Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Vetiver, Patchouli & Apple Peel

Light, bright, and refreshing. All three balanced perfectly, none dominates. Crisp juicy green apple. Patchouli and vetiver are gentler than anticipated. However, it fades fast and completely on me with nary a tell it was ever there. Probably will use it in my locket. Oddly enough, I would love this scent as a deodorant. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Yes. A thousand times yes. I was really intrigued to try this one (largely because of the qualifier that it was apple peel, not just apple), and not only did it not disappoint, it is potentially my new favorite apple scent. To my nose the apple in this isn’t bright or tart, it’s very much an autumnal red or pink apple, a Macintosh or a Pink Lady maybe, and stays warm and juicy from wet to dry on my skin. The vetiver is my favorite kind, the almost grassy very cooling variety, and the patchouli is light and a little sweet. If you like Verdandi, you definitely want to try this - take the amber out of Verdandi and replace it with a slightly smoky, herbal, refreshing patchouli-vetiver. It is SO good. Definitely picking up a bottle for the upcoming autumntime!

Apple peel, and the vetiver and patchouli sort of smell like dirt underneath your feet. So basically you're in an apple orchard, eating an apple and dirt is under your feet. Warm, fresh, fun.

Initially, this is a lot of sweet patch and apple peel (which smells more woody and fibrous, like the solidity of crisp curls of peel rather than the juiciness of the fruit itself). I like this version of apple, it doesn't take me back to Country Apple places at all, but I'm not the world's biggest fan of apple patch scents. For instance, Glittering Waterfall (although I just retested that too and am in love, so...who know what this world is coming to!)

After a few minutes on the skin, the patch and apple burn off and leave a vetiver that is so delicate and cool, I describe it as a silvery vetiver. If you've never smelled a vetiver that shimmered, mirror-like, and hovered in the air (as opposed to smacking you in the face with smoky grassy sweetness), you need to smell this one. This is the vetiver that shows up in those sheer orange blossom blends, but even better here. It is making some kind of magic with the apple peel, and the patch becomes a quiet support for the shining silver of the vetiver, which quietly clings to the skin for hours and hours. 

I wouldn't recommend this one to those who HATE apple, but if you are ambivalent or a fan, and the thought of a gorgeous, elegant vetiver appeals to you, this trio is a must-try.

more apple-y than anticipated as this trio lists "apple peel," but im not mad about it! the apple brings a delightful fresh and crisp sweetness to the vetiver and patch, which are both very gentle and gorgeous. I didn't get dirt from those two notes, but i would've welcomed it. I absolutely love the vetiver in this.

good throw but does not stick around long. ill probably make an EDP out of this.

Edited by murqmaid