Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Verteilt Euch, Wackre Männer, Hier

Dark mosses, emerald-green cypress boughs, fossilized pine sap, mugwort, balsam, yarrow, and white cedar

Pine sap, cedar, moss, and whiff of green herbs. This one smells like a forest floor herb patch. Mossy, green, and dark. Good throw and wear length.

I love yarrow and knew I had to sample this one just based on that note alone. I agree that this smells like a forest floor! Mossy, with lush ferns and a soft carpet of dark evergreen needles. It's a cool, deep, sweetly green scent. My skin kind of eats it up, unfortunately, but since I just got it out of the mail, I'll have to see if the staying power improves with rest/age. I adore this.

Edited by feyofthefellwood

For those that are curious as to how to pronounce this, I tried to do the best approximation I could via text: Fer-tile-t oish, vah-kruh mehn-nuh, here.

(teilt is one syllable, but I can't convey what it would sound like without separating the t from it, otherwise, it would read as tilt. So like tiled, but with a t instead of a d)

In the decant: A mugwort and moss strewn forest.

On me: Cypress, pine sap, and white cedar are the first notes that jump out to me, followed by the herbal mugwort. I was hoping to be able to pinpoint yarrow in this, which is not a note I am very familiar with (I think I only have tried in OLLA Eve), but alas. It doesn't take long for the moss to assert itself and make this moss central on me. I agree that this is like the scent of a forest floor, but like... a very mossy forest floor, with so much moss you can bounce on it. After several hours of wear, I can only smell moss. Woe!

Verdict: I love trying Beth's forest scents, but unfortunately, my moss-amping skin chemistry made this much less complex on me. :( I was so hoping my skin chemistry would allow the trees and herbs to shine through more. If you don't amp moss, you may have better luck with this than I did.

In the bottle, this is very much an herbal forest floor, the sort you find in damp and ancient places. There is also something of a hay note to this, even though it isn't listed. I suspect it's the moss playing with one of the woods.

Wet at first it is extremely herbal with more of that hay note, similar to what I could smell in Brood XIX which has aged really nicely.

Unfortunately, two things. My skin positively eats this. It doesn't really last even a full hour before drying down to something subtle on my skin, and secondly, I am also a moss amper, so it winds up smelling like single note moss before disappearing. Still very lovely, and I don't regret the purchase.

Oh, this. This was deep jade moss and cypress delishusness.

Deep, sink-into-it-like-a-bed green moss and green cypress boughs. I'd like to chill some evening with just this blend and some night swamp sounds playing on YouTube. Ambience without the hematophagic distraction of mosquitoes.

The other notes blended to add depth and woodiness -- a forest floorness -- but I couldn't make any other note out individually.

I'm out of moss-heavy fragrances now. I might replenish that dry well with a bottle of this one.

Wet: Well blended, but I can pick out pine, cedar, and balsam grounded in something plush that must be moss. It’s beautiful and very wearable. 

Dry: my skin drinks this up exceedingly fast, it dries quickly into a barely-there powdery sweet woody balsam. I’m hoping with some resting it might unfold a bit — I don’t mind the dry down it’s just not very exciting. I might try layering it in the meantime. 

I have worn this quite frequently since it was released and it is becoming an old friend. I smell all of the notes, in turn, as they are listed, which is pretty neat. The cedar doesn't amp, but when it warms up on my skin it turns just a bit musky and one of the green notes goes just a bit powdery and it ends up being quite beautiful. Very forest floor like without the bright conifer needles and mushrooms. I agree with everyone who has used the word mossy. 🙂 I really like this. The drydown reminds me of Theoi Nomioi but with moss instead of rock. They both have a musky drydown.

Edited by HerbGirl

In the imp: Moss, pine, and cedar.

Wet: Balsam and amber starting to emerge, capped with my favourite moss note from Eve, soft white cedar, and cypress.

Dry: Beautifully woodsy, with gentle currents of moss and pine running throughout. Eight or so hours lifespan, with a medium throw. I love this one.

Stars: ★★★★★

This is such a pretty forest scent. It deviates a little from my usual "oh hey, here's a face full of pine needles" scents. It starts off as moss, mugwort, cypress, pine, and balsam. On the skin it initially goes soapy (both moss and mugwort can do that on me), it eventually turns into a soft, powdery pine sap and cedar scent. That phase is nice, but the soap phase lasts too long for my liking.