Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Night-blooming Jasmine, Wild Honeysuckle & Wisteria

Lately, I've just decided to go for broke trying some new florals, and this one makes me so glad that I did. Fortunately, the lab's jasmine has always played nice on my skin. I wasn't worried about it pulling the cat pee note some jasmines do on me. I'm from the deep South in the US, and I know the scent of all three of these flowers very well. It is very true to them all, and no one note really rises to prominence over the others on my skin. The throw isn't nearly as loud as you'd expect. It's a fairly close and subtle skin scent. I smell like gardens I've visited countless times. It's a sultry southern night but there is also a degree of sophistication to it that keeps it from going into grandma's soap territory. I'm in love.

In the decant, wisteria stands out the most, followed by the honeysuckle, with the jasmine barely detectable. They're all blended really well, though, which might be why I'm not immediately picking up the jasmine. This doesn't morph significantly -- my main impression is somber, purple florals. Not loud, and definitely not soapy. I love it for being a subtle, non-soapy floral, but my skin eats it up fast.

at first sniff this is primarily honeysuckle with some wisteria floating in the background. it's very fresh and springy to me. the wisteria gets stronger later on and dominates more, but mostly it just seems like a honeysuckle/wisteria melange. after about 15-20 minutes i think i get a bit of jasmine as well that seems almost a bit rough for lack of a better word, but that's not a bad thing, i feel like it dirties up the florals a tiny bit, which i like. i'd been longing for a wisteria scent and this does the job.

For me, Jasmine can run too strong, as can Honeysuckle although I love both, so I gave this Trois a shot. In the bottle: Jasmine bomb. Uh-oh. On, wet: Lightens up a LOT into a very well-blended shimmery gold-white floral thing; no one note stands out, although the Jasmine does bubble to to the top in tiny pops at first. Drydown: Alas, I sweat this one off fast, but once it all calms down it's a sophisticated "daytime" floral that sits about an inch above the skin.  It's a nice change of pace if you are a musk-smoke-patch-hound like me!

A brilliant mix of wisteria, honeysuckle and jasmine. It's definitely a bouquet of all three, and it smells both spring-summery, and since we were unable to really be outside this year, it smells like a delicious garden outside. It's sunny, cheery, and floral. Great throw and wear length.

This is my favorite trio.  I've been enjoying floral scents a lot more in these past couple years and I really like bpal's Wild Honeysuckle note.  This scent has a gleeful quality that makes me think of running around outside as a child and picking flowers, the scent of green sap and sweet petals crushed in my hands.  It smells like a beautiful day outside.  It has a bit of a sharp, perfumey bite to it, but it does also smell like actual jasmine, honeysuckle and wisteria flowers, full of breezy sweetness.  The pale lilac of the wisteria really comes through in the drydown.  Mostly wisteria with a good dose of honeysuckle and a hint of sweet jasmine.