Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Gaia's Blessing

An oil for gardeners, farmers, homesteaders, horticulturalists, and all people who shepherd and care for the Earth. It can be used in rituals to enhance your gardening skills, increase your crop output, and protect your gardens, fields, and farms, as well as rituals honoring Earth deities and for rites to enhance grounding, stability, fecundity, patience, wisdom, and endurance. This oil can also be used in works to support environmental and climate political action.

Patchouli root, spikenard, burgundy pitch, barley, oakmoss, rice, purple sage, white sage, and clary sage, vervain, ivy, and myrrh.

I got this in the mail today and I couldn't help myself, I immediately tested it. 

It's amazing. It's like a resin incense layered over patchouli root pulled from the soil with earth still clinging to it. 

I manage a Garden center that by virtue of being attached to a local farmers market is allowed to be open. Almost all the other garden centers around us in PA are closed. This makes the run up to mothers day especially stressful. All of this to say that my shoulders actually relaxed when I first applied this blend. I took a more grounded breath. It was freeing. 

Should a full days test prove to be much the same, I'll have to restrain myself from ceremoniously dumping the whole vial over my head and rubbing it into my pores. 

I need this in my life, and may need to get a back up bottle. 

This is a beautiful, grounding, verdant scent, profound and ancient and meditative. It's not just an herbal scent, though it is that upfront. It settles into a rich, fertile, dense and mysterious incense. The stages of the scent are almost like the life cycle of a tree, from a wet and fecund green sapling in black dirt (strong patch, bright conifer, and sage), to grassy and rich and growing, to deep-rooted and stoic. I absolutely adore how it smells when it's completely dry, like a rich, dark green, mossy ceremonial incense, with an exquisite dry sage blend that has completely changed my mind about how I feel about sage. It smells like old earth magic.

I'm not sure it's appropriate to wear this, but I am enjoying it far too much to hold back from that use. I am looking forward to having this blessing in my life. 🍃

The myrrh and patchouli pop out at me first, incense-y and resinous. The other notes assert themselves quickly -- deep, green, mossy, and earthy notes all layered over the myrrh. Like incense mixed with freshly upturned earth and moss, in the best way possible. I recently started a small container garden, and just dabbed a little bit around the containers in hopes that the plants will get some benefit. 

Wet: Sage.

Dry:

Sage, patchouli, and woody (spikenard?) incense.  Someone's been doing magic in the forest or this outdoor hippie is super mossy.

I love this and it's perfect with Earth bath oil, which I have a little bit left of.  Lots of sage and patchouli when wet, then there's the pitch and the green growing things.  The myrrh is a later arrival on me, and the late drydown is incensey, mossy woods.  I never get the grains but couldn't care less.  This is earthy, grounding, and just beautiful for lovers of dark forest scents. 

I've used this in a couple of money spells, & it works for me. ;) I'll share with you the things I've done. Put a drop on any note of currency, then keep it in your wallet/purse/pocket. I've also made a sugar jar (to attract sweet things) with rice, salt, some coins, a metal pentacle, & a few drops of this oil. Shake it while thinking about blessings, & keep it in a hidden place.

I've worn this a few times, too. Very strong patchouli, with spikenard singing loudly, & the sages give it some spice. I got a sniff down from 3 women at the register once when wearing this... I felt so awkward, & it's probably why I don't wear this much anymore too, but it attracts the old school patchouli lovers, & I mean it draws them in closely! I also could have sworn marigold was in this, but I must be confusing my scents.

Edited by Rane.