches my plum itch, and I'm glad to see it won't induce an LE panic.

I definitely would wear this out with friends, but feels too personal and exposed for work, and a bit too intimate for family.

The jasmine in this is blooming gloriously at night, filling the garden with sweet and rich scent. The honeysuckle is a softer note in harmony, sweetening it and adding its own richness.

Juicy wild plums and citrus fruits bring sweet fresh tartness too this, like they have just been cut and peeled to provide an evening's refreshment in this lush garden.

Orris and benzoin give a soft earthy and resinous backdrop to the scent, grounding it in its garden and making the scent feel like it is in a real place and not some dream garden.

This is rich and beautiful and one of my favorite jasmines I have tried yet!