Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cotton Candy, Strawberry & Lime Zest

Strawberry sugar and a whiff of lime zest. Honestly, this smells like pink strawberry candies. Very sweet, very sugary, mondo throw on me.

this smells so familiar.

i haven't sniffed it in years - maybe i'm thinking of the Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel one from a decade or so ago? 

i don't get that plastic-y strawberry, this is more like the one from Strawberry Moon.  i'm not getting cotton candy or the zing of lime zest - but i am getting something more like key lime pie (which, honestly, i prefer over lime zest... and i love cotton candy but these days it tends more towards that blue raspberry thing and not what i remember it being like).

This is very similar to Drag on a Slime, except strawberry cotton candy instead of guava sugar. The lime is really shining through on me, I'm starting to suspect lime likes me. On me, the strawberry is 'fluffy'. Not a juicy on the vine strawberry, more like a strawberry..... I don't know? The equivalent of a strawberry pie filling mixed with cream? Strawberry ice cream? I'm guessing it's the cotton candy aspect doing that, because I sure can't pin this strawberry down. The lime is distinct. 

Verdict: fun, summery, sweet and a bit playful. This would work on a young girl too.

Edit: Interestingly enough, 3 hours later it smells like key lime pie. Cool.

Edited by Larinessa

Wet: I LOVE strawberry and lime together, and that's what's coming out swinging here! I'm not getting any cotton candy (yet).

Dry: Welcome to the party, cotton candy! In order of strongest note to least - strawberry, lime, cotton candy. Kind of reminds me of a strawberry pie with lime zest? Definitely foodie and sweet.

This is delicious! :yum: I love the BPAL cotton candy note; my all-time fav is Midway, but this is like her fun younger sister. I get each note quite distinctly while wet, and the lime is perfect for a tangy balance to the sweet. The strawberry is least dominant on me, which is good as my skin does tend to turn it to plastic (notable exception: Strawberry Moon). Dry, the notes blend into cotton candy with a slight fruit twist. Strong throw, and very summery!

Wet:

Strawberry Sour Power.  The Lab is killing me with these smells from my childhood.

Dry: 

The citrus note didn't linger.  All I've got is sugar with a whiff of strawberry now.  I can barely smell it which means I can give someone diabetes six feet out of they pass within social distancing parameters.

Wet:

The Lab's "sour candy" note plus a hint of powdery cotton candy.

Dry:

The cotton candy note has gotten stronger and vaguely disturbing. It's burnt sugar and a bit of strawberry jelly.

Several hours later:

This is the good part! The sweetness has become a kind of powdery floral, and the lime zest lends some bitterness to round out the now-soft sweet-and-sour. 

Initial blast of tart lime. Love that. It dries down to mostly cotton candy though, which is more sweetness than I prefer. I can see why foodies love this! 

This is a super candy shop blast on me.  It reminds me of those expensive German strawberry candies initially, amped up to a zillion.  Dries down to a general cotton candy candy shop thing. Medium throw and wear.

I can see why this is so sought after! Once it was first applied, it resembled Bitches Love Unicorns a lot. Just a nice mix of sugary sweetness. The strawberry reminds me of jelly initially, like maybe in a sufganiyot (I have not tried Strawberry Sufganiyot so I'm unsure if the notes are similar). The lime adds a really nice slightly sour edge to all this sweetness, and I love it paired with the strawberry. Cotton candy is the one note I can't really pick up until a while after it's dried down. 

I love it and wish I had more. I'd say it's heavier on the fruits than the cotton candy, but it's definitely worth trying if you love any of these.

Hmmm so this one is mostly Strawberry on me and Lime which isn’t sitting well on my skin. But after the dry down the cotton Candy finally comes out and that’s the best note for sure, but sadly it’s so soft. I get the appeal of this scent it’s a fun fruity gem but not toothsome enough for me. 🍓