Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A fertile scent, generous, life-affirming, and swelling with a sense of triumph, warmth, and abundance: sweet milk, golden honey, fig fruit, cedarwood, olive leaf, and dates.

So delicate! This is a dreamy, creamy scent, sweet & uplifting. The milk note is subordinate to the fig, honey & olive leaf. Something about the fruit, honey & leaves creates a slightly floral impression. It's wonderfully comforting. If you loved Poor Monkey, grab this!

I love the fig/honey/olive leaf combo, it's very sweet and delicate. Reminds me a bit of Eden. Before the scent fully dries, I get a hint of almost-sour milk, but that goes away.

Sweet, creamy and lightly fruity. You can absolutely detect the fig, but it's not the main event. The honey warms up with the skin and it's comforting and beautiful at every stage. This is somewhere between a yule and shunga scent for me, if that makes sense? I will be ordering a bottle of this, maybe two!

This is more fig-centric on me in the wet phase. I actually like the Coconut, Smoked Vanilla, and Fig trio better for a sweet fig scent, as this one is not very interesting on my skin. This dries down to something a little reminiscent of Chaste Moon, one of my favorites, but I like Chaste Moon better--the creamy scent without the fig note here. Also started having a skin reaction (bumps) on the wrist I applied this today (but not yesterday), but I have a history of allergic reactions to certain BPALs (Chimera famously sensitized me so badly that I couldn't use most BPAL for a long time) and it could have been building up from other oils, it's so hard to say, but something to keep in mind. I don't see an obvious trigger like cinnamon here. 

Milk Moon 2020 is definitely a delicate cozy scent.
The fig is strong in the wet phase. As it starts to dry, the fig gets more aligned with a soft milk note and olive leaf. A bit of honey is drizzled over them, but it’s so delicate that it’s only serving to warm up the scent some. The date, I’m imagining, just deepens the sweetness a touch more. I was afraid the cedarwood would be MIA, yet I do get a sense of its support in the drydown.
The milk becomes the primary note. It feels like indulging in a bowl of milk, dotted with ripe fruit and sparkling in the sun. 
Overall, a very supportive creamy fruity scent cloud that will nuzzle you into bliss.

I think it’s perfect for Summer! 

Edited by artisjok

I totally agree with everyone calling this 'cozy' - it is so incredibly comforting!

In the bottle, I'm immediately reminded of Obatala - it is sweet, creamy, and almost-tropical, and I am tricked into smelling the tiniest hint of coconut. 

Freshly applied, the fig and dates come out - I'm reminded of snacking on dried figs, or those sugar-coated date chunks you use in baking. It's a slightly earthy sweetness; a bit syrupy, which you might think would clash with the airy, creamy first stages, but it melds together surprisingly well. There is the very slightest sour touch for a bit, but that fades pretty quickly.

As it dries, the olive leaf, and cedarwood add a more of an earthy, almost-musky quality, which ultimately dries to a very nice dry-woodsy note. The Lab's milk note is very recognizable to me these days - porridge-like and almost powdery, and it, with the honey, is a big star by the end. 

All together, it is a light, sweet, summertime kind of fragrance. Not entirely tropical at the end, but perhaps more like summertime in the mountains, enjoying exotic fruits and honey with home made whipped cream, as a cool breeze blows through nearby coniferous trees.

This year's Milk Moon is a soft but wholly nourishing blend, a version of a promised land.

In the bottle, the blend is mostly a lightly honeyed milk to me, with hints of Mediterranean fruit.

Fresh on my skin, the figs and dates come out, rich with cream, a bit warmed with honey, full and round with hot-summer fruitiness. Olive and cedar trees rustle in the breeze around the edges, woodsy and a little airy.

This smells like abundance. My skin seems hungry for abundance, because it eats the scent up quickly. Hopefully a little age will add longevity to the wear.

This one's a morpher! In the decant, I mostly get sweet milk and figs. Once it's on, I amp the cedarwood like whoa. For a while, the cedarwood and olive leaf notes almost completely drown out the milk and fig (fortunately, I like those notes). After drydown, the milk and fig slowly work their way back in; eventually, it's once again primarily a sweet milk and fig scent, with the cedarwood giving it a subtle backbone. Rich and sweet, but feels very summery (in that sense it reminds me of Nonae Caprotina from 2009).

Honeyed milk, figs and a whiff of cedarwood. This one is a sweet, milky figgy blend on me. Medium throw and wear length.

This is so gorgeous. In the bottle, it's largely milk and fig with an undercurrent of honey. On me, my skin amps the honey like woah. It takes a while for anything else to assert itself. After a few hours, it's very creamy fruit with just a subtle whiff of something woody under it. I was never able to pick out any of the wood notes individually. It felt a little bit like wearing a cozy, worn in cardigan. I think I'll save this scent for when I'm feeling melancholy or under the weather as it's such a bright, comforting pick-me-up.

So! Everything about this one sounds perfect, and I was so looking forward to having this. Something in it (possibly the olive leaf?) went musty on my skin after initially applying which made me nervous, but after ten minutes it morphed into sweet milk and honey goodness. Unfortunately, my skin also gobbled it all up so it's a verrry light scent on me. Will have to hold on to it for a little longer to see if it's worth it on my skin. Wanted to post my experience with it in case anyone else runs into the same issue~

In the bottle, I get milk, honey, and fig, and the tiniest hint of white wood. On, wet: The wood and olive leaf notes start to come out and temper the sweetness a bit Drydown: The honey and date notes float back to the top, with just a hint of the milk in the background, with the tiniest hint of cedar on the back-whiff. Really gorgeous and very comforting.  Low throw; stays tight to the skin, medium wear length.  

Strangely, this is so pretty, but not milky nor creamy, but perfumey enough to put me off. I think it's the honey and the white wood. I think this would smell fantastic on the right person, but that is not me.

Milk Moon is Good Odd. In the vial, it smells like sour milk, and I found it off-putting on first sniff. On the skin, the sourness mellows right away. I get the dates and figs, but they don't take over. Fig can be weird on me -- not unpleasant, but it can distract from any other notes. Here, it's just a hint, and doesn't get in the way of the rest of the blend at all. The honey is subtle, as is the cedar. There is good balance between the sweetness of the honey and fruits, the sturdy woods, and the tangy milk. The tang that put me off in the bottle becomes my favorite part on my skin -- it makes this blend unique and interesting.

I usually wear perfume when unwinding in the evening, so every scent ends up becoming a sleep scent. It usually doesn't make much difference one way or the other in my sleep quality. Milk Moon is the exception -- it knocks me out. I noticed I sleep deeper and feel more rested when I am wearing it, and it lasts long enough that I can still smell it in the morning. I wish I had figured out that fringe benefit earlier, because I would have been tempted to get a rare back up bottle.

In the imp: Condensed milk, honey, fig, and a bready sweetness - like sniffing a warm bread and butter pudding.

Wet: Fig and cedar, with a deep hint of olive and date. A slightly leafier, drier, Strangler Fig.

Dry: Primarily fig with a base of wood, and ongoing leafy top notes. I accidentally showered it off, but by the time I did, it was fairly faded so I don't think impacted its lifespan too much. ^_^

Lasts around 6-8 hours with a medium throw.

Stars: ★★★★★

Mmm, this is pretty. I've been trying to reorganize my collection and in the process have pulled out some scents I've not worn in ages, and this was one!

It's a soft, cozy, sweet milk with honey and fig and olive leaf, on me - I don't really get anything woodsy. I've been realizing how much I like olive notes - leaf, oil, etc - and it's definitely here, with that savory/fruity quality layered into more dark fruit with the fig and sweet light milk - by light I mean it's *not* the BPAL heavy cream note, or anything buttery; it's clearly a simple warm slightly sweet milk.

I feel like this is a good spring/summer transition scent: sweet and pretty, a little foodie-adjacent but not exactly foodie, full of fruits and milk.