Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An oil of peace, harmony, and reconciliation – a ceasefire, an oil of amity, a blend that restores harmony and nullifies household discord. We’re all in this together – and in many cases, really REALLY together – and this oil was crafted to help make that stay-at-home-in-your-face togetherness as peaceful and sweet as possible.

This oil contains three types of rose essential oil, rose petals from the TAL garden, borage, motherwort, passion flower, lavender, sumac berries, coriander, and magnolia blossoms.

White Rose smells beautiful. Gossamer, paper roses in white and perhaps yellow. I feel like I'm actually smelling the borage, too. Sweet and truly a beautiful scent. I think I started really smelling the magnolia and coriander after about 30 minutes but all of these notes are so perfectly blended that it just creates a perfect blend. Very cool. I actually meant to test another oil this morning but, somehow, White Rose was the bottle I opened. I guess it knew I needed it today? Gotta love TAL oils. I'm sure this oil 'works' in addition to just smelling awesome but I'm not sure how it will work for me yet. Indulge me for a second while I muse that this oil smells necessary. I've never had that feeling before but it is really powerful. I feel bad that my scent review is really not doing this oil justice: it is truly beautiful and one of a kind. Also, for anyone worried, I don't smell soapy rose here. Just lovely. I'm very surprised to be the first reviewer. I was hesitant but had to write something. 🙂 Beautiful.

Edited by HerbGirl

This one really is a fresh, true rose scent, with some slight herbal undertones. Borage tends to go odd and bitter on me, but the rose and other florals balance it out nicely. A very true, pleasant, non-soapy rose. I grabbed a decant, but might go for a full bottle, both for the scent and intended use. (For what it's worth, I recently used this in conjunction with dealing with a neighbor dispute, and it went much, much better than expected. It's possible the scent just calmed me enough to approach the situation with confidence, but whatever the effect was or wasn't, the situation had a positive resolution.)

This was kind of a gamble for me, but it paid off tremendously. I love rose, and I love herbals, and was afraid this might go dusty potpourri, but it doesn't. In the bottle I found the herbs to be strongest, but with wear the rose comes out a lot more, sweet but not oppressive. I'm amazed at how balanced this is - the rose is present, but never dominates, and the herbal backbone complements beautifully. It smells how a spa should smell, therapeutic but sophisticated. Absolute win for me. 

Decanted by my usual supplier; received and tested mid-lockdown, where it created a brief but perfect sense of harmony.

In the imp: rose and lavender with the faintest hint of magnolia; no herbal notes at all, surprisingly.

Wet: new, barely white, petals covered in dew; a waft of soap from the magnolia; sweet green grassy undertones.

Dry: this one fades on me more or less instantly, which is a shame, as it's lovely! If I sniff for it, I can get traces of lavender/rose,  but it's more like the memory of a garden than the garden itself. Even freshly applied, the throw is faint, if not imperceptible.

Stars: ★★★★

This is a pretty faint rose, not as soapy as some roses can be but there was definitely a sort of minty note to me as well. It does not last long at all, maybe 30 minutes if I'm being generous. So I cannot recommend this for the smell alone.

I used this oil for peace and I'm glad to say it worked for what I needed. The conversation I had before wearing this oil, which I anticipated would have ended badly, went very well. Actually, a lot better than I was hoping for. So while I'm not a big fan of the scent itself, I'm glad it worked for what I needed.

White Rose has a gorgeous light clean floral scent. It leaves my skin smelling freshly soaped, but not excessively soapy or powdery. Perfect for calming and comforting.

A beautiful white rose scent with a barely there herbal or green undertone that you could wear to work. What's really wonderful about this is that it does the job it states...ever single time I wear it!

Reminds me of some of the rosewater facial tonics I have used, not quite soapy, but clean, light, dewy and refreshing.  A little coolness from the herbal lavender.  Doesn't last long on me, but is pleasant and pretty.