Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Grapefruit, Yuzu & White Musk

In The Bottle: The very tart (and delicious!) grapefruit is way out front. The yuzu provides a touch of sweetness at the backend. No musk comes through at this stage.

Wet On Skin: Much the same, which is fine by me!

Dry Down:  Whereas in the bottle the grapefruit is more pith-heavy, once it warms and opens fully on my skin, it becomes a bit more juicy, and fruit-focused. I get traces of the musk, more as a way to simply give the grapefruit depth, but the musk, like the yuzu, really only provide supporting roles for the grapefruit, which remains the main star of this show. MUCH later in the wear, a bit more musk rises to the occasion, but the grapefruit remains a focal point, even then.

In All: I adore the Lab's citrus-heavy scents, whether they are confections like Kingdom Of Sweets, or fresh, tart masterpieces, like my dearly beloved Happy Baby In A Dress; which is why I picked up a full bottle of this untested and untried. Low throw and lovely on its own for upcoming hot days and nights, I see great potential for layering with this oil, either with sugar-heavy scents like the most recent 13 or Sugar Skull, or else to bring a bright tone to richer, denser woody scents like Tiki King! or even Tombstone.

This is a super aggressive pink grapefruit with notes of yuzu.

AND I LOVE IT. This is the grapefruit single note blend of my dreams. 

All of them gloriously grapefruit fruity - pink, juicy, tart, and GRAPEFRUIT COLORED.

I don't give a damn if this lasts or not, its been twenty glorious minutes and that's all my attention span can cope with at the moment.

Wet, this is an electric zing of sour grapefruit and it's kind of awesome even though it gives my nose some shock. My skin eats it pretty fast though; in a half hour, it was gone. 

In the decant: Zingy pink grapefruit, with yuzu adding a touch of sweetness in the background. As it dries down, the white musk comes out more, adding some subtle grounding to the scent, but grapefruit is still very much the dominant note. If you like grapefruit, you'll love this. It's like a pared-down version of Bellicose Clam Alchemy Lab that swaps the lemony sweetness for all grapefruit, all the time. It does settle and fade pretty fast, but this might be a plus if you're looking for something that'll stick close to the skin. I wish it maintained a stronger throw for longer, but haven't ruled out a bottle purchase.

This is super well-blended on my skin after drydown, a really nice balance of musk and citrus. A very summery, shimmery sort of scent.

Clean and fresh citrus, really like it. I'm not super familiar with yuzu, but I really like it here. It's super sweet and pairs nicely with the tart pink grapefruit. The musk stays in the background until about an hour where it takes over the grapefruit.

Don't think I'll upgrade, but it's a very calming scent. Helped with my stress today that's for sure