Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Könnt Ihr So Verwegen Handeln

Bittersweet orange blossom, blackcurrant, labdanum, and winter roses splashed with tears.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Salty soft roses, whiff of orange blossom, and black currant. This one is a soft melancholic scent. It's oddly a violet rose to me, and it smells like melancholy, naps when you fall asleep because the world is too much and you just need to shut your eyes. Low throw, average wear length.

For those that are curious as to how to pronounce this, I tried to do the best approximation I could via text: Koennt ear zo fer-vay-gen hahn-deln.

In the decant: Orange blossom, blackcurrant, salt.

On me: The bitter orange blossom takes the center stage, followed by the salt. The blackcurrant lingers in the background at first, but ends up gaining strength over time, adding a welcome bit of sweetness to the scent. The salt manages to calm down and mingles with the rose, so that the scent ends up being a much softer salty rose and orange blossom slightly sweetened and smoothed over by the blackcurrant. I do not get any labdanum from this. It does smell bittersweet.

Verdict: This isn't something I'd reach for, but it is more pleasant than I thought it would be on me given the list of notes, and I think that's thanks to the blackcurrant.

This starts with a burst of saltiness, but that quickly disappears. Orange flower is definitely the star. It's citrusy, bitter, bright, and green. Perhaps there is some neroli in here as well (they smell different on my skin). Eucalyptus is sharing the spotlight. This scent is bracing, yet effervescent. Some saltiness backs it up.

About 20 minutes in, I am getting a fresh linen scent which is threatening to go soapy and dryer sheets. There is something holding it back from going to laundry land, though. Maybe a very faint jasmine? Then about 45 minutes in the florals start to come out. I haven't gotten my beloved rose yet. To me it smells like a fresh linen, salty jasmine.

It takes about 1 1/2 hours before I get the rose. It's a sweet, powdery type of rose, but the fresh linen scent remains at equal strength with the floral.

It is a very complex scent with lots of layers to it. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of ozone/fresh type perfumes. I wonder if layering it with a vanilla or rose heavy oil would make it better. I do think it's beautiful for what it is. If you enjoy this type of scent, it's definitely worth getting. 

3.5 out of 5 stars.

This was nearly Orange Blossom SN on my skin. Just a drip of light watery salt around the edges.

Some salt notes go wild on me. This one, though, had a sort of salt that I don't amp like mad, kind of like the recent Luper Sad Love in that way.

But no other notes made an appearance.

This goes on bitter and acidicly sharp, with the fruit and floral notes lurking underneath. I could smell each of the notes, except the laubdanum. It softens over time, becoming muted by a veil of subtle saltwater. The salt is quiet, and not intensely mineralized, less prominent than I hoped. On me, this is a scent of bitterness and hidden resentment, rather than melancholy. 

Received this as a decant. Smells beautiful. Something grassy/herbal going on with it that I enjoy. Slight soap, powder, but I get the orange blossoms mostly. I wish I could get that labdanum smell more. Anywho, it's a winner!