Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

So Weit Gebracht, Daß Wir Bei Nacht

Hearts unsullied: red sandalwood, olibanum, white cedar, palmarosa, myrrh, vanilla husk, and cardamom.

Red sandalwood, cedar, myrrh and a vanilla cardamom dust. It's got some softness and sweetness to it. It's a soft woodsy blend with sandalwood. Medium throw and wear length.

At first, I'm confused and I think it's a light floral scent but it's not.  This feels like a nice summer blend.  Cardamom really leads the way and is supported by a light bouquet of resins.

I get mostly Cardamom and a husky vanilla that is not overly sweet more dry.  It reminds me of the color of a cardamom pod mostly because I'm mostly smelling cardamom throughout which is nice. I love Cardamom!

For those that are curious as to how to pronounce this, I tried to do the best approximation I could via text: Zo vite geh-brahkt, dahss veer by nahkt.

In the decant: Smooth resins sweetened with a bit of vanilla. The frankincense and vanilla combo have me wondering if I could use this to replace my bottle of Hope and Fear Set Free (which is almost gone).

On me: The resins are the star of the show, with the red sandalwood and frankincense (olibanum) being the most prominent of them on me, although I can smell the white cedar and myrrh as well. The myrrh in this is a soft variety, not a bold one. After about an hour, I start getting serious Meditation Buddy vibes from this, including a light orange-like note that I attributed to Meditation Buddy's Florida Water, but I am wondering if that's an aspect of the frankincense? Since making that connection, all I can think of is the similarity to Meditation Buddy every time I sniff this. They both contain sandalwood, frankincense, and vanilla, so I can see why they're similar, although the citrus in this was unexpected. Maybe it's the palmarosa adding that aspect to the scent? I only get the tiniest hint of cardamom if I go searching for it and inhale really deeply. The notes may make this sound like this would be darker, but it's actually a summery sort of resin scent.

Verdict: I think this smells lovely, but alas, it is too similar to Meditation Buddy to warrant getting a bottle. (Or maybe I should get one for when my bottle of Meditation Buddy inevitably runs out? Hmm....)

Edited by doomsday_disco

A pretty and serene red sandalwood warmed with rosy palmarosa and woodsy-pale cedar. The myrrh was a gentle resinous presence suffusing the blend.

This was a lovely sandalwood blend, and it lingered on my skin longer than most perfumes do.